Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

deceit wrote: »
    I received my waterblocks for the 7970's today so I taught I would create a temp loop while I decide what way to finish my full loop. I have a spare 480mm rad and an xspc drive bay res/pump combo so I just connected them up until I fully figure out my layout :)

Its really messy but I will tidy it up as I get closer to finishing the loop.

Are you getting backplates for the 7970's?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

game4it70 wrote: »
    Are you getting backplates for the 7970's?
    When I can get hold of xspc 7970 backplates I will, I wont use any other make as I want to keep all the blocks one type.

When I can get hold of xspc 7970 backplates I will, I wont use any other make as I want to keep all the blocks one type.

Cool as will look much better with them on.My EK one has thermal pads on it too but i really dont think it dissipates any heat tbh.

game4it70 wrote: »
    Cool as will look much better with them on.My EK one has thermal pads on it too but i really dont think it dissipates any heat tbh.
    No, it would really be only for looks and make it easier to clean off dust. Thats about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

9PWXgJk.jpg

Can't wait to get started on this.. I'm just waiting on Thermal Paste and fans to arrive :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Danger781 wrote: »

Can't wait to get started on this.. I'm just waiting on Thermal Paste and fans to arrive :D

Should be very nice :) Is there a lovely monitor accompanying it ?

With all this talk to crossfire 7950's and 1440p I could easily see my needs outgrowing the Prodigy :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

beno619 wrote: »
    Should be very nice :) Is there a lovely monitor accompanying it ?

With all this talk to crossfire 7950's and 1440p I could easily see my needs outgrowing the Prodigy :o

There will be a 1440p QNIX arriving tomorrow ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Did a little bit of upgrading today. The Parts arrived yesterday but I hadn't had the chance. Couldn't figure out why the new case was so loud until I realised the fan I had plugged into the chassis instead of the built in fan controller was spinning at 1650rpm :pac:

yOP0UBx.jpg?1

27ycD2e.jpg?1

BbEYn6l.jpg?1

nowuVrP.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I love the huge supply of compressed air in the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

I love the huge supply of compressed air in the corner.

There's actually a lot more than what's visible. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Bazzo wrote: »
    There's actually a lot more than what's visible. :pac:

Picture or GTFO.

Wait, that's only for nekkid pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Scottius

More pics of my build, as promised.

#1 Dat cable management

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Scottius wrote: »
    More pics of my build, as promised.

#1 Dat cable management

Dat lighting :P
    Looks pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭viperirl

I haven't had much time lately to make much progress on my build due to the good weather and waiting on parts to come in. Below is still very much a work in progress so no where near finished.

Still waiting on the Titan waterblocks to come into stock so for now I just concentrated on mobo loop. Tested it today will distilled water and so far no leaks. Took quite a while to bleed the system too. The pump was quite noisy until I got the air out.

The only slight concern is that the mobo is very very heavy now with all those waterblocks on it. Hopefully it's not being strained too much.

Tried to route the top tube in behind the mobo but the thick tubing didnt allow me to do so. I might come back to it yet.

20130713_180458_zps12b88724.jpg

20130713_180351_zps11bea081.jpg

Mobo pump & res at the back.

20130713_180226_zps20fad6da.jpg

This pump and res will drive the GPU loop eventually.

20130713_180239_zpsa6e607d8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Impressive. Very clean tubing.

Connected up the LEDs and fans. Still running with distilled water only. Have 2 litres of Mayhem blue coolant but I'll do a good leak test before I drain and refill with that stuff.

Very eager and impatient for those GPU waterblocks to come in now. :mad:

20130713_202740_zpsd0a0008c.jpg

Nice. Maybe tried and route those LED cables behind the motherboard? They just sort of break things up, as you can really easily see them crossing the blocks, etc.

Serephucus wrote: »
    Nice. Maybe tried and route those LED cables behind the motherboard? They just sort of break things up, as you can really easily see them crossing the blocks, etc.

Agreed. They're just tempory for the moment anyway. A lot of work to do yet.
    The fans are barely audible even at 100% RPM which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,182 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

bjm7jBGl.jpg

eLNro7cl.jpg

Bu92sRxl.jpg

viperirl wrote: »
    Connected up the LEDs and fans. Still running with distilled water only. Have 2 litres of Mayhem blue coolant but I'll do a good leak test before I drain and refill with that stuff.

Very eager and impatient for those GPU waterblocks to come in now. :mad:

Loop order looks good but not liking the xspc fittings :(. I bought some myself for my small rig and they look 100 times better in pics than real.
    They really dont look nice when joined together like a 90deg and a 45 :(.
    Otherwise I like the route you took with it :)

• Advertisement

Loop order looks good but not liking the xspc fittings :(. I bought some myself for my small rig and they look 100 times better in pics than real.

I agree (have 6 of them) and the collar can be a pain to get on with certain tubes.

I quite like the fittings myself. Like the chunky look of them together with the thick tubing. Not easy to work with though in tight spaces.
    The route above was pretty much the only one I could do as any other way would result in two compression fittings getting in the way of each other.

Drain valve for the GPU loop

20130714_210053_zpse572a62d.jpg

Connected up the second loop minus of the graphics cards and doing a leak test on both loops. An absolute pain the hole to bleed that bottom loop.

20130714_213743_zps3748da18.jpg

I quite like the fittings myself. Like the chunky look of them together with the thick tubing. Not easy to work with though in tight spaces.
    The route above was pretty much the only one I could do as any other way would result in two compression fittings getting in the way of each other.

Connected up the second loop minus of the graphics cards and doing a leak test on both loops. An absolute pain the hole to bleed that bottom loop.

Looking good.

The bottom loop might be hard to bleed because of the 90 going from res into the pump.
    AFAIK its not recommended as it put strain on the impeller.

I've gone with res and about 6" of hose then a 90 into the pump with no issues though.

Agreed. They're just tempory for the moment anyway. A lot of work to do yet.
    The fans are barely audible even at 100% RPM which is nice.
    What ram did you use with the waterblocks in the end?

What ram did you use with the waterblocks in the end?

I went for the Samsung Green which installs very nicely with the XSPC blocks as long as you use the thermal pads in order to get a secure fit.

The Titan waterblocks arrived at last. I got one of the cards fitted this evening but the other two cards have Torx T6 or T7 screws fitted which the other card did not, and I dont have a small enough Torx screwdriver. :-(
    God damn it anyway. Maybe Maplins might have one.

20130717_211258_zps08008f0d.jpg

They do. I ran into the same problem with my 580.

Finally got my Titan cards in and what an absolute pain in the hole it was too. Mainly cos of their bulk and sheer weight. I had to be extremely careful not to stress the mobo too much as there is enough of weight on it already.

A few pics below but this is far from finished. Didnt spend too much time with the lighting, they were just thrown around in there really. Struggling to get the red light stronger than it shows in the pics and I need to get some more colour into the reservoirs too. I want to do it with backlight only while the just having distilled water in both the reservoirs. Might need to go with ligh strips but no idea how it will turn out.

I still have one major problem and that is a very large air bubble in the bottom loop. When I turn off the pump, the bubble comes back up to the 3 Titan cards and rests somewhere between the entry and exit of the SLI bridge. Cant seem to get rid of it. Rocking the machine from the side to side is possible but I cant only do it a little cos the weight and fear of stressing components especially the mobo.

20130719_224214_zpsa1d9fffc.jpg

20130719_224145_zps847830d0.jpg

20130719_224113_zps942e54aa.jpg

20130719_224015_zps72a3daa9.jpg

20130719_224305_zpsbb90e336.jpg

A few more pics in daylight. Wont get anymore time with it until tomorrow evening I'd say.

20130720_094204_zpse3356fdd.jpg

20130720_094131_zps11504ad0.jpg

20130720_094115_zps8cd7838b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

One of the cleanest nicest looking water cooling setups I've seen. Nice work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Keimps

sweet! looks awesome :)
    hopefully one day I will be able to do that as well ;)

Advertisement