Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Now, I should mention that 95 is after nine hours, and only on one core, but it's hotter than it should be. Bumping up fan speed doesn't seem to do too much, so I'm thinking it might be a bad mount with the block... Which I'm not re-doing, I'm just not.

I'm glad I went with the Prodigy though, and didn't invest ~€200 in an NCase. As much as I love being able to pick the thing up (almost) one-handed and bring it to a friend's house, I think an mATX rig will be the order of the day next time. More rad space, room for my proper sound card (which I've decided to keep, for this reason) and the possibility of SLI as well.

Deceit, why no LEDs on the GPU blocks?

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭viperirl

Looks great Deceit. I bet you're in agony waiting for those fittings to come into stock. I know the feeling! :-)
    I still havent finished off mine yet. Probably another 2 or 3 weeks before I get a chance to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

viperirl wrote: »
    Looks great Deceit. I bet you're in agony waiting for those fittings to come into stock. I know the feeling! :-)
    I still havent finished off mine yet. Probably another 2 or 3 weeks before I get a chance to do so.
    Yea its annoying, I paided the first 300 as they said they where in stock then got an email two days later :mad:. So said feck it since i'm waiting might as well get more :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Added a mini-monitor to my case to keep an eye on temps while in-game....I know I could have overlays on my regular screen, but I liked the gadget factor!

265137.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I like your keyboard TF :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Added a mini-monitor to my case to keep an eye on temps while in-game....I know I could have overlays on my regular screen, but I liked the gadget factor!

What monitor is it? Really considering adding a small monitor to my rig!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

This thread makes me want to open up my PC and sort out my cable management :(

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Vince086

Danger781 wrote: »
    I haven't noticed that before. What picture?

On the post from NTMK, side picture of a white case (I assume a Corsaire 600T?)
    This picture.

I can't tell if it is closed properly or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Vince086 wrote: »

This picture.

ya it was a 600t

it was closed properly iirc and you dont see much light leakage IRL there was a bit around one of the top corner but it was bent into place

all the photos we took of it showed up leakage that couldnt be seen with the naked eye

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Vince086 wrote: »

This picture.

Ah I thought you were talking about my case. I was very confused. :confused:

• Advertisement

Serephucus wrote: »
    Ugly as all hell, but:
    Had a really hard time trying to figure out where to stick that mechanical drive. I originally had the bottom part of the HDD cage still installed, and the pump/res fit like that, but only with around 3mm to spare before it hit the rad, and I wanted some vibration damping in there too, so it had to come out.

Cable management isn't really there at the moment. There's not a lot can be done to be honest though. Most of the clutter is SATA-related, and there's nowhere else that junk can be put.

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering, that random PCI bracket in the third picture is a fan controller. The board only has two headers. :P
    I'm just curious why not put a 200mm rad in the front of the case? Would be much better for cooling?

It doesn't fit (fully). It will fit in the case alright, and mount correctly, but it hits the I/O board on the side panel once you try and close the case up. A 180mm rad will fit though, and I might upgrade to one of those at some point.

It doesn't fit (fully). It will fit in the case alright, and mount correctly, but it hits the I/O board on the side panel once you try and close the case up. A 180mm rad will fit though, and I might upgrade to one of those at some point.
    I've the same rad and it fits??? You just need to fit it properly :P

... I've read multiple reports saying it won't. Can I see a picture?

20130615_135532_zpsf188fc15.jpg
    Thats my one. I havent really touched it in a while just have the watercooling, psu and 2 * 250gb ssds for it so far :(

Cheers! Might just have to try that with mine then. The only thing is that I still need a mechanical drive for the moment, and I don't think it'll fit up the front with that rad there. Will have a poke around with it when I get a chance.

(There's also the fact that 200mm fans suck noise-wise :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Due to me kinda not having any money I decided to mod my case instead of buying gear, Ye know how it is.

I bent, cut, filed, steel wooled(?), primed and spray painted the side casing of an old discarded computer case I picked up in the local recycling center this morning and made a cover for my PSU.

Rig before
    wnoh.jpg

Side of recycled case
    4mvb.jpg

After 3rd coat
    gpb8.jpg

Secured in
    0j6k.jpg

It doesn't looking great from this side :o
    udl2.jpg

All closed up :)
    q6wf.jpg

Already had the primer, paint cost me €5 and got the 2 screws and nuts off the local builders providers for nowt.

Twas a handy enough little project. Was very worried about filings from when I drilled the two holes to put the screws through but an eager hover and I got them all.

I reckon I'm going to pick up some red LED lights inside the cover as there are loads on vents, red LED's will look smashing shining up through them. I gotta move the graphics card up a slot but too tired to do it tonight.

If I was doing it again I would get a grinder and have taken the original paint completely off the case. Its 90% perfect as it is except where I bent the case. The paint seems to be "raised" ever so slightly.

Waiting for the coats of primer and paint to dry was the hardest part.

Im happy out though.

Thanks to Edd China for the spray painting advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Awesome job, looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Portlawslim

ED E wrote: »

I second that.looks good:)

Fantastic looking, nice one!

(I only wish my cuts looks half as nice :P)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

ED E wrote: »

Sound!
    Fantastic looking, nice one!

(I only wish my cuts looks half as nice :P)

My cuts weren't great but with a steel file and vice I was able to hide my dodgy cutting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Looks great. Good job!

Seems like a great find as well as it looks like a very good quality case too with plenty of cable management options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Looks great man. LEDs under the PSU cover are a must, they will look awesome through the grills!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Great idea wandatowell, and nicely done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Very nice job!

ive a couple old cases here and ive got new-found curiosity as to what i can do with them.

Edd China FTW ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Telchak

New desk has my PC back at eye level again. Guess I need to get some lights for the inside :D

38sr.jpg

Nice and clean. I approve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

I love that case!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭The Golden Teapot

Finally got time to get everything finished!! Sorry if the pics are too big struggling with the images!!
    Specs:
    i5 3570k @4.4Ghz
    16Gb Corsair Vengeance ram
    2*SLI MSI 660ti 3Gb
    120Gb Samsung ssd
    2tb Seagate barracuda
    Asrock Extreme4
    Corsair h100 push/pull
    NZXT Sentry Fan controller
    Coolermaster HAF X
    Corsair GS 800 psu
    4z95.jpg
    wflf.jpg
    rgbj.jpg

Thanks to everyone that helped me out with advice and such over the last year!! And especially game4it70 for the sli bridge!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Portlawslim

Is that a giant mouse mat?

Advertisement