Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭The Golden Teapot

Is that a giant mouse mat?

Yeah it's the 3XL version off overclockers!! Fits like a glove on the desk!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Yeah it's the 3XL version off overclockers!! Fits like a glove on the desk!!

I like it...is it hard or soft..

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Recurve360

dwighet wrote: »
    I like it...is it hard or soft..

Also half price this week only. Heres the info on it:
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GS-003-OP&groupid=702&catid=32

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Recurve360 wrote: »

totally ordering this, my desktop just happens to be 1200 x 600!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

First part of my new rig is up and running so heres a pic of it
    photo.jpg

all thats left to do is:
    add a second 780
    watercool it (maybe)
    Sort out my audio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

350D? How're you finding it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Serephucus wrote: »
    350D? How're you finding it?

yep

Lovely to build in with the exception of the top expansion slot thumbscrew is a bitch to unscrew/screw esp when your gpu's top screw gap is a little off. its like a little 600T. Top of the case is a little ugly imo but it isnt a deal-breaker for me

The size of the window is soo nice along with the smoked tint on it

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

My Rig same from last time except new case(previous one was way too cramped) and an extra 2TB HDD:

CoolerMaster 690 Advanced II
    3570k @ 4.5
    GTX 670
    Asus P8Z77-V
    128Gb Samsung SSD
    1TB Seagate Barracuda
    2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda
    Corsair HX650 (clicking/chirping all day long)
    Noctua NH-D14

Added an additional usb header to the back bottom of the case, and also I took the old case's front panel out and am using those usb ports as well.

3ksz.png

e8a.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Got a new motherboard and psu,seen as i had to take whole pc apart to get them in i thought id try do a little better with the cable management this time!! Hopefully it'll improve airflow a bit and reduce temps! The first pic is what it looked like before and the second two after i put the stuff in:)

Before
    20130625_181452[1].jpg

After:)
    20130803_150851[1].jpg
    20130803_152945[1].jpg

Still not great compared to some of the very neat rigs posted here but hopefully better than it was! Gonna replace the 200mm fans in the build,there red l.e.d but the white plastic looks terrible,and the leads are not black. Really dont see why the couldnt have used black cables for them

EDIT: Also how do i get the pics to display when im posting? Cant figure it out:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Looking better. Click the insert image icon or use image tags.

[IMG][/IMG]

It's about time I uploaded pics of my own setup I think.

• Advertisement

Cheers,gonna need to make an effort to keep it neat,wanna add a second 7950 next year and get a 1440p monitor.

Cheers for that,couldn seem to get them to display:(

Ye id like to see how yours is setup,im sure theres plenty of people here who would:D

Yeah I'll probably grab a second 7970 and a 1440p monitor next year as well. That would be pushing my old Corsair 620W HX to it's limits though.

Ah it's nothing special compared to some of the rigs up here but it's tidy and I like it.

Considering I was only going to upgrade my graphics card I managed to do a full upgrade for only €500 after selling the old parts.

Ye some of the work that goes into the stuff up on here,crazy amount of hours and dedication id say. Looks amazing though,watching viperirl's rig come together in this thread over the last few weeks has been an eyeopener,it looks so neat!
    Feel like a troll posting mine:pac:

Nice,new board and cpu aswell?

EDIT: Ye i just upgraded from a superflower 650W to the one you saw in the pics above,you actually reccomended it to me.
    It was worth it for the packaging alone,the psu came in its own velur bag and everything,all sorts in the box with it. Has a real quality feel and fan doesnt even spin most of the time:)

Yeah there's a lot of great builds up here. It's good to see. Vipers just taking the piss and making the rest of us look bad though :)

I have the Asrock z77 pro4 so no proper pcie 8-8. I'll look into the performance loss on crossfire 4x but it's supposed to be only about 10% which I could live with. I have no intentions of upgrading my 3570k for at least 3 years.

BloodBath wrote: »
    Vipers just taking the piss and making the rest of us look bad though :)

Ha,it looks like something NASA would build:pac:

marco_polo linked an article from behardware about the pci slot speed for me in a thread,can grab the link if you want.

Think worked out anywhere between 5-15% performance hit on Pro 4 for my card but maybe your 7970 it could be more

Edit: http://www.behardware.com/art/imprimer/850/

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Portlawslim

Recurve360 wrote: »

Just ordered it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

ok so here is my rig, also i just upgraded from the NZXT M59 case to the huge!!!!! Corsair 800d and my gear looks lost in it. it has kind of forced me to look down the road at water cooling.

IMG_0875_zpsb9b6db0c.jpg
    IMG_0876_zps7494d8cd.jpg
    IMG_0877_zps408d260d.jpg
    IMG_0878_zpscef6b506.jpg
    IMG_0879_zps00a9a486.jpg
    IMG_0880_zpsa4f51c5f.jpg
    specs
    case - Corsair 800d
    motherboard - Gigabyte GA-990fxa-ud3
    CPU - amd fx 6100 am3+ 3.3GHz 6 core
    CPU Cooler - Antec kuhler box
    GPU - Radeon 6850 1gb
    RAM - 8gb Gskill Ripjaw (black)
    PSU - super flower 650w

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

Here's mine. consists of:
    HP Pavillion dv5 laptop (minus it's broken screen, gift from a relative who gave up on it)
    250GB hdd, 4GB ram
    AMD Turion dual core processor
    Dell 15" screen (second hand too)
    120GB 3.5" HDD (second hand) in a dock connected by eSATA
    Raspberry Pi (the small red box under the monitor, headless accessed via TightVNC and ssh) used for sharing a Canon printer on my home network and downloading/seeding torrents (of Linux iso images)
    New Link 4 port usb hub (to power the Pi and give extra usb connections to the laptop)
    Netgear cable router.

The HP was running Windows Vista Home Premium, but I wiped that. Now it multiboots five different Linux OS, ever changing but basically Debian/Mint with CrunchBang.
    We also have another laptop (Acer Aspire) dual booting Win Vista/Linux Mint 15 and a Versus Android tablet on the network, and a Foxsat HDR Freesat pvr from which we stream recordings to other rooms.
    Only the tablet is new, the other two are 2008 laptops - old but very functional. I cannot see any use for Windows now other than for iTunes for my wife's iPod.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Nothing compared to some of the amazing builds in here but for my second build I'm very happy with it :)
    MoYTrqo.jpg
    ErRFmVi.jpg
    bi52Oel.jpg
    kNy83qV.jpg
    7iuYfw2.jpg

That cpu cooler is a tight fit :)

You could really do with adding some case fans to that. They are great looking cases but 1 small exhaust fan that is stuck to the cpu cooler isn't going to cut it. You should add 3-4 more case fans.

• Advertisement

Agreed. Grab a couple of 120s and stick them in the front, if only to have positive pressure in the case, not to mention feeding your GPU some fresh air.

Yup, organising 2 more 120mm fans for the front since a friend is ordering off overclockers in a week.
    Damn straight it is a tight fit! I was putting it in going, "Oh dear sweet jesus, this isn't going to fit is it". There is probably less than a millimeter between it and the cooler. Wouldn't have been the worst thing to remove the case fan but since it fits it works really well to drag air with the cooler fan. Makes it almost work like a two fan cooler.

Only problem I have now is the DVD drive. I made a complete oversight and ordered a black faced one instead of a white faced one. Gonna see if I can't spray paint it with some matte white paint to make it look right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Xenoronin wrote: »
    Yup, organising 2 more 120mm fans for the front since a friend is ordering off overclockers in a week.
    Damn straight it is a tight fit! I was putting it in going, "Oh dear sweet jesus, this isn't going to fit is it". There is probably less than a millimeter between it and the cooler. Wouldn't have been the worst thing to remove the case fan but since it fits it works really well to drag air with the cooler fan. Makes it almost work like a two fan cooler.

Only problem I have now is the DVD drive. I made a complete oversight and ordered a black faced one instead of a white faced one. Gonna see if I can't spray paint it with some matte white paint to make it look right.

Could you do a mod with one of the drive bay covers and your dvd drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Here's what you need to fix your dvd drive problems: Overclockers - BitFenix Optical Drive Bay Stealth Cover - White. I was in England for Christmas and called into the Overclockers shop. It was handy to go there without the expensive postage costs!

And the Macho is a bitch of a cooler to fit into a Shinobi, I sliced open my finger fitting mine. In a years time (when I graduate) I'll be upgrading to Cooler Master V8 CPU Cooler or maybe Corsair Hydro H110 280mm.

Here's what you need to fix your dvd drive problems: Overclockers - BitFenix Optical Drive Bay Stealth Cover - White. I was in England for Christmas and called into the Overclockers shop. It was handy to go there without the expensive postage costs!

And the Macho is a bitch of a cooler to fit into a Shinobi, I sliced open my finger fitting mine. In a years time (when I graduate) I'll be upgrading to Cooler Master V8 CPU Cooler or maybe Corsair Hydro H110 280mm.

Cheers for the advice :) That cover looks perfect. Pity it isn't in stock at the moment but I'll look around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Cheers for the advice :) That cover looks perfect. Pity it isn't in stock at the moment but I'll look around.

I cant speak to the white version but in the black version its an ever so slightly different shade of black to the original case. You can see it if your room is well lit but its not really noticeable unless you're looking for it. For the price though its a great gimmick to finish the look :)

Had a brainwave last night. Gonna make a simple mod to the white cover i removed by getting a slot cut in it (uncle is a precision metal/plastic tool/piece maker). Since the reason I bought this PC was because my laptop died, the slot loading dvd drive is free to take. Should look great if it works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

I built a PC for my brother in 2011 (600T, SLI 580's, i5 2500K) but have been making do with a 2005 Vintage Dell XPS. With the heatwave this summer I just couldn't take the heat and noise of the thing anymore. Its like running a fan heater in my room all year round. Handy in the Winter but oppressive in the Summer. So anyway, I converted our least used XBMC machine (Arctic MC001 Atom D525 with AMD GPU) to a Win7 machine with the addition of more ram and an old Laptop HDD. Got the silence I wanted and no heat output but would like more power. That said it plays 1080P Youtube vids perfectly.

So I decided to bite the bullet and order something more powerful to tide me over till I can afford a custom case Overclocked watercooled I am planning for next year. I fear the Atom would run out of puff once I hook up the 21:9 ratio LG monitor that just arrived on my doorstep.

Heres what I ordered:

Intel Core i5-4570T 2900 1150 TRAY
    MSI H87I, ITX, Sockel 1150
    8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile blau PC3-12800U CL10-10-10-27
    HGST Travelstar 7K1000 1TB 7200 U/min
    Kingston SSD V300 120GB SATA III
    Antec ISK 110 VESA Series Mini ITX case black
    Noctua NH-L9i CPU Cooler for Socket 1155/1156

€607

I'll go quad Core i5 for the custom case rig next year and could have managed it in this build but would have needed a 160W PICO PSU @ €130 instead of the 90W PSU supllied with the Antec case. Decided to save the money because until next year I don't need the performance. In saying that, the dual-core HT 2.9-3.6 i5 4570T is no slouch. Its only 35W TDP though :D If I de-lid it I'd probably be able to run it with the noctua fan barely running at all. Should be virtually silent.

On does pay a premium for a small form factor but I went this way because although bigger than the other 'tide me over' options on my shortlist, ie i5 Gigabyte Brix/ Zbox Nano ID64 etc I am getting more performance for less money. When I build my own custom PC next year, this PC will be given to another brother and VESA mounted on the back of my 16:9 1080P LG that I just gave him :D

Will post build pics when I get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Reports are coming out of cracked Haswell dies at random times after delids, killing the chip. I haven't had a chance to look into it yet, but I would if I were to embark on a potentially ill-fated venture ;)

• Advertisement

Calibos wrote: »
    In saying that, the dual-core HT 2.9-3.6 i5 4570T is no slouch.

Intel's naming schemes really piss me off at times.

4570: 4 cores, 4 threads, 84W
    4570S: 4 cores, 4 threads, 65W
    4570T: 2 cores, 4 threads, 35W

That T should be an i3, and that S just confuses everything.

Very nice machine though. Silence is golden. :)

You'd wonder why the dies would be cracking though. Not a whole lot has changed. Maybe slightly more pressure from the lack of glue securing the IHS, but that's about it. Given the margins Intel uses with stock voltage, you'd imagine they'd extend the same cautious philosophy to their chips' pressure tolerances.

Advertisement