Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

game4it70 wrote: »
    I've heard of paying an arm and a leg for something but a finger.... :P

Nice gear but why 2 mice?
    I was waiting for that as just noticed it after I put the pic up :). I want a spare death adder for when I over use the main one (absolutely love the mouse). The naga I was one of the ones who liked it on facebook so taught it would be only right to pick one up. Might pick another up just to show my support that they are supporting lefties :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

RossieMan wrote: »
    in fairness he's only been here 3 years. :rolleyes:

Just to let you know, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. I made a mistake and dont mind being corrected so I dont do it again but would rather someone explain where I went wrong than just createing posts like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 blades.ofglory

Well I decided to come back to the site, as I realise some of my colleagues on here will miss me. I don't however appreciate people calling me a "Liar"

I think we need to put our differences aside and continue with our building & Upgrading advice.

Note: Those of you who believe I'm talking BS about my rig ill be posting pictures later. People work dame fecking hard in order to purchase the luxury's in life they have, and I decided to build myself an expensive rig. I'n regards to my work personally if you don't believe me I honestly wont be loosing any sleep but I would appreciate some form of trust, as we are all on here for the same reason we all enjoy building Computers, overclocking and troubleshooting techniques.

ATB
    Blades

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Well I decided to come back to the site, as I realise some of my colleagues on here will miss me. I don't however appreciate people calling me a "Liar"

I think we need to put our differences aside and continue with our building & Upgrading advice.

Note: Those of you who believe I'm talking BS about my rig ill be posting pictures later. People work dame fecking hard in order to purchase the luxury's in life they have, and I decided to build myself an expensive rig. I'n regards to my work personally if you don't believe me I honestly wont be loosing any sleep but I would appreciate some form of trust, as we are all on here for the same reason we all enjoy building Computers, overclocking and troubleshooting techniques.

ATB
    Blades

I think the main problem people seem to have with you is your lack of interpersonal skills (As someone else said, keyboard warrior). Learn to not be rude, offer sound advice, and people might grow to appreciate you. That, and your arrogance.

This is not meant to be an attack you - More so constructive criticism. I won't be going out of my way to undermine you in any way during our time together here.

Danger781 wrote: »
    I think the main problem people seem to have with you is your lack of interpersonal skills (As someone else said, keyboard warrior). Learn to not be rude, offer sound advice, and people might grow to appreciate you. That, and your arrogance.

This is not meant to be an attack you - More so constructive criticism. I won't be going out of my way to undermine you in any way during our time together here.

Well I do appreciate the feedback, Ill work on the Interpersonal skills, or lack thereof

ATB
    Blades

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I call custard. To be proved wrong would be awesome.

I call custard. To be proved wrong would be awesome.

wait and see, I'l be a reformed character.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

I'm all for people proving other people wrong..
    ?bb_attachments=760031&bbat=85871&inline

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

NTMK wrote: »
    since i got a camera thats not a potato here's some better pics of my pc

What keyboard are you using there?
    Very nice setup :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Digy123 wrote: »
    NTMK wrote: »
    since i got a camera thats not a potato here's some better pics of my pc

What keyboard are you using there?
    Very nice setup :)

thanks its as about as much as i can do with my limited desk space:)

the Keyboard is a Logitech G710+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

It's about time I stuck up a few pics of my new build!

20130730_214029[1].jpg
    The package arrives!

20130731_212333.jpg
    Let the build begin!

20130731_212346.jpg
    Let the cable managment continue! (And fail!!)

20130823_100742.jpg
    All set up!!!

20130823_100751.jpg
    (Bonus Lego collection!!)

P.S.
    How do I get the images to display on the thread??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

It's about time I stuck up a few pics of my new build!

20130730_214029[1].jpg
    The package arrives!

20130731_212333.jpg
    Let the build begin!

20130731_212346.jpg
    Let the cable managment continue! (And fail!!)

20130823_100742.jpg
    All set up!!!

20130823_100751.jpg
    (Bonus Lego collection!!)

P.S.
    How do I get the images to display on the thread??

Nice build. :) I'd take out the middle cage for better airflow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Really nice build. How are you finding all of the parts?

Is that the cm mechanical keyboard? Did you manage to get it while it was still €60?

Use the insert image option at the top of the reply box.

I don't think the cages in the antiphon are removeable are they?

So I did promise Ill post pictures, so please find attached, I haven't properly connected the chiller yet just ran a few tests for my temperatures, waiting to receive my other 2 gpu blocks for my other cards, So hopefully next week Ill post some pictures of the full complete build as I have eraser pads ordered for protection against condensation along with condensation tubing, even though Ill never be running anywhere near freezing point.

Spec at this very moment,

2 x GTX TITAN FREQUENCY CLOCK @ 1200MHZ,
    CORE I73970X FREQUENCY CLOCK @ 4.7GHZ
    32 Corsair Dominator PLat @ 2000mhz
    4 X Geforce Extreme 128GB SSD RAID 0 , LSI Controller
    Asrock Extreme 11
    Corsair AX1200I
    Silver-stone TJ11 - CASE

NOTE: the fan is only on the mobo for a temp solution unit I have installed all cards,

ATB
    Blades

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

Where are the Titans?

Where are the Titans?

Only 2 are in the rig at the moment, as I haven't got the WB's yet

Should have them next Tuesday

So it wont be complete until next week, as I need to disconnect all the WC etc for new tubing and chiller,

BloodBath wrote: »
    Really nice build. How are you finding all of the parts?

Is that the cm mechanical keyboard? Did you manage to get it while it was still €60?

Use the insert image option at the top of the reply box.

I don't think the cages in the antiphon are removeable are they?

All the parts are great! They only bit of hassle I had was mounting the cpu cooler and the spare sata cable I got was also a wee bit short. I'll definitely get a longer one the next time! I only have a small overclock on the gpu at 1125hz.

Yep I got the keyboard before I got the rest of the parts.

I can't actually remove the cage as the ssd is mounted in it.

I also can't recommend a monitor bracket highly enough! That stand is so wonky!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I can't actually remove the cage as the ssd is mounted in it.

Can you remove the cage at all? Because, you could mount the SSD anywhere. It doesn't have to be in the bay.

Can you remove the cage at all? Because, you could mount the SSD anywhere. It doesn't have to be in the bay.

Good point, I may have a look!

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭segasega

2013-08-30 21.10.08.jpg

Antec One
    AMD A10-5800K
    ASRock FM2A75 Pro4-M
    Corsair 8GB Vengeance
    120GB Samsung SSD 840 Series
    WD 1TB Blue
    Corsair 430W

LG 24EA53VQ 24"
    Microsoft SideWinder X4 - Keyboard
    Mionix Naos 3200

Dell Inspiron mini 1012

Can of Prazsky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭segasega

segasega wrote: »
    2013-08-30 21.10.08.jpg

Antec One
    AMD A10-5800K
    ASRock FM2A75 Pro4-M
    Corsair 8GB Vengeance
    120GB Samsung SSD 840 Series
    WD 1TB Blue
    Corsair 430W

LG 24EA53VQ 24"
    Microsoft SideWinder X4 - Keyboard
    Mionix Naos 3200

Dell Inspiron mini 1012

Can of Prazsky

Getting a 250GB for the desktop next week and popping the 120 in the net book.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Portlawslim

Only 2 are in the rig at the moment, as I haven't got the WB's yet

Should have them next Tuesday

So it wont be complete until next week, as I need to disconnect all the WC etc for new tubing and chiller,

Wow...some build
    A little cheeky but would you mind telling us the total cost of your build just so I can go get sick in the corner?

Wow...some build
    A little cheeky but would you mind telling us the total cost of your build just so I can go get sick in the corner?

That's something I don't want to think about, ha

It would just be shy of 5 figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

After watching you guys for the last 5 years, while I sat on my ass, I decided to do a project of my own. Its a desk mod and nowhere near finshed, but I said I would share a teaser as such. Incidently the desk started as http://www.adverts.ie/furniture/glass-and-chrome-table/2540969

[IMG][/img]9639458330_9993404599_o.jpg
    Start by akaIshur, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

I'm not sure if this thread is supposed to be a competition but I think you win

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this thread is supposed to be a competition but I think you win

Were all here for the same reason, no competition at all, just about sharing builds and experience.

That's my belief anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

Class build. How many fans have you got running?

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

Class build. How many fans have you got running?

11 x Akasa Apache Black PWM

Its very quiet, and will get quieter when I finish the intake and outlet. Also plan on going watercooled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Aka Ishur wrote: »
    11 x Akasa Apache Black PWM

Its very quiet, and will get quieter when I finish the intake and outlet. Also plan on going watercooled.

Good plan as would be a shame to waste all the space and glass to show it off. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Cool desk but I can't believe I'm the first to notice the Leap Motion!! How's that working out? Cool in theory but meh in practice or OMG this is the user interface of the future!?

[edit] ohh ohh, just noticed the Qnix. Glossy or matt? How's that working out for you? Thinking of getting one from accessorieswhole myself.

Advertisement