Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

Calibos wrote: »
    Cool desk but I can't believe I'm the first to notice the Leap Motion!! How's that working out? Cool in theory but meh in practice or OMG this is the user interface of the future!?

[edit] ohh ohh, just noticed the Qnix. Glossy or matt? How's that working out for you? Thinking of getting one from accessorieswhole myself.

Personally I love it. It needs time to get used to, but I use it for a whole lot of stuff for browsing online to media to some of the games made for it, plus its very cool to turn on or unlock the pc simply by holding my hand for a second over the leap. I am waiting for someone to come up with some gesture shortcuts.

As for the Qnix i got it pixel perfect from accessorieswhole in matt, beautiful screen and well you can see the difference between that and the lcd beside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Really nice desk/pc. How long did it take to make?

I called the leap motion out early. It's nothing but a gimmick.

If a control system is worse than current systems then it's doomed. The leap motion is worse for practically every task compared to a mouse.

All their marketing and hype means nothing. Gamers won't use it, artists won't use it. Developers won't even bother developing for it as it's not going to sell many units.

Show me 1 single program that improves on current control methods using it or that you won't get tired/sick of using after 10 minutes.

I'm being pretty cynical but there are lot's of other emergent technologies that are far better and deserve people's attention more than this.

BloodBath wrote: »
    Really nice desk/pc. How long did it take to make?

I called the leap motion out early. It's nothing but a gimmick.

If a control system is worse than current systems then it's doomed. The leap motion is worse for practically every task compared to a mouse.

All their marketing and hype means nothing. Gamers won't use it, artists won't use it. Developers won't even bother developing for it as it's not going to sell many units.

Show me 1 single program that improves on current control methods using it or that you won't get tired/sick of using after 10 minutes.

I'm being pretty cynical but there are lot's of other emergent technologies that are far better and deserve people's attention more than this.

The desk was actually real quick. Once the cuts were done I used 'No more nails' to hold it together then put in a few screws. Paintng took about 10 days.

You are right in many respects about the leap, but I never took it as a replacement for the mouse. It was never going to be as accurate. I like for just lazy scrolling mostly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

I think it might find a better home as an interface for something like xbmc but even at that, a hacked kinect2 under the tv might be a better solution than a leap on the arm of the couch with a cable running to the equipment cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Aka Ishur,That is one of the coolest things I have ever seen,Brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Aka Ishur wrote: »
    After watching you guys for the last 5 years, while I sat on my ass, I decided to do a project of my own. Its a desk mod and nowhere near finshed, but I said I would share a teaser as such. Incidently the desk started as http://www.adverts.ie/furniture/glass-and-chrome-table/2540969
    You might like to see this if you want some inspiration :)
    http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=44020&page=20
    I've been keeping an eye on this and a few others for a while.

deceit wrote: »
    You might like to see this if you want some inspiration :)
    http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=44020&page=20
    I've been keeping an eye on this and a few others for a while.

Beautiful work. I think his skills, tools and materials are a big step up from myself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Recurve360

Aka Ishur wrote: »
    After watching you guys for the last 5 years, while I sat on my ass, I decided to do a project of my own. Its a desk mod and nowhere near finshed, but I said I would share a teaser as such. Incidently the desk started as http://www.adverts.ie/furniture/glass-and-chrome-table/2540969

Start by akaIshur, on Flickr[/IMG]

Have to say thats awesome looking, always liked deskmods. Great contrast out of the Qnix also, how do you find it? Thinking of investing in the future :)

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭dark_jedi_ire

1box.jpg
    inv9.jpg
    sw4x.jpg
    jf8w.jpg
    92y8.jpg
    ljja.jpg

Setup:
    8GB-Kit G.Skill Ares PC3-12800U CL9-9-9-24
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - Intel/AMD
    Samsung SSD 840 120GB SATA 6Gb/s
    2TB Storage Drives
    CPU-I5 4670K
    Motherboard-MSI Z87-G45-GAMING
    PSU XFX ProSeries (XXX Edition) 750W Power Supply Unit
    GPU Currently 1 xfx Radeon 6870
    (just got a second - second hand, and crossfire Bridge and awaiting delivery)
    All I can afford for a While.
    Plans are also afoot for a 27inch Qnix Monitor
    Case Zalman z9

Cable management still needs some cleanup but just waiting for the second Card to
    arrive before I finish up

Have been playing with the GPU overclocking and getting some nice Results, Have still
    to start overclocking the Main PC, as soon as I get some time

Thanks to Monotype and Bloodbath for all the info and Advice on helping pick the Build, am really happy with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

That's a very nice case actually. I like the temperature thing on the front. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Portlawslim

Setup:
    8GB-Kit G.Skill Ares PC3-12800U CL9-9-9-24
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - Intel/AMD
    Samsung SSD 840 120GB SATA 6Gb/s
    2TB Storage Drives
    CPU-I5 4670K
    Motherboard-MSI Z87-G45-GAMING
    PSU XFX ProSeries (XXX Edition) 750W Power Supply Unit
    GPU Currently 1 xfx Radeon 6870
    (just got a second - second hand, and crossfire Bridge and awaiting delivery)
    All I can afford for a While.
    Plans are also afoot for a 27inch Qnix Monitor
    Case Zalman z9

Cable management still needs some cleanup but just waiting for the second Card to
    arrive before I finish up

Have been playing with the GPU overclocking and getting some nice Results, Have still
    to start overclocking the Main PC, as soon as I get some time

Thanks to Monotype and Bloodbath for all the info and Advice on helping pick the Build, am really happy with this.

Make sure to stick up a few photos when you get your crossfire set up:)
    Nice build

thanks ..
    Will do,, Crossfire is working well, Just now Waiting on the Qnix monitor to arrive :-)

Crossfire image as requested
    fxbm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Portlawslim

Crossfire image as requested
    [SNIP]
    Didn't know you could crossfire the same gpu's by different manufacturers..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Didn't know you could crossfire the same gpu's by different manufacturers..:)

Pretty sure you can xfire from the same family. That is to say any 2 of the 7xxx series can be put in xfire.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Cards from the same series, but bear in mind the faster cards speed will be throttled to match the slower cards speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

there both Xfx HD 6870`s
    Why the cases are different are beyond me,

And They crossfire perfectly well :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

My first pc build.http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=85715019
    Always wanted to build my own pc really enjoyed building it and learning more about how it all works.Just wanted to say special thanks to BloodBath for listing all the parts and recommendations and to everyone for taking the time to help me.Thanks.

Build pics.(Sorry for bad quality.)
    <iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/bC32G/embed"></iframe> Tried my best on cable management,had to redo it because the back panel wouldnt close right.Im going try to improve the cable management.

Specs:
    Intel Xeon E3-1230v2, boxed, LGA1155
    8GB-Kit A-DATA XPG G Series PC1600 CL9
    ASRock B75 Pro3, Sockel 1155, ATX
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 WindForce 3X OC, 2G
    be quiet! SYSTEM POWER 7 500W
    WD Caviar Blue 1TB 6Gb's(storage)
    Intel 520 series 240gb ssd(games)Already had this ssd.
    Samsung SSD 840 120GB SATA 6Gb/s (boot drive)
    LiteOn iHAS124-04 schwarz SATA
    Nanoxia deep silence one
    coolermaster hyper 212 evo
    LogiLink USB 2.0 all-in-one Card Reader
    Windows 7 home premium 64 bit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

When putting the back panel back on, lay the case on its side then do it. You'll find it much easier close the lid that way. I actually think you did a excellent job with your cable management.

• Advertisement

New fans for the H80, and emptied 1.5 cans of compressed air into it-sleeved cables are a bitch for gathering dust, so I said I'd post these :)

IMAG0086.jpg

IMAG0087.jpg

IMAG0094.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

glynf wrote: »
    New fans for the H80, and emptied 1.5 cans of compressed air into it-sleeved cables are a bitch for gathering dust, so I said I'd post these :)
    Very neat and tidy build!

Sorry but the sli bridge takes the good look off the build :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

very nice ^^^^^^^^^

game4it70 wrote: »
    Very neat and tidy build!

Sorry but the sli bridge takes the good look off the build :(

Yea, on the look out for a black bridge. The old PC hardware upgrade fund is at a low though, so it'll do for now.

Yea, on the look out for a black bridge. The old PC hardware upgrade fund is at a low though, so it'll do for now.

I gave a few away but i'll have a look later if i've any left you can have one.

Deadly, that would be great-PM me your paypal details and what you want to cover. many thanks.

Deadly, that would be great-PM me your paypal details and what you want to cover. many thanks.

Lol you can have it for nothing i wasn't trying to sell it to you :P

Will pm you in a few mins.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 148 ✭✭bezerk

Anyone know where to get some clear plastic perspex. Want to take my metal cutter to my case and get some funky LED's.

• Advertisement

bezerk wrote: »
    Anyone know where to get some clear plastic perspex. Want to take my metal cutter to my case and get some funky LED's.

http://chilledpc.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/category&path=59_70

Advertisement