Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Portlawslim

game4it70 wrote: »
    I gave a few away but i'll have a look later if i've any left you can have one.
    Any chance you might have a black Crossfire bridge....:o
    I'll have my second 7950 at the end of the month :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

I dont think so sorry.
    My z87 gd65-gaming mobo which is sli/crossfire compatible didn't come with a crossfire bridge.Wtf Msi? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Black crossfire bridges only come with ROG gear and usually sell for about 20 on ebay last I checked so you might find it hard to source one.

deceit wrote: »
    Black crossfire bridges only come with ROG gear and usually sell for about 20 on ebay last I checked so you might find it hard to source one.

Looks like I'll have to get the black marker out again...
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057005465/1/#post85789135

Got my 2nd 7950 :D

[IMG][/img]DSCN2646.jpg

[IMG][/img]DSCN2644.jpg

[IMG][/img]DSCN2655.jpg

[IMG][/img]DSCN2660.jpg

[IMG][/img]DSCN2662.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Very nice, hows airflow for the top card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Looks like I'll have to get the black marker out again...
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057005465/1/#post85789135

Coldzero make custom SLi/Crossfire bridges

glynf wrote: »
    Very nice, hows airflow for the top card?
    Top card is running a little hotter but playing BF3 on ultra and it maxed at 65c so not to bad:)
    Next investment is a new mobo:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Nice, the VaporXs have good cooling. Do you have them overclocked at all? How about the VRM temperatures? The VRMs are components located on the board which regulate the voltage supplied to the core, etc. and get very hot. Some 7950s have sensors on these.

GPUz can pik up on these sensors and give you readings on them and I'm wondering how well the VaporXs VRMs are cooled :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I think that problem with vrm temps was with a previous revision of the card,those had a 8 and 6 pin pci power connections. The newer revisions have two 8 pin connecters and the vrm temps are fine. Ive mine over clocked to 1100/1500 on core and memory and the vrms max temp is 68C on vrm 1, 67C on vrm 2. Core max is 62C. I wanna get a second card aswell, id love to see some temps for overclocks in crossfire. I was hoping to get 1050/1400 out of each card in crossfire. If I set single card at the moment to those clocks I get a max temp of of about 55C so was thinking that might leave enough thermal headroom to add the second card at the same clocks.

Nice looking build man, I dont think the crossfire bridge looks too bad either!!

• Advertisement

I had the single 7950 oc'd but i haven't attempted to oc the xfire set up yet. But I will just had a hectic weekend so i'll probably get to it this week.
    On the Crossfire bridge...my son told my he'd give me a punch:eek: if i took the black marker to it:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Here's my latest build, built it pretty much solely on the basis of wanting usb 3.0 front headers, originally began life as a case change, ended up buying a 970 and Fx6300 out of curiosity, decided to stick with them! Had so much grief with the 970 Extreme that I almost snapped it across my knee in a blind nerd rage, but I got there eventually and everything seems to be working as it should. Now to overclock that Fx6300 to within an inch of its life. I'm leaving behind a 2500k and 7950, gone but not forgotten....

273994.jpg

273995.jpg

273996.jpg

273997.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Nice. I don't think you will get too far with overclocking on a 970 extreme though. It only has 4+1 power phases.

It might get you to 4.5ghz if you're lucky.

Lucky's my middle name :cool:

Austin_Danger_Powers_Mike_Myers.jpg

Actually, in honesty, luck is most certainly not my middle name. The issues I've had with this board are unreal.

poker+face.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Did you draw that?^^

You should have been an artist,not messing around with PC's........:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

BloodBath wrote: »
    Nice. I don't think you will get too far with overclocking on a 970 extreme though. It only has 4+1 power phases.

It might get you to 4.5ghz if you're lucky.

It's not only the board, it's also the air cooling unfortunately. Above 4.5Ghz these chips require much higher volts and generate tons of heat. Even on m5a99fx pro2.0 and silverarrow it's a pain in the arse to get stable on 4.6Ghz, still questioning if it's even worth it. Might be a bad batch for me tho, who knows...(8350)
    Maybe proper bus OC could yield better results.

Well the 8350 has an extra core so it's reasonable to assume it generates around 30% more heat than the 6300.

You could probably get a 6300 to 5ghz with that cooler and board.

LL

LL

LL

LL

LL

LL

LL

Some up to date shots of the setup. Hopefully adding a Dell 2713 this week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Keimps

Hey guys,

So after some great help and advise from you guys (especially from Bloodbath & Monotype, thanks a lot guys!), I finally did manage to order my PC, in parts, and will now be building my very first PC :)

Monitor and speakers are on its way (amazon).
    All the parts from Hardwareversand are on their way and UPS gave me the expected delivery for this Friday :)

Today I already got my first part, which was the case. So I'm getting excited already haha.
    It does look huge... never expected it to be such a big case (although I knew I bought a full tower lol).

So here it is anyway.

If all goes well I will be building my system on Friday night or Saturday :D

52ts.jpg

6om6.jpg

z0x3.jpg

0n1s.jpg

fx5h.jpg

thqp.jpg

5nzn.jpg

• Advertisement

The 530 is growing on me after seeing it in a few builds. Good luck with the build man !

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ChoppersX

http://imgur.com/a/h1WvW

Finally getting round to posting these just installed a new back plate for the 770, so thought I'd take a few pics while I was at it. Will be getting a new mechanical keyboard and a 1440 monitor in the next couple of weeks.

PC Specs
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    MSI Z87 G45 Gaming
    Intel i7-4770k @4.5ghz
    16GB G-Skill Sniper 1866
    Corsair H100i(Push/Pull Config)
    Corsair HX750 Power Supply
    EVGA GTX 770 ACX/SC
    Samsung 840 120gb SSd(Windows), Samsung 840 250GB(Programs and Games), 1TB WD Blue(Media Files/Back up)
    3 x Enermax Silent Fans

Thanks again Bloodbath for the help the case is super quiet and I couldn't be happier, the missus thinks it looks like a fridge lol The only problem I have had with it is running cabling around the back can be little bit tight, so had to run it to the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Keimps

Very nice man, looks good.

How is the h100i?

I haven't decided yet what cpu cooling I will get when I want to overclock in 1 or 2 months (money is all spent for this month lol :P)

Having doubts between watercooling (h100i or kraken x60) and air cooling Havik 140 or Noctua D14

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

ChoppersX wrote: »
    http://imgur.com/a/h1WvW

Finally getting round to posting these just installed a new back plate for the 770, so thought I'd take a few pics while I was at it. Will be getting a new mechanical keyboard and a 1440 monitor in the next couple of weeks.

PC Specs
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    MSI Z87 G45 Gaming
    Intel i7-4770k @4.5ghz
    16GB G-Skill Sniper 1866
    Corsair H100i(Push/Pull Config)
    Corsair HX750 Power Supply
    EVGA GTX 770 ACX/SC
    Samsung 840 120gb SSd(Windows), Samsung 840 250GB(Programs and Games), 1TB WD Blue(Media Files/Back up)
    3 x Enermax Silent Fans

Thanks again Bloodbath for the help the case is super quiet and I couldn't be happier, the missus thinks it looks like a fridge lol The only problem I have had with it is running cabling around the back can be little bit tight, so had to run it to the side.

Lovely now go down to Ikea and get the €25 desk so you can enjoy your rig :) Its a bit cramped there!

Edit: Like this Ikea desk €25 in white or this Ikea desk €30 but looks better in birch. They are a bit light but very sturdy.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yeah, we need to add another question to the list:
    11. Is your desk wider than 14", do you need a new one? If so what kind?

No point having super framerates if you cant move your mouse enough to hit anything.

@ChoppersX

Very nice man. Nice work. How are the load temps on the 4770k with the H100i in push/pull? Have you overclocked it at all yet?

If you're going to go with dual graphics cards down the line I'd consider moving the H100i to the top of the case even if you can't do push/pull there.

Damn Msi making their boards look black in the photos. They are also brown like Asrocks under strong light.

Definitely get a new desk and maybe a new mouse :)

-Edit- Also are you sure those Enermax fans are facing the right way? Fans usually blow in the direction of their label/logo.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ChoppersX

Keimps wrote: »
    Very nice man, looks good.

How is the h100i?

I haven't decided yet what cpu cooling I will get when I want to overclock in 1 or 2 months (money is all spent for this month lol :P)

Having doubts between watercooling (h100i or kraken x60) and air cooling Havik 140 or Noctua D14

The H100i is great, temperatures on my pc at idle range from 27 to 31c and at full load max at around 63c. I have two overclocking profiles setup on my motherboard one at 4.4ghz with 1.14v and the other 4.5ghz with 1.17v. This where my problem lies with the H100i: the stock fans are very loud once you have them set past 1300rpm if I'm running at the 4.5ghz overclock I need to set the fan profiles to a higher rpm to keep temperatures on the cool side, so I usually stick with the quieter 4.4ghz with 1250rpm... Would probably be worth your while to invest in come Corsair Sp's to replace the stock fans.
    Lovely now go down to Ikea and get the €25 desk so you can enjoy your rig :) Its a bit cramped there!

Edit: Like this Ikea desk €25 in white or this Ikea desk €30 but looks better in birch. They are a bit light but very sturdy.

Totally agree... currently renovating so it is on the to do list, as a temporary fix I have a small waist high table that I usually rest my keyboard and mouse on, very comfortable when gaming or doing work... but I miss sitting at the desk, the case was meant to fit at the bottom :( will definitely invest in something similar to what you suggested with a couple of shelves underneath as well.
    ED E wrote: »
    Yeah, we need to add another question to the list:

No point having super framerates if you cant move your mouse enough to hit anything.

Agree but sometimes you just want to buy the ferrari without checking if it will fit in your driveway first lol
    Very nice man. Nice work. How are the load temps on the 4770k with the H100i in push/pull? Have you overclocked it at all yet?

I messed around with the overclocking for a day or two, that is probably one of the things I've like most about the BIOS/UEFI of the MSI motherboard is how simple and attainable a really good/stable overclock was, adaptive voltage also pretty handy if you set a value slightly lower than what is required by the CPU... there are plenty of vids by Tech Yes City on youtube that helped when overclocking on this motherboard.

When I first installed the h100, I had it mounted at the top with a 4.4ghz overclock and after running for 6 hours on Aida64 I was getting full load temps of 72c-75c around 35c at idle. By moving it to the front in the push/pull config and applying some artic silver thermal paste it now runs as follows... at full and idle loads

HW Monitor
    ANpNv7E.jpg

Real Temps
    ldl0MMj.jpg

CPU-Z
    tm6zav5.jpg
    If you're going to go with dual graphics cards down the line I'd consider moving the H100i to the top of the case even if you can't do push/pull there.

I have a a 140m in take fan at the side with around 2.5" room between it and the graphics card so sli in the future should be no problem with the current config, graphics card runs around 27c-33c at idle so that fan definitely helps with the cooling of the graphics card.
    Damn Msi making their boards look black in the photos. They are also brown like Asrocks under strong light.
    Definitely get a new desk and maybe a new mouse
    -Edit- Also are you sure those Enermax fans are facing the right way? Fans usually blow in the direction of their label/logo.

Aesthetics wouldn't be the strongest point of the motherboard or the inside of the case for that matter... the brown pcb looks terrible, Desk as mentioned above. I have a sharkoon drakonia for gaming. The fans are facing in right direction, first thing I made sure of when installing them arrows on the side indicate what direction the air will flow through the fan, the label on the front with the enermax can throw some people off but the blades are definitely sucking the air out of the case... when I raise the chimney on the case, you can feel the air flowing out, place a piece of paper next to them to test. I was baffled by these fans when I was installing because the enermax intake at the side is configured with the label facing front blowing air while the two at the top with the label facing front are in taking air. They are brilliant fans for the price, ultra quiet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Been doing some cleaning and tweaking today after replacing all the fans last week. I've still to do the cabling - it's a mess behind the MB tray. I'm going to get some nice white braided cables for the 24 pin and GPU power and get some heat shrink rap for the rest.

274669.JPG

274670.JPG

Specs:

i5-3570K @ 4.5Ghz @ 1.35v (I know, I know! :P)
    Z77 Sabertooth
    Sapphire 7950 950Mhz Edition @ 1100/1600
    16GB Samsung Green RAM @ 2000Mhz CL9 T1 (and some heat spreaders for the looks and lulz)
    Asus Xonar DX2 and Razer Tiamat 7.1
    128GB Samsung 830 Series SSD
    3 x Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB in RAID0
    Fans are all Corsair bar the binfenix intake, I've another Corsair on intake in the drivebay, inside a Coolermaster 4 in 3 drive bay yoke. Exhausts are rear and top through the H100.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

That looks awesome!

And that front fan is HUGE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Hey man, what voltage you need to get 1100 on that 7950? Also, can you push you memory any further than 1600? 1600 implies you have Hynix, and any 7950 959mhz ed I've seen with Hynix have managed 1800 plus on their memory. Also you can get a modded versio of Trixx with memory voltage control, I'm sure you could get 1800 plus with a minor (if any) voltage tweak.

Advertisement