Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Speaking as someone who's excited by the prospect of, hopefully, maybe, adding three 4TB Reds to his server in the near future, I'm... Somewhat jealous. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

My first build that I did yesterday, I know the cable management isn't great but im a newbie :p Proformes great, Can play BF4 on ultra at 1080p with 55-70 fps, Only thing Id change is the stock cooler on the fx 8350 is noisy as hell. Should I invest in a corsair h80i?

o58d.jpg

2e9a.jpg

pbfg.jpg

qavc.jpg

x9dr.jpg

vr4j.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Grab a Hyper 212/Macho HR02 and overclock that mofo to 4.5 plus ghz.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Yes. No point getting an expensive board if you aren't going to overclock.

If the macho fits that case I'd go with that. If not grab a 212 evo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I see you stuck with the 600w power supply insted of the 700w be quiet one. Id be careful if you decide to sli.

Nice build though, I have that case and founs cable management very hard. Thought the non windowed side panel left very little room at the back to tie the cables!!

• Advertisement

EoinHef wrote: »
    I see you stuck with the 600w power supply insted of the 700w be quiet one. Id be careful if you decide to sli.

Nice build though, I have that case and founs cable management very hard. Thought the non windowed side panel left very little room at the back to tie the cables!!

770s draw about 170watts under a gaming load, they're pretty efficient. He's probably going to be OK, but a 700w PSU would see have been a better choice.

Even that is pushing it tight unless he leaves the 8350 at stock speeds.

BloodBath wrote: »
    Even that is pushing it tight unless he leaves the 8350 at stock speeds.

Ah yes, I forgot about there being an 8350 being used. 700 watts should definitely have been got for SLI then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I doubt he will be going 770 sli any time soon when he has a new 760 installed.

Aye I was going to change the 600 watt for the 700 watt power supply but Amazon marked it as dispatched like 5 minutes before I was going to.. :L but it all works grand with the 600 watt. Im still waiting for the cooler master evo to come, I got it on ebay for 12 euro new so for now im using using the stock fan. Thanks for all the feed back :), Loving this new build :) performs great in ultra everything!

• Advertisement

killanena wrote: »
    Aye I was going to change the 600 watt for the 700 watt power supply but Amazon marked it as dispatched like 5 minutes before I was going to.. :L but it all works grand with the 600 watt. Im still waiting for the cooler master evo to come, I got it on ebay for 12 euro new so for now im using using the stock fan. Thanks for all the feed back :), Loving this new build :) performs great in ultra everything!

Good stuff :) Nice pick up on the Hyper 212 too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Glad your happy with the build man, I only mentioned the psu because in the build thread you said you were thinking of sli in the future.
    Loads of gpu power in that build anyway:)

EoinHef wrote: »
    Glad your happy with the build man, I only mentioned the psu because in the build thread you said you were thinking of sli in the future.
    Loads of gpu power in that build anyway:)

Yea its more then plenty for now :) In a year or two ill buy another 760 and a new psu :)

Cooler master eve cooler came today and I must say it is so much more quite. I can't hear a thing even while playing bf4 beta on ultra on a full 64 player server. I also have overclocked to 4.9 ghz and in the same conditions the cpu is only 51 C max! :)

e59l.jpg

izj3.jpg

Nice. That's with an 8350? I'm surprised you can get that high with it to be honest. Such a great cooler.

BloodBath wrote: »
    Nice. That's with an 8350? I'm surprised you can get that high with it to be honest. Such a great cooler.

It really is a legendary cooler :P. Such insane bang for buck. 8350 at 4.9 and Hyper 212.

What are your temps after 30 mins Priming?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

I find it hard to believe its trully stable. Whats your Vcore? Did you oc fsb, too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

raymix wrote: »
    I find it hard to believe its trully stable. Whats your Vcore? Did you oc fsb, too?
    I had an 8150 at 5ghz so I dont think it would be too difficult to imagine an 8350 at that clock?

1.46v, Been playing games sense I got home, (about 4 hours). Hasn't even made a slight noise. Hottest the CPU has gotten was 52C
    Edit: It only gets to 16C on desktop, while on youtube and browsing etc.. I have very impressed with this machine :) I was expecting good performance but this is well beyond my expectations :)

Thanks you all who give me help and information :)

deceit wrote: »
    I had an 8150 at 5ghz so I dont think it would be too difficult to imagine an 8350 at that clock?
    I'm talking 24/7 stable kept on 100%. Although prime is outdated for this chip, so pretty much Overdrive or OCCT in this case.
    killanena wrote: »
    1.46v, Been playing games sense I got home, (about 4 hours). Hasn't even made a slight noise. Hottest the CPU has gotten was 52C
    Edit: It only gets to 16C on desktop, while on youtube and browsing etc.. I have very impressed with this machine :) I was expecting good performance but this is well beyond my expectations :)

Thanks you all who give me help and information :)

that's pretty low voltage for 4.9Ghz, congrats on a good chip (if it's trully "prime stable"). Maximum this chip should go is 62C on core and 65C on socket to keep it safe. And I mean synthetically stressed, not gaming or other stuff.

My 8350 never goes above 9C idle on core and 32C gaming/rendering at 4.5Ghz, but once put in OCCT, temps shoot to 55-60C easily on Silverarrow SB-E (Arctic 5 paste). That's why I find it hard to believe you can keep it that high on 212 evo stable, lol.
    I mean - sure I can crank it up to 5Ghz with crazy Vcore and watch low temps, but once prime tested, it'll BSoD instantly due to heat :)

• Advertisement

I'm talking 24/7 stable kept on 100%. Although prime is outdated for this chip, so pretty much Overdrive or OCCT in this case.

that's pretty low voltage for 4.9Ghz, congrats on a good chip (if it's trully "prime stable"). Maximum this chip should go is 62C on core and 65C on socket to keep it safe. And I mean synthetically stressed, not gaming or other stuff.

My 8350 never goes above 9C idle on core and 32C gaming/rendering at 4.5Ghz, but once put in OCCT, temps shoot to 55-60C easily on Silverarrow SB-E (Arctic 5 paste). That's why I find it hard to believe you can keep it that high on 212 evo stable, lol.
    I mean - sure I can crank it up to 5Ghz with crazy Vcore and watch low temps, but once prime tested, it'll BSoD instantly due to heat :)
    That was 24/7 for 6 months with a few 24hr prime tests. I just noticed his cooler though (lack of sleep didnt read properly :P ). I needed a 360mm rad to keep my cool enough for that speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Do you live in an igloo ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

spix wrote: »

Morgan....Turn on the heating....OH Daddy!!!!!

spix wrote: »

sorry for the offtopic, lads:

No, lol, I clean my rig often. Got Antec 1100 total of 10 fans all around case (incl components). I love the backplate fan, think it's awesome idea.
    CPU fan is crap for high temps tho, Noctua is better, but it shines at low temps, which are more realistic in my case... plus the white blades on this looks awesome...

temps_stock.png
    temps_oc.png
    temps_OC_rendering.png

jvsIqgz.gif
    (sort of...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

It's not possible for your cpu to be 9c unless your room temperature is 9c therefore you must live in an igloo! A cpu physically can't be colder than the ambient temperature.

Okay, being serious... AMD cpu's are known for having dodgy temperature sensors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

When the package temperature is less than the average of the cores there is something wrong, subambient is impossible with air or water, your would need a pelter, waterchiller etc for that.

The sensor is faulty.

Sigh, well there goes my bragging rights, you guys are no fun :(

Ambient thing makes sense actually, guess I should only judge by socket temps from now on, they looks reasonable, above ambient at all times...
    When stressing, temps could be accurate then, getting BSOD at 65C... go figure

Sigh, well there goes my bragging rights, you guys are no fun :(

Ambient thing makes sense actually, guess I should only judge by socket temps from now on, they looks reasonable, above ambient at all times...
    When stressing, temps could be accurate then, getting BSOD at 65C... go figure
    With amd cpu's you should never go above 60degs. 60degs on temps is really 100degrees so your temps where close to 110 before bsod.
    All amd cpu's are like this with windows as windows instructions are for intel cpu's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

deceit wrote: »
    With amd cpu's you should never go above 60degs. 60degs on temps is really 100degrees so your temps where close to 110 before bsod.
    All amd cpu's are like this with windows as windows instructions are for intel cpu's

What the story there, why do the temp sensors not register the correct temperature? Especially as the AMD processors are such power hungry chaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

here is my build,

Bitfenix alpha Merc.
    Cpu Fx 8350
    mobo 990FX sabertooth
    gpu Saphire 7950 vaporX
    ram Patriot viper 1866
    PSu Amzon superflower 550w
    Fans 4 corasir AF120 Quiet Edition 120mm
    Hd seagate 1tb 7200

Mouse Func Ms3 happy with it no real complaints.

keybaord razor death stalker.

head phones picked them up in games stop but Ill be selling them soon and replacing them with something a little better. The monitars and old Dell ultra sharp. takes dvi

The case its nice minimal maybe makes a little to much noise.
    276290.JPG

Inside.
    276291.JPG

and everything else.
    276292.JPG

My next upgrade is a better Case thinking of getting the Bit Fenix Ghost, Id like to have everything braded and a new psu and possibly a second gpu.

Waiting to order a new monitar for work and i get my dell ultra sharp down here. :D

Advertisement