Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Androidable

Hey lads once again, Yesterday I got my so called 'Fridge'

Does the Nanoxia case looks like a fridge to you because most of my family members and friends tell me that it does.

Anyway back to the point I want to thank BloodBath for helping me a lot so thank you very much you made my year and my next year=D

Here's the Specs

*Processor:Intel Xeon E3-1230v2 LGA1155 (Went with v2 instead of v3 as the v3 was out of stock and I needed the PC before Halloween )

*Ram:8GB G.Skill RipJaws-X PC3-12800U CL10 ( One stick just so I can add more later on )

*Video Card:Gigabyte HIS HD 7950 IceQ ( Amazing card )

*Motherboard:ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP Sockel 1155

*CPU Cooler:Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO ( Took half an hour to put it on the motherboard )

*SSD:Samsung SSD 840 EVO Basic 120GB SATA 6Gb/s ( CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT IT )

*Hard Drive:WD Caviar Blue 1TB 6Gb's

*Power Supply:Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 450W

*Case:Nanoxia Deep Silence One White ( Lovely Fridge )

*Mouse Pad:LogiLink Gaming XXL ( Just a normal mouse pad/mat )

*HeadSet:Plantronics Headset Gamecom 780 ( Great headset for the money)

Here's some pictures. I will try to take better pictures later one

http://www.flickr.com/photos/107201843@N07/10589963213/in/photostream/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Hey no problem man. Glad it all came together. It looks great.

One problem though and you aren't going to like it. :) The cpu cooler is mounted in 1 of the worst positions. It will probably be fine since you aren't overclocking it but it's not the most efficient

Ideally you want it mounted like this so it blows the hot air out the back towards the rear exhaust. You're blowing it down on top of the graphics card.

You could move turn the fan around so it sucks upwards or move the fan to the bottom so it blows upwards but the best position would be the one in the pic.

WP_20130711_002.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

I have the same cooler on one of my 7850's, they're frickin huuuggeeeee!! Nice build, tidy cable management! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

That picture bloodBath posted makes me uncomfortable.
    I know it's probably not done yet, but it's so messy!

It's just one I grabbed online to show him the correct mounting for the 212.

The cable management is a crime.

• Advertisement

Yeah I knew that I had done it wrong while setting it up but I. It wouldn't go in the way it needed to go in, My mistake I guess

Edit* I knew that it needed to go in that way

Edit 2* If the temps starts to go higher than 66, I guess it will be time to get some Isopropyl alcohol something that will clean the thermal paste.

Is the fan on top sucking or blowing? If you just move the fan so its blowing or sucking upwards it should be fine as it is.

BloodBath wrote: »
    Is the fan on top sucking or blowing? If you just move the fan so its blowing or sucking upwards it should be fine as it is.

If you're talking about the fan that are meant to be at the very top of the case there's non yet still need to grab some.

No I'm talking about the cpu cooler fan.

BloodBath wrote: »
    No I'm talking about the cpu cooler fan.

Oh em the CPU fan blows the air to the top of the case

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Oh em the CPU fan blows the air to the top of the case

If it's blowing air to the top of the case it will probably be fine since most of the hot air will be pushed out the top vent. It should be ok for a moderate overclock.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

Aerocool VS-92. It's pretty poor built case, isn't really worth the price.
    I had to add some rubber between top fans and mesh to stop vibration, which was super loud. Also very small space for cable management... like extremely annoyingly small.

This post is about the case only, PC itself runs old Q6600 and 650 ti boost, waiting for new generation of CPUs to be released before upgrading.
    Other than that it's a beautiful case, that's pretty much it.
    (sorry for the cable mess, I can't do much, it's an old crappy PSU without sleeves, cables of all colors and flavours poking everywhere. Mostly because of their short size and small cable management room behind I have to run them like this.)
    gf_cm_back.jpg
    gf_cm_front.jpg
    gf_led_front.jpg
    gf_led_side.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

My first PC build. Did most of it late 2012. Last month I upgraded the cpu cooler, fans, added a fan controller, and added second GPU for SLI. Cables still feel a bit messy but I can't see any way to clean it up better. There's a lot of thin gauge wires from the case front panel headers and the fan control (temperature sensors anchored at various places). I don't think they have much impact on the air flow anyway.

Intel Core i7-3770K
    CM Hyper 212 Evo
    Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 EATX LGA1155
    G.Skill Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600
    Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB 2.5" SSD
    Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB
    2 x GTX 670 2GB SLI
    Antec Eleven Hundred ATX Full Tower
    5 x 120mm Thermalright X-Silent case fans
    Aerocool X-Vision fan controller
    SeaSonic X-1050 PSU
    Dell U2713HM 27.0" (2560 x 1440)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Whats up with cable management lately :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Luck100 wrote: »
    Cables still feel a bit messy but I can't see any way to clean it up better.

Congrats on your 1st build, cabling is a bit of a birds nest though :) Pick up a bag of 100mm black tie wraps & try to loom as many cables together as possible-better air flow & it will look lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

deceit wrote: »
    Whats up with cable management lately :mad:.

was thinking the same thing my self.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Luck100 wrote: »
    Cables still feel a bit messy but I can't see any way to clean it up better.

Dude, nice build but that cable management is shocking! Unplug everything and pull every cable you can out through the back of the case. Then just plug in what you need trough the cable management holes and cable tie everything else up any way at all so long as it's flat enough to get the right hand side panel on.

It'll take a while but you only have to do it once and its soooooooooooooo worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

..Brian.. wrote: »
    Dude, nice build but that cable management is shocking! Unplug everything and pull every cable you can out through the back of the case. Then just plug in what you need trough the cable management holes and cable tie everything else up any way at all so long as it's flat enough to get the right hand side panel on.

It'll take a while but you only have to do it once and its soooooooooooooo worth it!

And then PSU dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,183 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

New PC

y1XXK6El.jpg

1ThRUXrl.jpg

u7hCvYsl.jpg

Corsair Obsidian 750D
    MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING
    Intel Core i5-4670K
    2x 670s
    Corsair H100i
    16GB ram
    CREATIVE Sound Blaster Z PCI Express Sound Card
    Corsair CMPSU-750HX Professional Series 750W Power Supply
    2x Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5 inch SATA Solid State Drive
    WD Caviar Green 2TB SATA 6Gbps Hard Drive

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

DIY pedestal works really well, gj. Also kudos for not sticking it on a desk the size of an aeroplane seat table :D

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    Corsair Obsidian 750D
    MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING
    Intel Core i5-4670K
    2x 670s
    Corsair H100i
    16GB ram
    CREATIVE Sound Blaster Z PCI Express Sound Card
    Corsair CMPSU-750HX Professional Series 750W Power Supply
    2x Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5 inch SATA Solid State Drive
    WD Caviar Green 2TB SATA 6Gbps Hard Drive

I don't understand why you went from a 2500k with custom cooling to a haswell with a h100i :confused:
    It's neither an upgrade or a downgrade.

Because I can

Because I can

You just wanted a change and didn't feel like going for an upgrade?

tuxy wrote: »
    You just wanted a change and didn't feel like going for an upgrade?

Why are you even asking in a thread that is just for pictures?
    I know its not a big upgrade but im damn happy with it and that's all that matters. And If you must know that I couldnt use the watercooling res/pump in the D750

I didn't mean it like that. I just didn't understand the decision behind it and was curious.
    If you just wanted to build a new system with the same performance I can understand that, you just wanted a change.

Oh I know I wouldnt get a big performance but I was bored of the same system and I Just wanted to rebuild a computer that I know will be very easily upgradeable in the future since the case is huge. The case was the most important to me. It was love at first sight lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Oh I know I wouldnt get a big performance but I was bored of the same system and I Just wanted to rebuild a computer that I know will be very easily upgradeable in the future since the case is huge. The case was the most important to me. It was love at first sight lol

Best reason to build a PC = because! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I almost never 'upgrade' when I build new. Mostly I just get bored and decide to build something different. In fact my current system is actually a downgrade from my last one, still happier with it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I almost never 'upgrade' when I build new. Mostly I just get bored and decide to build something different. In fact my current system is actually a downgrade from my last one, still happier with it though!

In fairness there is nothing wrong with being happy to use a machine . I love using my laptop over my desktop because of it's 1920 * 1200 pixel 17 inch screen .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Started tidying my cables, but this is as far as I've come... Any pro tips?

From This

SIWi4iqh.jpg

To This

LxiBVnK.jpg

Advertisement