Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

For a start that black cable hanging under the heat sink looks like it has the length to go round the back. Otherwise its a small improvement. Remember good airflow means cooler computer, longer lifespan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

The skinny cable form the heat sink? Too short sadly. I need to get some cable extenders I think! The case doesn't lend itself to tidyness!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Recurve360

A simple thing to do would be get cable ties. Even if the cables are just braided together you will have the apperance of it looking much cleaner and will aid to airflow.

Also any cables that arent being used just run them along the bottom of the case and hide them under your HDD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Recurve360 wrote: »
    A simple thing to do would be get cable ties. Even if the cables are just braided together you will have the apperance of it looking much cleaner and will aid to airflow.

Also any cables that aren't being used just run them along the bottom of the case and hide them under your HDD.

I used a fair amount of cable ties, but I think I was remiss to braid the cables! I'll try that though for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Its probably a bit long but this video is worth a look to get an idea of the basics of cable management,i just wish i could follow its advice better:pac:

NCIX.com vid with linus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERhxmzQR6xA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Retro Linus Win!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I love his backwards cap:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I just test fitted some of my fittings so I can figure out the layout and what parts I need to finish the loop.
    I know its really messy but its a temp loop until the last of the parts arrive.
    I will change the fittings at the bottom so the tube exiting the graphics card will go into the left side of the motherboard block, I also have to turn the memory block on the left side and fix the part coming out of the top of the memory block on the right so its using 90s (I didnt have enough fittings delivered so I had to improvise temporarily)
    As you can see its all straight tubing so it will be all replaced with crystal link to improve the look of it. Even the part coming out of the top of the res will be replaced by a double length crystal link fitting. (Just bare all that in mind before you think it looks god awful :P )

20131110_214203_zpsf78b7fb3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

deceit wrote: »
    (Just bare all that in mind before you think it looks god awful :P )

Oh yeah....awful....right..... :D

That upside down XSPC logo would drive me nuts tho..

Aka Ishur wrote: »
    Oh yeah....awful....right..... :D

That upside down XSPC logo would drive me nuts tho..
    Its annoying the hell out of me also. I am waiting until the last of the parts arrive to change it though because of the hassle I had draining the damn thing last time :P. I put in a dain valve at the bottom of the rig though so should be a lot easier now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭viperirl

I just test fitted some of my fittings so I can figure out the layout and what parts I need to finish the loop.
    I know its really messy but its a temp loop until the last of the parts arrive.
    I will change the fittings at the bottom so the tube exiting the graphics card will go into the left side of the motherboard block, I also have to turn the memory block on the left side and fix the part coming out of the top of the memory block on the right so its using 90s (I didnt have enough fittings delivered so I had to improvise temporarily)
    As you can see its all straight tubing so it will be all replaced with crystal link to improve the look of it. Even the part coming out of the top of the res will be replaced by a double length crystal link fitting. (Just bare all that in mind before you think it looks god awful :P )

Looks fine so far but you should take a pic from a tight angle in order to show the depth/height of all those fitting in and around the mem blocks.
    Is there much a of a kink in the bottom of the right mem block? Looks tight there.

I put in a dain valve at the bottom of the rig though so should be a lot easier now :)

Best decision I ever made to put drain valves in mine otherwise it would have been extremely messy to drain.

viperirl wrote: »
    Looks fine so far but you should take a pic from a tight angle in order to show the depth/height of all those fitting in and around the mem blocks.
    Is there much a of a kink in the bottom of the right mem block? Looks tight there.
    The tube at the bottom was just me being lazy and using a curved piece of tubing and cuttong it so one side ended up longer then the other, when I seen it on I said feck it will leave it as it will be coming right back off as soon as the parts that where not in stock are delivered.
    Edit: I'm using temp parts so would look horrible side on :P as there are random fittings on it.
    The depths of the left memory block to cpu block is 40mm, cpu to vrm 45mm and right ram to motherboard 40mm. I've ordered 3 40mm extensions, 2 30mm, 2 20mm, 2 15mm and a few other bits. I will look alot better when I use them. On the cpu to left memory block i'm using 4 7.5mm and one 15mm fittings so looks messy.

The tube at the bottom was just me being lazy and using a curved piece of tubing and cuttong it so one side ended up longer then the other, when I seen it on I said feck it will leave it as it will be coming right back off as soon as the parts that where not in stock are delivered.
    Edit: I'm using temp parts so would look horrible side on :P as there are random fittings on it.
    The depths of the left memory block to cpu block is 40mm, cpu to vrm 45mm and right ram to motherboard 40mm. I've ordered 3 40mm extensions, 2 30mm, 2 20mm, 2 15mm and a few other bits. I will look alot better when I use them. On the cpu to left memory block i'm using 4 7.5mm and one 15mm fittings so looks messy.

Jaysus....you're a perfectionist! :-)
    I'm sure it will look fantastic when you're all done. Then you can make the most of the all the space you have there by adding a 3rd GPU and second loop for it. You know you want to. :D

Jaysus....you're a perfectionist! :-)
    I'm sure it will look fantastic when you're all done. Then you can make the most of the all the space you have there by adding a 3rd GPU and second loop for it. You know you want to. :D
    I'm actually switching to 290x's eventually so will be a while before can afford 3 gpu's :P, will struggle with one in january without using my credit card :P

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Vade

After seeing Deceit's stunning set-up mine looks bland and empty but I finally got around to that cable management I've been putting off. Now I just need the new cooler to arrive and I can ditch the stock one.

2qB6mqAl.jpg

LAu9sDtl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

Vade wrote: »
    After seeing Deceit's stunning set-up mine looks bland and empty but I finally got around to that cable management I've been putting off. Now I just need the new cooler to arrive and I can ditch the stock one.

2qB6mqAl.jpg

LAu9sDtl.jpg

That is some nice cable management man, great work. This is what has been missing from here for a good while (apart from deceit the bollox ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Phantom 630?

Squaredude wrote: »
    Phantom 630?

Yep :)

Vade wrote: »
    Really tidy rid, I would have left the cage in the bottom though as I think it looks nicer even when not in use (can understand for the better airflow though. How come the directional fan was removed?

• Advertisement

It wasn't ever installed ;)
    I'm waiting on a few bits to arrive yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Heres a few pics of my bucket o`bolts..
    Just got the case a few weeks ago and watercooling gear will be installed at the end of the month..
    [IMG][/img]IMG_4552_zps43fe43ae.jpg
    [IMG][/img]IMG_4551_zps83ba8d2e.jpg
    The plan is to have a 360x45 rad up top.A 240 x 80 in front and tossing up wether the put a 120 x 80 in the bottom aswell..
    Dual bay res and pump and monsoon fittings...not sure to go chrome fittings or red...the dye will be uv red.
    Fans will be corsair sp`s

Looks nice and neat. Are you going to watercool the GPUs too? Personally I'd go with the chrome fittings otherwise you could end up with too much red. Nice to have a bit of contrast here and there in the colour scheme. Just my 2c's.

Looks nice and neat. Are you going to watercool the GPUs too? Personally I'd go with the chrome fittings otherwise you could end up with too much red. Nice to have a bit of contrast here and there in the colour scheme. Just my 2c's.

Gpu`s will be on water...Cant wait for a bit of piece and quiet.. Yeah chrome is the go...
    All blocks will be EK and I have new ram vengance 2133 red mobo will be asus maximus formula v1 and i7 4770 k...
    The i7 is probably a bit overkill for what i need but hey..Better looking at it than looking for it..:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Portlawslim

dwighet wrote: »
    Heres a few pics of my bucket o`bolts..
    Just got the case a few weeks ago and watercooling gear will be installed at the end of the month..

The plan is to have a 360x45 rad up top.A 240 x 80 in front and tossing up wether the put a 120 x 80 in the bottom aswell..
    Dual bay res and pump and monsoon fittings...not sure to go chrome fittings or red...the dye will be uv red.
    Fans will be corsair sp`s
    Whats the case? looks like there's loads of room in there...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

The side mountings for the SSDs looks very nice and neat.

Whats the case? looks like there's loads of room in there...

corsair 750 d...Good bit of room and not a huge case...

Tinie wrote: »
    The side mountings for the SSDs looks very nice and neat.

They do but once I put a fat rad in there they cant be seen...:(

My work in progress is nearly done :). Finally the parts arrived, my measurements where off again so I had to alter the route slightly but it seems okay. The part on the bottom of the right ram block will be crystal link when I replace all fittings with crystal link.
    Oh and the last pics are from my sisters pc i'm building ;)

20131120_184455_zpsce3e7fc0.jpg

20131121_080039_zps15802a28.jpg

20131121_080033_zpsb0862b7a.jpg

20131121_080018_zpsa68206df.jpg

20131121_075955_zps179d018f.jpg

20131121_011703_zps3706ee46.jpg

20131121_011652_zpse7e6dd59.jpg

20131121_011811_zpsd1987f1b.jpg

20131121_011755_zpsb965bb58.jpg

20131121_011459_zps2125d5b0.jpg

20131121_080418_zpsc0a5aa2c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

Got a thorough whipping from the boards.ie cabling committee on my last post :o

Had some time this weekend so I went back to re-organize. Still couldn't really do anything about my front panel header cables, they're too short to go behind the motherboard panel.

Once I had it opened up, I realized I hadn't connected the secondary PCIE power connector on the motherboard. It's a funny one, it actually uses one of the sata power plugs. Not necessary for single gpus but recommended for stability in SLI. Anyway, seems like I can overclock the gpu a bit higher now with that plugged in. :)

281403.JPG

Advertisement