Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Squaredude wrote: »
    I like the badges. Its just the evga one thats wonky.

I'm a sucker for badges as well. Always stick them on my cases. Plus, crucially, I actually think they dramatically increase re-sale value amongst the general market. :cool:

Water cooling is the one thing I've never looked into. Always tempted though. Have had a few self contained water coolers but never a proper setup. Great looking build though. I'm a sucker for vanity when it comes to my PC's.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Ctrl Alt Del

Just received delivery of my last SSD...
    Also,CPU 2x16 Core,32GB RAM... 1GB RAM for each Core ! :)

283986.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

A few pics of everything installed and up and running.
    And my new side panel finally arrived from NZXT, only took a month!

2013-12-06174312_zpsaf27c440.jpg

in this picture i have quoted on the left fitting there, it looks like you have screwed it in on the wrong thread. that is why the compression cap it is slightly sideways to the fitting itself. you might want to fix that before it leaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

A few pics of everything installed and up and running.
    And my new side panel finally arrived from NZXT, only took a month!

2013-12-06174419_zps3bc1fea1.jpg

Fiddy bucks no questions asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

WHY MUST YOU QUOTE ALL THE PICTURES.

ALL OF MY HATE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

in this picture i have quoted on the left fitting there, it looks like you have screwed it in on the wrong thread. that is why the compression cap it is slightly sideways to the fitting itself. you might want to fix that before it leaks.
    Good spot, just fixed it there now

Good spot, just fixed it there now
    no prob man, i would hate to see a post in a few days saying that it leaked and bust something on you.

I agree bout quoting the pictures. Bad enough on large monitors, but can't imagine the torment people face on 1080p and worse still, 720p monitors :D

true that TerrorFirmer+Danger781, there is no need to quote all the pics and also no need for the useless post abusing that guy for saying it is annoying.

It does remind me however, begrudgingly, how ****ing sweet that water cooled setup is.

• Advertisement

I agree bout quoting the pictures. Bad enough on large monitors, but can't imagine the torment people face on 1080p and worse still, 720p monitors :D

Using a phone, trying to edit out other pics was wayyyyyy too much hassle. Plus I'm kinda selfish about other people's wanky eyes and feelings and emotions. I'll never make it in America.

true that TerrorFirmer+Danger781, there is no need to quote all the pics and also no need for the useless post abusing that guy for saying it is annoying.

^This

I know I could have responded more maturely, and kindly request that he edits the post so he does not quote all of the photos as it a a major inconvenience to the users of this thread.

But where's the fun in that? I prefer my way :D

Danger781 wrote: »
    ^This

I know I could have responded more maturely, and kindly request that he edits the post so he does not quote all of the photos as it a a major inconvenience to the users of this thread.

But where's the fun in that? I prefer my way :D

Major inconvenience? Wow get a load of the real first world problems.

I didn't "abuse" him for finding it annoying, I "abused" him for caps locking. Either way edit post call the ss, I'm already awake so not losing sleep.

It's an inconvenience to scroll past that many pictures when there is no need for it. It's not going to ruin my day or anything, but a small bit of consideration for others goes a long way ;)

Anyway, I'll leave it there. We're going off topic now.

I didn't "abuse" him for finding it annoying, I "abused" him for caps locking. Either way edit post call the ss, I'm already awake so not losing sleep.

no one abused anyone. we just pointed out that it's a little annoying when someone quotes a series of high resolution/bandwidth pictures to make a comment. Hardly criminal.

if we used 'first world problems' as a criteria surely the irony of this very forum hardly needs to be pointed out.

no one abused anyone. we just pointed out that it's a little annoying when someone quotes a series of high resolution/bandwidth pictures to make a comment. Hardly criminal.

if we used 'first world problems' as a criteria surely the irony of this very forum hardly needs to be pointed out.

See I never claimed anyone was abused? Hence why I typed "abused" like so. I was accused of "abusing" danger after his ahem capslock malfunction.

But that is neither here or there. In my naivety I was quite simply not aware when quoting the comment ,of the horrendous backlash from the forum minions.
    It was as If I had sacrificed someone's first born. But I see now it is an arduous task to scroll a web page. Did I go 88 mph? is it the internet in 1995?

Forget Jesus carrying that heavy cross getting whipped and tortured , Mel Gibson should do the passion of boards "thou shalt not quote pics". I will Cleary be playing the part of the devil himself. Pure evil reincarnated.

edited original post.. I have exercised the demons ... This tread is clear....

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Portlawslim

Finally got off my ass and started installing my loop
    If you don't mind disclosing it Squaredude how much did the loop cost?:)

PS: I didn't quote the pics :P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Cost me around €565
    Full list of what I bought here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87521482&postcount=13

+1 love it :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

*notthepostthatgotdeleted*

Alfredo The Postman is not amused, has disliked your posts and banned you for a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Heres a few pics of my rig on water..
    I had an asus maximus formula V1 in there but the memory slots went dead on me so its on its way back to be replaced..Luckily I kept my old board to keep me going until the RMA process is sorted out..
    [IMG][/img]IMG_4572_zpsb2abd5c7.jpg
    [IMG][/img]IMG_4578_zps5982ff44.jpg
    [IMG][/img]IMG_4579_zps9c2775b8.jpg
    [IMG][/img]IMG_4577_zpsa5e8f295.jpg
    [IMG][/img]IMG_4576_zps8c429f7d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Nice job on your first loop.

Is that mayhems blood red coolant?

game4it70 wrote: »
    Nice job on your first loop.

Is that mayhems blood red coolant?

Its mayhams UV red..:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Nice man, looks great.

How much more performamce are you squeezing out under water?

EoinHef wrote: »
    Nice man, looks great.

How much more performamce are you squeezing out under water?

I havnt really tried pushing much as the new mobo should be here late next week.I just have this one at 4.2...
    I did jump the 7970`s to 1.3 v and ran them @1140/1700 and was on bf4 for an hour and the max temp for the cards was 45c and cpu was 50c...temp in the sitting room is 24c so not so bad for 2 rads me thinks..

dwighet wrote: »
    I havnt really tried pushing much as the new mobo should be here late next week.I just have this one at 4.2...
    I did jump the 7970`s to 1.3 v and ran them @1140/1700 and was on bf4 for an hour and the max temp for the cards was 45c and cpu was 50c...temp in the sitting room is 24c so not so bad for 2 rads me thinks..

That a fair bit of volts for that oc on the gpus but as you know some cards will need a bit more juice than others.I would have said for the 1140mhz on the core you should be fine at 1.25v i(one of my profiles i use 1.23v for 1180mhz).Even with bad Oc'ers i'd say you could lower it a fair bit.

Temps look bang on and good considering the 24c ambient.
    What speeds did you run your fans at when you played bf4 last night?

game4it70 wrote: »
    That a fair bit of volts for that oc on the gpus but as you know some cards will need a bit more juice than others.I would have said for the 1140mhz on the core you should be fine at 1.25v i(one of my profiles i use 1.23v for 1180mhz).Even with bad Oc'ers i'd say you could lower it a fair bit.

Temps look bang on and good considering the 24c ambient.
    What speeds did you run your fans at when you played bf4 last night?

The 1.3v was just to see how warm things could get..
    My 24/7 clock is 1140 /1600 @ 1.2v...I get 60fps for bf4 on ultra settings(2560x1440)Vsync on.
    Thats all I need.

The fans are controlled by a bit fenix fan controller...Set at the lowest setting..Well just a tad from the lowest..
    Cant ever hear em..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

The 1.3v was just to see how warm things could get..
    My 24/7 clock is 1140 /1600 @ 1.2v...I get 60fps for bf4 on ultra settings(2560x1440)Vsync on.
    Thats all I need.

The fans are controlled by a bit fenix fan controller...Set at the lowest setting..
    Cant ever hear em..

Awesome... no harm in having the voltage at 1.3 if you can cool it, especially under water. See how high you can get with 1.3v :)

Gumbi wrote: »
    Awesome... no harm in having the voltage at 1.3 if you can cool it, especially under water. See how high you can get with 1.3v :)

I got 1150/1800 @ 1.25v not a crash on bf4 for 3 hrs today...Temps @ 43c max vram 46c max
    Will try and go a bit more later on..

• Advertisement

I got 1150/1800 @ 1.25v not a crash on bf4 for 3 hrs today...Temps @ 43c max vram 46c max
    Will try and go a bit more later on..

Leave the memory alone for now and just play with the core so if you do crash you now what caused it.

Advertisement