Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

As above ^^. Use the Valley or Heaven benchmark, let them loop for a bit to check stability. 5 mins is good. Then just game. If it crashed while gaming, up the voltage slightly, and game again :). You should be able to hit 1250 AT LEAST on the core if under water. What model 7970 you have?

You seem to have Hynix if you're hitting 1800 which is great :) You can get a modded version of Sapphire Trixx too to access memory voltage control if your card supports it and a small bump may put you into 2000mhz which is fantastic :) Don't push the mem voltage too much though. 1800mhz is great though, and upping the memory won't help much, so be happy with 1800. Work on getting your core above 1250 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Gumbi wrote: »
    As above ^^. Use the Valley or Heaven benchmark, let them loop for a bit to check stability. 5 mins is good. Then just game. If it crashed while gaming, up the voltage slightly, and game again :). You should be able to hit 1250 AT LEAST on the core if under water. What model 7970 you have?

You seem to have Hynix if you're hitting 1800 which is great :) You can get a modded version of Sapphire Trixx too to access memory voltage control if your card supports it and a small bump may put you into 2000mhz which is fantastic :) Don't push the mem voltage too much though. 1800mhz is great though, and upping the memory won't help much, so be happy with 1800. Work on getting your core above 1250 :)

the cards are saphire reference...
    I`ll give it a go...cheers

Looks like 1280/1700 is stable on valley and heaven @ 1.3v.. Fails if I drop voltage to 1.75v and fails if I go over 1280.temps are 45c and vrm max is 57c for vrm1 and 50c for vrm2...

Now to see if its good for bf4..

dwighet wrote: »
    Looks like 1280/1700 is stable on valley and heaven @ 1.3v.. Fails if I drop voltage to 1.75v and fails if I go over 1280.temps are 45c and vrm max is 57c for vrm1 and 50c for vrm2...

1.275 I hope :D. Man that's awesome seem like you're good to go :)

1.275 I hope :D. Man that's awesome seem like you're good to go :)

OOPS YEAH 1.275..
    the 1280 artifacted(spellckeck) on bf4 so dropped it to 1255/1700 without a problem..

I never realized they could be pushed that high..:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

You playing it at 100Hz?

OOPS YEAH 1.275..
    the 1280 artifacted(spellckeck) on bf4 so dropped it to 1255/1700 without a problem..

I never realized they could be pushed that high..:o

Non-ref 7970s can be pushed over 1300 easy under water. 1255, sorted :) I betcha that is great perf for BF4. What CPU you have? OCed it much?

EoinHef wrote: »
    You playing it at 100Hz?

no mate will sort that out tomorrow...

Non-ref 7970s can be pushed over 1300 easy under water. 1255, sorted :) I betcha that is great perf for BF4. What CPU you have? OCed it much?

Im just using my old 2500k..I did have a asus maximus formula V1 with a 4770k but it went tits up and am waiting a replacement..

I only have the 2500k @ 4.2...cant be assed as the new one will be here by the end of next week.

Im just using my old 2500k..I did have a asus maximus formula V1 with a 4770k but it went tits up and am waiting a replacement..

I only have the 2500k @ 4.2...cant be assed as the new one will be here by the end of next week.

Under water you'd probably get the 2500k to 5ghz :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Bought the parts for a PC that were recommended by people on here a few months ago. But since I've already upgraded the PSU and GPU set up and got myself an SSD. I put together a 2nd PC for a mates younger brother stephens day as well and it was much easier/less nervy than the 1st one I built.

So here's my current build (via crappy iphone pictures)

020_zpsbddf05b8.jpg
    018_zpsc5320611.jpg
    025_zps77c53a84.jpg
    022_zps60024149.jpg

Specs:
    Bitfenix Merc Alpha
    ASRock 970 Pro3, AM3+, ATX
    AMD FX-6300 @4.4Ghz
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
    Crucial 240GB M500 SSD
    Seagate Barracuda 7200 1000GB
    8GB-Kit G.Skill RipJaws
    7950 Vapor X + Club 3D 7870XT Crossfire
    Corsair CX750W Builder Series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Can I ask you a couple of questions about your set up?

The 7950 and 7870 - do the Xfire well? Do you hve cooling issues with the cards so close together?

Nice build btw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

I'm new to crossfire so it took me about three weeks to actually have them working properly which was a real pain. If I had another 7950 vapor X for that second slot it wouldn't fit so its a tight squeeze as is, the temps on both cards stay below 65 most of the time and on occasion push 70 and that's with 3 intake and 3 outtake fans. I trawled the internet for threads and info about the 7950+7870xt in crossfire and found none! But eventually I came across someone on steam with the same set up and just asked him what settings he was using and since then its worked great. BF4 everything on ultra stays well above 60FPS and I'm going to try it on far cry 3 today after I push the core clock a bit more.
    My current Unigine valley score is:
    FPS:
    Score:
    Min FPS:
    Max FPS:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Haven't posted up anything in a while so here are some updated pics. It doesn't look quite so ravers neon blue in real life! Will be replacing the 7850s with an R9 290 soon hopefully and putting it all under water in a couple of months. Need to tone back on the lighting too a bit I think!

:EDIT: Yes I did forget to connect the crossfire bridge i the last 2 shots! :o

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Vade

Nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

..Brian.. wrote: »
    Haven't posted up anything in a while so here are some updated pics. It doesn't look quite so ravers neon blue in real life! Will be replacing the 7850s with an R9 290 soon hopefully and putting it all under water in a couple of months. Need to tone back on the lighting too a bit I think!

:EDIT: Yes I did forget to connect the crossfire bridge i the last 2 shots! :o

Hi

Where can I find these white power cables?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

How are those 7850's treating you? I've been thinking about getting a second one for a while now. Have you seen enough of an increase to justify it?

daz801 wrote: »
    How are those 7850's treating you? I've been thinking about getting a second one for a while now. Have you seen enough of an increase to justify it?

Definitely man, check out one of my earlier posts below. I don't have results from a single card, might run a few over the weekend just for the craic but it will give you something to compare to.

These are from 7850's crossfired. All settings are on ultra or max or as high as they can go and at 1080p.

Valley 1.0 55.8fps

Heaven 3.0 66.3fps

Tomb Raider 59.1fps (with tressfx hair)

Batman Arkham City 92.33fps

Metro 2033 44.33fps

Hitman Absolution 61.1 fps

Bioshock Infinate 81.63fps

The Metro score is probably lower than what you would observe in game as the bench scores as low as 8fps at one point. This is with the cards OC'd to 1100mhz on the core and 1250mhz memory. Max temps I'd get would be about 66°C on one card and 73°C on the other card. Also I've been running this set up for about 6 months now and have never noticed any stuttering or tearing or any of the negatives that everyone is banging on about with crossfire.

Definitely man, check out one of my earlier posts below. I don't have results from a single card, might run a few over the weekend just for the craic but it will give you something to compare to.

These are from 7850's crossfired. All settings are on ultra or max or as high as they can go and at 1080p.

Valley 1.0 55.8fps

Heaven 3.0 66.3fps

Tomb Raider 59.1fps (with tressfx hair)

Batman Arkham City 92.33fps

Metro 2033 44.33fps

Hitman Absolution 61.1 fps

Bioshock Infinate 81.63fps

The Metro score is probably lower than what you would observe in game as the bench scores as low as 8fps at one point. This is with the cards OC'd to 1100mhz on the core and 1250mhz memory. Max temps I'd get would be about 66°C on one card and 73°C on the other card. Also I've been running this set up for about 6 months now and have never noticed any stuttering or tearing or any of the negatives that everyone is banging on about with crossfire.

Thanks, now to add another card to my ever growing list of things to buy.

• Advertisement

I'll be flogging mine soon hopefully (end of the month perhaps depending on tax back!) so I'll send you a PM and see if your interested!

I'll be flogging mine soon hopefully (end of the month perhaps depending on tax back!) so I'll send you a PM and see if your interested!

Cool man, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Way too long since there's been any pictures! Just my new mech keyboard, but hopefully it gets the ball rolling again!

The box

PXYcAh5.jpg?1

First look at the keyboard

YAKOw7x.jpg?1

It comes with rubber strips to stick to the bottom, as well as 2 little rubber covers for the stands that pop out.

ExTwLuR.jpg?1

And here's what it looks like sitting on my desk!

KTsFI1W.jpg?1

A little boring to be posting here, I know, but I don't have much to be at this evening and I'm genuinely more impressed by this than I thought I would be!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Love the key set up specially number pad. I sometimes bind all my keys around the arrows so this keyboard looks ideal.

Mine has gaps between arrows and pad like most. How much?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CITN98G/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Picked it up for £60 on amazon, I thought it was a steal. :)

Oh and the key layout is in the correct UK format, ignore the stock photo they have on amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Bazzo wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CITN98G/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Picked it up for £60 on amazon, I thought it was a steal. :)

Oh and the key layout is in the correct UK format, ignore the stock photo they have on amazon.

Nice. Like the features ,think this be my next buy. Been meaning to get one, before some New lifeforms grow outta my current one.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Vade

I finally got the water cooling loop set up in my computer, after a disastrous first attempt at installing the rad and waiting on a replacement everything else went pretty smoothly.

RLhBKjCl.jpg

sKMgwYJl.jpg

WERXhdCl.jpg

NXNKLqBl.jpg

gYV5RT4l.jpg

The long loops in front of the GPU are prep for when I can afford a new card and block. This was my first attempt at a custom loop, I learned a lot, especially about not piercing your new radiator core by using screws that are too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭justjustin

I'd probably be interested in one too if you will be selling them both ;)

Do you know how they perform in BF4? Last I heard CF was broken in that game, I wonder if it has been patched yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

justjustin wrote: »
    I'd probably be interested in one too if you will be selling them both ;)

Do you know how they perform in BF4? Last I heard CF was broken in that game, I wonder if it has been patched yet.

Ive a crossfire setup and works fine with bf4, actually scales really well compared to most games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭justjustin

EoinHef wrote: »
    Ive a crossfire setup and works fine with bf4, actually scales really well compared to most games

Cheers, I'll keep on the lookout for a good deal on a 78xx so. How does one card perform as a matter of interest? People tell me the game is now fairly playable so I might buy it pretty soon.

Advertisement