Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

justjustin wrote: »
    I'd probably be interested in one too if you will be selling them both

Do you know how they perform in BF4? Last I heard CF was broken in that game, I wonder if it has been patched yet.

Dunno about BF4 but in BF3 I'm getting surprisingly good results at 1440p. 7850 crossfire (OC 1100/1250) averages around 65 - 70fps with lows dipping to about 55fps, all settings on Ultra and again at 1440p!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

This thread always makes me ashamed of my cable management

And the evening following, I open up my Pc, take a look at the mess and go "nahhhh"

Some great stuff on show here

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭dark_jedi_ire

And now My system is complete.. and the beast has finally arrived,,

Awesome :-)

2014_01_31_11_06_29.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Let us so know some core/VRM performance temp numbers :) And also how well it overclocks :)

Nice one man, where did you get it? How much? How long for delivery? Been waiting 1.5 weeks on mine to come in stock, only to find out yesterday it will be another week before it's in stock, nevermind shipping time on top of that!

• Advertisement

Actually lucky enough to be able to get it via work, so vat free, and got it from dabs4work.ie order last friday,. delivered today :-) 331 Euro

Even now dabs4work.ie saying lots on order, delivery Delayed, I honestly wasnt expecting it for a few weeks yet,, nice surprise waiting for me when I got back from the server room :-)

hope you get it soon,, Am looking forward to get home and connecting up and running it through its paces and then maybe some BF 4

Wow, €331 and delivered in a week ........... well played sir!

Ahhh, very nice man very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

Actually lucky enough to be able to get it via work, so vat free, and got it from dabs4work.ie order last friday,. delivered today :-) 331 Euro

Even now dabs4work.ie saying lots on order, delivery Delayed, I honestly wasnt expecting it for a few weeks yet,, nice surprise waiting for me when I got back from the server room :-)

hope you get it soon,, Am looking forward to get home and connecting up and running it through its paces and then maybe some BF 4

You should organise a groupbuy for us all on here from your dabs4work account :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Now normally I don't quote pictures, but ooooh lord! All going well, this is the card I'll have in a few weeks. Can you tell me the rest of your system spec?

2014_01_31_11_06_29.jpg

• Advertisement

8GB-Kit G.Skill Ares PC3-12800U CL9-9-9-24
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - Intel/AMD
    Samsung SSD 840 120GB SATA 6Gb/s
    2TB Storage Drives
    CPU-I5 4670K
    Motherboard-MSI Z87-G45-GAMING
    PSU XFX ProSeries (XXX Edition) 750W Power Supply Unit
    GPU Currently 2 xfx Radeon 6870 crossfired ( which are now being Replaced)
    Dell 2713HM 1440p 27" Monitor
    Case Zalman z9

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

8GB-Kit G.Skill Ares PC3-12800U CL9-9-9-24
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - Intel/AMD
    Samsung SSD 840 120GB SATA 6Gb/s
    2TB Storage Drives
    CPU-I5 4670K
    Motherboard-MSI Z87-G45-GAMING
    PSU XFX ProSeries (XXX Edition) 750W Power Supply Unit
    GPU Currently 2 xfx Radeon 6870 crossfired ( which are now being Replaced)
    Dell 2713HM 1440p 27" Monitor
    Case Zalman z9

Jasus, have a very similar spec'd PC myself!

Hope that 290 works out great!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 eoin91

Just some pictures of my setup and a picture of my new netbook I got from adverts the other day for ****s and giggles (The netbook is about 3 years old and not great, I've turned down everything in windows to help it run so it looks horrible but I just need it for Eclispe development to get me through the last few months of college and my final project)

My Setup:

2014-02-01133205.jpg

Underneath the desk with surround sound setup and some of my bits and pieces boxes:

2014-02-01133333.jpg

Close up of R4 window. Two led strips from Amazon, one in the roof and one on the front. Can change the colour but blue is a an easy on the eye for daily use:

2014-02-01133410.jpg

Side panel taken off:

2014-02-01133556.jpg

New Laptop:

2014-02-01134033.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Is that... is that screen cracked?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 eoin91

Danger781 wrote: »
    Is that... is that screen cracked?

haha no just turned the windows colour setting down from 32bit colour to 256 colour to see if it would improve the performance much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

It's just in 16-bit colour I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

I think i need more noctua fans...
    292052.jpg

Definitely. You've got space up the front for two more, and room in the top. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Vade

You could just solder a load together and replace your side panel.

My current setup:

wMOCptNl.jpg

But:

1CIEIIdl.jpg

Just waiting on the water block before I can start. Should be here today. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Serephucus wrote: »
    My current setup:

But:

Just waiting on the water block before I can start. Should be here today. :)
    Nice, looking forward to see how this turns out. Is that a gtx 780? My gpu should be with me tomorrow so will finally try get a 290x on water :D

It is, yeah. I'm also (finally) getting around to de-lidding my 3570K. Have CLU. Just have to pick up a vice from somewhere.

I'm going to actually do a bit of investigating into de-lidding temps. Planning to go from stock in 100MHz increments, getting it stable with lowest volts at each step, to a max temp of, say 90°C. Then I'll de-lid, and do the same again. Yas can all have a nice graph to look at by the end. :P

It is, yeah. I'm also (finally) getting around to de-lidding my 3570K. Have CLU. Just have to pick up a vice from somewhere.

I'm going to actually do a bit of investigating into de-lidding temps. Planning to go from stock in 100MHz increments, getting it stable with lowest volts at each step, to a max temp of, say 90°C. Then I'll de-lid, and do the same again. Yas can all have a nice graph to look at by the end. :P
    You should look into getting this for an ek block if your going to delid then ;)
    http://www.ekwb.com/news/324/19/EK-first-to-support-cooling-of-delided-Ivy-Bridge-CPUs/
    When I build my little rig i'm going to try this out and see how it helps.

Nice, def important to test before and after to quantify gains. IIRC though, you have a horrible 3570k? Something like 1.35v for 4.4/4.5ghz?

Deceit, I'd looked at that, but I'm not bothered. Extra risk, and cost, for only a small benefit.

Gumbi. Yup, it's more for my own curiosity than anything else, really. And it's not a great chip, but it's not that bad. Does about 4.5/6 at 1.3.

I'm using a 200mm rad and a 240mm rad in a small rig so anything that helps with temps will be very useful so I will try it out when I finally get around to building the rig.

The Prodigy? Yeah, I was running 120+240 in that. Wasn't enough rad for the fan speed I wanted (ideally none) so I stepped up to the DS1.

DS 1 <3. Such a great case.

The Prodigy? Yeah, I was running 120+240 in that. Wasn't enough rad for the fan speed I wanted (ideally none) so I stepped up to the DS1.
    Yea, its the prodigy, hopefully the 200mm over the 120mm will help cool it good enough while being alot quieter.
    I havent done much work with the build at all recently but will have to get started on it soon.

• Advertisement

Block didn't arrive. :(

It shows as en route since this morning, but it never actually turned up. Hopefully tomorrow...

Advertisement