Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

Can anyone recommend an easy to install white LED strip? Doing an aesthetic upgrade - NZXT H440, cable extensions(don't have time to do it myself) and was thinking a white LED strip to compliment it all.

So far this is all that caught my eye, but I don't like how bright it is, and the PCI bracket. But if it's the cheapest/easiest solution, so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

Seaaan wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend an easy to install white LED strip? Doing an aesthetic upgrade - NZXT H440, cable extensions(don't have time to do it myself) and was thinking a white LED strip to compliment it all.

So far this is all that caught my eye, but I don't like how bright it is, and the PCI bracket. But if it's the cheapest/easiest solution, so be it.

For the extensions i just got some from this guy. he has a shop on ebay and i emailed him first asking about what types he can do. i wanted all white with no heat-shrink at the ends and he done them all for me, i got a 24pin, 8 pin atx, a 6 pin and one for the front panel (power, reset, hdd, speaker and led +and-) i got them delivered and they are really good quality all for just under €40.

As for the led strip, i have that NZXT 1m white led strip on order from America and once i get it i will tell you what it is like.

For the extensions i just got some from this guy. he has a shop on ebay and i emailed him first asking about what types he can do. i wanted all white with no heat-shrink at the ends and he done them all for me, i got a 24pin, 8 pin atx, a 6 pin and one for the front panel (power, reset, hdd, speaker and led +and-) i got them delivered and they are really good quality all for just under €40.

As for the led strip, i have that NZXT 1m white led strip on order from America and once i get it i will tell you what it is like.

Hmm, don't usually buy from ebay but I'll see.
    My problems with that strip is that it would be 1 single piece, and I'd prefer it on top and beside psu shroud, as opposed to a full loop around the case

Hmm, don't usually buy from ebay but I'll see.
    My problems with that strip is that it would be 1 single piece, and I'd prefer it on top and beside psu shroud, as opposed to a full loop around the case

I had the same feelings about ebay as well but i have to say the quality of the cables is outstanding. and i was on OC3D.NET asking people and here as well and was given a few names of people and a few different sites and this guy was cheaper but just as good as them if not even better than a few of them. Plus i liked the way i could email him and get the cables the way i wanted as apposed to just click and buy and hope for the best.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Can you link to the ebay shop? I wouldn't mind getting checking it out.

• Advertisement

I had the same feelings about ebay as well but i have to say the quality of the cables is outstanding. and i was on OC3D.NET asking people and here as well and was given a few names of people and a few different sites and this guy was cheaper but just as good as them if not even better than a few of them. Plus i liked the way i could email him and get the cables the way i wanted as apposed to just click and buy and hope for the best.

Hm, black and white would be nice, instead of plain white from bitfenix. Bitfenix was costing ~35 euro anyway. Shop link?

Shiminay wrote: »
    Can you link to the ebay shop? I wouldn't mind getting checking it out.

http://stores.ebay.ie/modpcuk/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

My pc, specs in signature :) (First build)

up2.png

up3.png

up1.png

up4.png

Listed price + 12 euro for black/white cables, inc shipping.

Got things rebuilt last night, quick pic of the final result, more to follow later.

300100.jpg

• Advertisement

Listed price + 12 euro for black/white cables, inc shipping.

That for a 24pin?
    Send him a email if you want it with no heatshrink, cos i think they are done with heatshrink other wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Is your cooler fan blowing towards the middle of the case?

Naa, it's "pulling" through the heatsink and is directing air at the 140mm extractor that came with the case - I remember having that very internal debate when I was putting that cooler on the first time :)

Instead of re-posting everything, I stuck a blog post up with details and pics - http://davwaldron.com/?p=77

That for a 24pin?
    Send him a email if you want it with no heatshrink, cos i think they are done with heatshrink other wise.

Just going to get basic black white for a tenner free delivery. Plain white Pcie cables

Just going to get basic black white for a tenner free delivery. Plain white Pcie cables

If you are forking out money on sleeved cables you might as well go the hole hale and get all the cables that are visabul and have them look the best they can other wise you are just waisting your money, IMOP.

I just noticed that i messed up my post with the pics of my cables there a page back, its my OCD that did it. after tidying up my photo bucket. here they are again :)

IMG_0346_zps28d3c600.jpg
    IMG_0347_zpsdd872bb5.jpg
    IMG_0348_zps103b3ad3.jpg
    IMG_0349_zps2dd6b469.jpg
    IMG_0351_zps56f158b3.jpg
    IMG_0353_zpsa7a8d1a9.jpg

If you are forking out money on sleeved cables you might as well go the hole hale and get all the cables that are visible and have them look the best they can other wise you are just waisting your money, IMOP.

White on a white case is something I'm not sure about. But black/white is more expensive, so I might just get a black white 24 pin and white pcie/8 pin CPU/case headers

White on a white case is something I'm not sure about. But black/white is more expensive, so I might just get a black white 24 pin and white pcie/8 pin CPU/case headers

No dont get me wrong that will look really good, specially if you get it like i have seen it done before, were the first 4 wires on the 24pin were black and the rest white then on the 6 and 8 pins the first 2 wires are black and the rest white.

And trust me the hole no heatshrink takes it from looking good to looking great :)

No dont get me wrong that will look really good, specially if you get it like i have seen it done before, were the first 4 wires on the 24pin were black and the rest white then on the 6 and 8 pins the first 2 wires are black and the rest white.

And trust me the hole no heatshrink takes it from looking good to looking great :)

I might just yolo and do that. 50 euro or so, worth if it looks amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

pretty happy here only got done for €70 tax and duty on my case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭chazbat1

I had help from people on this forum so here is my rig - finished!
    Fractal Design - Define R4 windowed
    i7 4770k
    8GB Kingston Hyper x Blu Ram
    Asus GTX 780
    120gb Samsung EVO SSD
    1GB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Case Mods - Extra 140mm intake fan and 60cm LED Strip

I will be replacing the stock cooler in the future! (it was my first build so still researching overclocking!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Some new Sketchup/Indigo renders I built of my Late Summer 2014 Haswell-e build called Density³

301430.jpg

301431.jpg

301432.jpg

301433.jpg

301434.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

301654.jpg

H440 is a beautiful, tricky case. Cable management is really hard to achieve due to the small space between motherboard tray and side panel, ESPECIALLY with extensions.. Ended up using a couple drive bays to store cables. It's not very silent, considering it's a 'silent case', really needs a fan controller.

302139.jpg

302140.jpg

302141.jpg

302143.jpg

302142.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Only got a Predator X3 a few months ago but decided that I wanted a nice space saving m-itx build. Really happy so far! Was much easier work with than I expected with the small space.

302445.jpg

302444.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Cheers for pics Sean, and honest view of the case warts and all. Looks sweet man.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Recurve360

Recently rebuilt my system in a new case and a few extras:
    20140414_2324101_zps1526a196.jpg
    20140414_232422_zpsb7f59e33.jpg
    20140414_232525_zpse5dc4b14.jpg
    Specs:
    Corsair Carbide 300r with custom PSU Shroud
    AMD FX6300 at stock speeds, awaiting a new CPU cooler.
    AsRock 970 Pro3 motherboard
    MSI Gamers Series GTX660.
    Thermaltake Munich 430W PSU.
    G Skill Ripjaws 8gb DDR3 1600mhz
    2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD
    1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD
    120GB Kingston SSD

Also waiting on a 3rd Monitor to match the 17" Dell just for more workspace. I only game on the single 24" LG.
    Only other upgrades planned are:
    h80i, 6x Corsair AF120 fans and braided cables. Also I have a custom full size perspex side window yet to fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

Finally got around to doing some kind of upgrade to my ageing rig, said goodbye to the trusty old AMD 5850, and welcoming the 770gtx :-)

As an aside, it's always disappointing seeing how sexy graphics cards can look, but still having to put them in ugly-side-up!

DSC_0165_zpsa6f28538.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

As an aside, it's always disappointing seeing how sexy graphics cards can look, but still having to put them in ugly-side-up!

https://www.google.ie/search?q=inverted+ATX

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Advertisement