Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

My speakers are like 12 years old though. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Absolutely loving this baby, the psu, gpu, mobo and the casing are so damn cute:D

All pictures here can be found here:
    http://imgur.com/a/DObHb

KsOgFlll.jpg
    wSZA39Ol.jpg?1
    L3Lw6Dnl.jpg
    9LLPlECl.jpg
    h75xoT0l.jpg
    2DMcDYwl.jpg?1
    AYp0ZR9l.jpg

The original thread here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=89860580
    and the finalized specs are:
    Essentials|Price
    Keyboard+Mouse|£ 16
    Headset+Mic|£ 10
    Samsung 120gb SSD|£ 60
    G-Skill 8GB Ripjaws X DDR3 2133|£ 56
    Total|£ 142
    CPU+Mobo
    Asrock H81M-ITX + G3220|£ 91
    GPU
    EVGA 750 SC|£ 92
    Casing+PSU
    Lian Li TU100 £79 + be quiet 350W SFX non-modular £50|£ 129
    Total|£ 454

I was thinking to use a can of coke but i cant find one in the fridge so....
    Pq25FUUl.jpg

the machine is so damn adorable!!!

p/s: if anyone wonder where is the ssd it is slotted in at the bottom of the casing (you can put 2 of them there, facing the gpu).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

seraphimvc wrote: »
    Absolutely loving this baby, the psu, gpu, mobo and the casing are so damn cute:D

http://imgur.com/a/DObHb

I am going to edit this when i get home...

That is deadly! What will it's main uses be?

marko93 wrote: »
    That is deadly! What will it's main uses be?

Mainly for dota2 :D and then some streaming and writing purposes. The machine is banging, playing games and browsing etc with cpu and gpu at about 40C, and it is so quiet.

I have a noctua 140mm fan at home so i can swap the default casing fan (with slightly noticable noise) with that soon. Future upgrade would be pop in a better cpu and change that stock fan.

Mainly for dota2 :D and then some streaming and writing purposes. The machine is banging, playing games and browsing etc with cpu and gpu at about 40C, and it is so quiet.

I have a noctua 140mm fan at home so i can swap the default casing fan (with slightly noticable noise) with that soon. Future upgrade would be pop in a better cpu and change that stock fan.

That is absolutely excellent! What kind of GPU are you thinking of throwing in it? Actually, what size gpu can it hold?

• Advertisement

That is absolutely excellent! What kind of GPU are you thinking of throwing in it? Actually, what size gpu can it hold?

I am using EVGA 750 SC as you can see it is a tiny card and there wont be much space for cards that are 7cm+ longer than it (look at one of the pics). The casing fan can be taken down though so maybe someone can modify the casing for longer card or something.

I am using EVGA 750 SC as you can see it is a tiny card and there wont be much space for cards that are 7cm+ longer than it (look at one of the pics). The casing fan is unmountable though.

Jasus, see it now, not a lot of space at all. For the build it is though, I envy you. I have a full sized machine (minus a good gfx card) and here I am wishing I had a little compact one.

Jasus, see it now, not a lot of space at all. For the build it is though, I envy you. I have a full sized machine (minus a good gfx card) and here I am wishing I had a little compact one.

Thanks to the new Haswell cpu and the glorious new nvidia chipsets, i think that it is now the best time to make a 'steam box' like mini machine.

This casing came out about 2 years ago and it is notoriously known to have heating issues (i think anandtech flamed the hell out of it) but i am running the game on max setting at 1080p (without AA/Vsync) and running tonnes of background apps, cpu with stock fan and 750 both at about 40C (cpu can go up to 45-49C at peak). It is crazy man. I am more surpised by how powerful the low end G3220 showed.

Perfect for LAN party and since i have everything in black, ill might post up a picture with all my gadgets just to see how nice they look together lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

There are tons of mitx cases out there. I have an Elite 130, it's longer than this case but much lower profile again. Can fit any card though - I've a 7970 in mine at the moment. There's pics here from earlier in the thread.

Thanks to the new Haswell cpu and the glorious new nvidia chipsets, i think that it is now the best time to make a 'steam box' like mini machine.

This casing came out about 2 years ago and it is notoriously known to have heating issues (i think anandtech flamed the hell out of it) but i am running the game on max setting at 1080p (without AA/Vsync) and running tonnes of background apps, cpu with stock fan and 750 both at about 40C (cpu can go up to 45-49C at peak). It is crazy man. I am more surpised by how powerful the low end G3220 showed.

Perfect for LAN party and since i have everything in black, ill might post up a picture with all my gadgets just to see how nice they look together lol

Please do.

There are tons of mitx cases out there. I have an Elite 130, it's longer than this case but much lower profile again. Can fit any card though - I've a 7970 in mine at the moment. There's pics here from earlier in the thread.

I really wish I could justify it, but I'm literally one component away, a few nice fans and a good clean out away from being fully finished my build.

I've always fancied one of these myself, but at this point getting one would be a waste. I'm not stuck for space or anything. I just really like small builds, but here I sit with an Air 540 :p

prodigy_m_white_inside_1_678x452.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

What is the noise/cooling on this first hand.

I was going to get ELite 110 but it was out of stock, i think it is the most cost efficient 'steam box' like casing out there at the moment, the big plus is that you can fit a standard psu in it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cooler-Master-RC-110-KKN2-ELITE-110/dp/B00ID2FBU6

I was going to get ELite 110 but it was out of stock, i think it is the most cost efficient 'steam box' like casing out there at the moment, the big plus is that you can fit a standard psu in it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cooler-Master-RC-110-KKN2-ELITE-110/dp/B00ID2FBU6

Jasus, so small. What was I thinking with the 540, although I certainly don't regret it. It's a wonderful case. After my exams and a room sorting I'll post some pics of it.

What is the noise/cooling on this first hand.

It's good. The fans are quiet. The loudest thing is the Intel stock cooler. Will be replacing that soon enough. All in all though, it's a quiet build in general.

There's a GTX760 mitx card, also a see an R9 270X mitx edition is also coming out, so good few options across the spectrum for those short mitx builds.

Jasus, so small. What was I thinking with the 540, although I certainly don't regret it. It's a wonderful case. After my exams and a room sorting I'll post some pics of it.
    air 540 is one damn sexy case, probably not that mobile for lan party but it looks very classy, throw in some LEDs your nephews or neighbour's kids would be amused by it all day through the transparent side lol.

The thing is that I treat this machine as once in a life time thing, this is the last time i pay for a Lian Li casing lol (who in the right mind would pay for casing+psu more expensive than the rest of the core parts).

air 540 is one damn sexy case, probably not that mobile for lan party but it looks very classy, throw in some LEDs your nephews or neighbour's kids would be amused by it all day through the transparent side lol.

The thing is that I treat this machine as once in a life time thing, this is the last time i pay for a Lian Li casing lol (who in the right mind would pay for casing+psu more expensive than the rest of the core parts).

It's not mobile at all, weighs a bloody tonne :P

Lian Li is lovely though. You really pay for what you get, I'm hoping my 540 will outlast my components :P

So this is my rig/set up atm ( procrastination at its finest )... after exams I'll post up the interior. (yes, it's an absolute mess, I mean to clean up all the cables and dust the room at some time :p )

900x900px-LL-c324b978_room_.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭TheFlidKid

Finally finished my rig (for now :P). Have an:
    FX 8320 @ 4.2GhZ
    MSI R9 280X
    Seagate Barracuda 1tb
    Gigabyte 970-UD3P mobo
    8Gb G.Skill RipJawz

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

So no one uses sound cards?

I have an http://www.asus.com/Sound_Cards_and_DigitaltoAnalog_Converters/Xonar_Essence_STX/ and I love it, doesn't leave me space for SLI but the 670gtxs are still a bit too pricey anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭TheFlidKid

So no one uses sound cards?

I have an http://www.asus.com/Sound_Cards_and_DigitaltoAnalog_Converters/Xonar_Essence_STX/ and I love it, doesn't leave me space for SLI but the 670gtxs are still a bit too pricey anyway.

Haven't messed about with soundcards too much but I heard that external amps are meant to be better and that the Objective2 amp is meant to be good for the money http://www.jdslabs.com/products/35/objective2-headphone-amplifier/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

It's not mobile at all, weighs a bloody tonne :P

Lian Li is lovely though. You really pay for what you get, I'm hoping my 540 will outlast my components :P

So this is my rig/set up atm ( procrastination at its finest )... after exams I'll post up the interior. (yes, it's an absolute mess, I mean to clean up all the cables and dust the room at some time :p )

900x900px-LL-c324b978_room_.jpeg

What's holding up your portrait monitor? I've really been considering getting one as of lately for reddit etc. as it's annoying to have to watch movies in half screen if I want to browse as well.

Could anyone suggest anything in the line of a monitor stand for a 27" in landscape and a 22"/24" in portrait please? Would it have to be expensive or would a 30€ solution do the job?

Just the stand it came with!

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

Just the stand it came with!

Which monitor is it? It seems only expensive monitors have pivot

Is it the Dell U24xxx one that costs like 250 euro?

this is definitely not a bragging post. not at all. is just a way to tell people that how much i love black.

8eGodgUl.jpg

:D

that simple audio bluetooth speaker is AMAZING. and that little nokia phone is for my irish number :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

this is definitely not a bragging post. not at all. is just a way to tell people that how much i love black.

I noticed the walls and the tables are not black. I would have to say you indeed DON'T LOVE BLACK SIR!

I noticed the walls and the tables are not black. I would have to say you indeed DON'T LOVE BLACK SIR!

is not my house T_T

Seaaan wrote: »
    Which monitor is it? It seems only expensive monitors have pivot

Is it the Dell U24xxx one that costs like 250 euro?

It's a Dell U2311H!

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

New secondary rig AMD APU-based ITX build.

V5K2Rkc.jpg

yVO26Nh.jpg

oHTzIPM.jpg

xPrvmtl.jpg

Specs:

APU: AMD A10-7850k
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XN-WIFI
    Memory: 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1600MHz
    SSD: Kingston V300 60GB
    HDD: Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
    Case: Fractal Design Node 304
    PSU: Corsair RM450

Motherboard was a little bit of a pain in the sense that it didn't support the A10-7850k out of the box, but I have an A6-6400k in my HTPC so I used that to flash the BIOS. The other thing is the Hyper Evo really isn't the cooler for this case, I had to fit the fan on the back of it for space reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

z0oT wrote: »
    The other thing is the Hyper Evo really isn't the cooler for this case, I had to fit the fan on the back of it for space reasons.

I had to cut the copper tips off mine to be able to close the side on my Fractal Design Core 1000! Really wasnt expecting there to be an issue, just assumed it would fit! Junior hacksaw to the rescue :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Lu Tze wrote: »
    I had to cut the copper tips off mine to be able to close the side on my Fractal Design Core 1000! Really wasnt expecting there to be an issue, just assumed it would fit! Junior hacksaw to the rescue :pac:

Just to be perfectly clear on this one: You are joking, yes? :)

Advertisement