Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Hot Sauce?

• 13-07-2008 2:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

Is there any Hot sauce manufactured in Ireland? Even if its something like Blarney or Bunratty and that type of tourist name. Im pretty much looking for one you can not get in the US etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Nope, I am a hot sauce fan and I have never seen any Irish hot sauce.
    The closest would be ballymaloe chilli relish but that is so not hot that my kids eat it with breakfast sausages.
    If you really want to give a nice gift, I will give you a recipe to make your own.
    You will have to source some habaneros but the result will be worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Oh its not for a gift. There is a restaurant in Chicago that will give you a free lunch for two if you can give them a bottle of hot sauce they do not have. They have walls with shelves of different Hot sauce!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Saruman wrote: »
    Oh its not for a gift. There is a restaurant in Chicago that will give you a free lunch for two if you can give them a bottle of hot sauce they do not have. They have walls with shelves of different Hot sauce!!!

whats the name of the restaurant?Have they got a website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Make your own and stick it in a jar with a lable on it and call it

Shamrockin' Sauce-begorrah that's hot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

There are millions of hot sauces, I went to a place in North Carolina and it was an entire shop dedicated to chilli and it's derivatives, I got a sauce called Red Rectum, Toad sweat, and a few others. Brilliant.
    Now I make my own, I might get some labels made up and start producing my own stuff.

• Advertisement

Thats probably something i will give a go though there might be some clause in the deal about being a commercial sauce they can verify. Might have to do a website or something and all that for a free lunch? Hardly worth it.

The place is called Heaven on Seven. There is one off Michigan Ave (rush st) in Chicago and a few others.
    They had an excellent dinner deal i did not get to try for about $50. It was a 7 course meal and each course was followed by a different type of beer (microbrew i think) :D
    I was only there for breakfast and it was a hangover breakfast so i could not finish it. They had a very spicy Cajun sausage and it was yum.
    http://www.heavenonseven.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Saruman wrote: »
    ... it was a 7 course meal and each course was followed by a different type of beer (microbrew i think) :D ...

:pac: **** this i'm going to chicago!

See the Bargain alerts thread, Aer lingus is having a sale :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Mmm. I love Cajun. There are not enough of them here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

A mate of mine does a super Irish hot sauce. Ill tell him about this thread and you can PM him if you are interested in buying a few bottles. I think he only sells in batches of a dozen.

It is the best hot sauce I have ever had and I use it in practically everything I cook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭balon

Well the labels are fairly rudimentary and it probably wouldn't pass the 'commercial' test in the Chicago restaurant, but I do bottle a tasty homemade scotch bonnet sauce from time to time. Thanks for the testimonial kmick...

Conscious of plying of wares restrictions, if anyone is interested, send me a PM... hope advertising lines not crossed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Balon is my mate by the way - he is the man of the outstanding chilli sauce :)

Advertisement