Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

AC/DC at the point???

• 13-07-2008 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

did anyone else hear the rumours of ac/dc playing at the point next year? :confused::confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

YYYYEEEEAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!
    Dont play with me now Randy.
    Dont you put that bad juju down on me if this aint real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭GBX

as much as id love this, AC/DC have been rumoured to be playing the Point & Slane for years now. When its announced ill get excited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 randy lug

i remember listening to 2fm in the morning a while ago and they said it was a rumour. i was reading the mirror this morning and they were talking about the point re opening and acts like u2, elton john, bryan adams and even tina turner are being booked. so that list could include ac/dc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

i feckin' hope so,would love to see them again:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

randy lug wrote: »
    ac/dc playing at the point next year? :confused::confused:

That would make me very very happy.
    Fingers crossed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Jaysis, the annual rumour has started late this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

i remember listening to 2fm in the morning a while ago and they said it was a rumour. i was reading the mirror this morning and they were talking about the point re opening and acts like u2, elton john, bryan adams and even tina turner are being booked. so that list could include ac/dc

I was waitin on the rumour to poke it's head up again........

TheO2 - reopening on Dec8th - no bands listed anywhere yet - which considering it's mid July I would have thought they would be advertising now with the new Name in place etc
    however I don't see they acts the Mirror reported being close to the mark - unless it's well into next year, Adams isn't playing here due to lack of venue(O2 not open in time), I thought Tina Turners Euro leg of the tour was well over by Dec too and AC/DC ????? for next year it's definitely possible, the Album will be out and the US tour should be done I guess, but as said I'll believe it when the official announcement is out.....

I would have thought that a big name opening in Dec is essential, so we'll see what pans out in the next month or so....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭ec18

Paul McCartney's the first gig at the O2

God, I'm sure Sir Paul will set the bar very high for price.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

did anyone else hear the rumours of ac/dc playing at the point next year? :confused::confused:

No but I did hear that they are playing slane every year from 1997 onwards.
    Including the years that slane wasn't on.

• Advertisement

seeing as I already posted the story somewhere else yesterday I'm not going through Blabbermouth to get it again - anyway the new AC/DC album is out Oct 27th (28th in the US) and a new single is to be release in late August - so not too long to wait for new material....

this will be followed by a World Tour - so it's not beyond the the bounds of possibility that they could be playing the Point in Dec - really depends on how they structure the tour, if they decide to play Arenas and come to Europe followed by summer festivals before returning to the US for a full tour there later in 2009 who knows.......Dec in the Point for AC/DC would be cool - would sell out in minutes....

Advertisement