Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gs8400m?

Options
  • 13-07-2008 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭

hey guys i just picked up a m1330 with 2 gigs of ram and the above card with 1.8 duo proccessor for under 600e on adverts, my previous machine i had was a desktop i built myself back in the day for half life 2, i have a 360 for gaming at the moment but am quiet curious what this baby can do, do any of ye chap/chapettes have similar machine or card and what games did ya get running that would be of rescent relese?

cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

it can die.. http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055333078

but before it kicks the bucket it will play source-engine at good though not fantastic levels of quality, and you might even be able to squeeze crysis past it on bare minimum specs but i dont know if your processor quite has enough horsepower for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Overheal wrote: »

but before it kicks the bucket it will play source-engine at good though not fantastic levels of quality, and you might even be able to squeeze crysis past it on bare minimum specs but i dont know if your processor quite has enough horsepower for that.

cheers dude, the only issue i've been having with it since i got iit on thursday is the screen not coming when i flip the lid open when vista is running

• Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

cheers dude, the only issue i've been having with it since i got iit on thursday is the screen not coming when i flip the lid open when vista is running

could be graphics related. dun dun dunn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

A slice of bread would run Source OK...

It's pretty crap for the latest and greatest, though it's great for the games of yesterday like Battlefield 2, Half Life 2, Far Cry, and reasonable for titles like Company of Heroes, Team Fortress 2, so on and so forth. Also capable of belting out Call of Duty 4, Bioshock and the like, though at drastically reduced settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Overheal wrote: »

dammit.....well that sucks the monkey's balls. I spose it would be an idea to send it back n get something done while it's still under warrenty.

I have noticed that the new graphics driver from the dell website has cooled down the card significantly, I can feel that there is no retained heat in the palm pads. However, the battery life has taken a load of buckshot to the balls. Seriouly reduced battery life due to the fan speed up. Literally barely gets through a movie now. Right pain in the balls. I am not impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

dammit.....well that sucks the monkey's balls. I spose it would be an idea to send it back n get something done while it's still under warrenty.

I have noticed that the new graphics driver from the dell website has cooled down the card significantly, I can feel that there is no retained heat in the palm pads. However, the battery life has taken a load of buckshot to the balls. Seriouly reduced battery life due to the fan speed up. Literally barely gets through a movie now. Right pain in the balls. I am not impressed.

....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Emphasis on painful demasculation....I dont know why....but god damn emphasis on it! :mad:

Advertisement