Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last Game(s) You Finished?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Last Finished Halo 3, Prey and Crackdown in quick succession.

Very close to finishing GTA 4 but dragging it out and have decided to go for 100% on it. Will get as much done as possible before finishing the story mission is the aim at the moment.

Ranked 3rd in No More Heroes and just about set to challenge for 2nd place. Great game with good humour. Love the boss bits when you enter the level and their names come up. It's class.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

noodler wrote: »
    First non-FF rpg I have played, and it was very good. Any (ps2) reccommendations?

Hmm, PS2 was no where near as good as the PS1 in this regard. Rogue Galaxy is worth checking out considering you loved Dragon Quest VIII, it's by the same people and meant to be fabulous. I'd recommend Grandia 2 as well, probably the best RPG battle system along with FFX.Shadow Hearts Covenant I've heard good things about, didn't like the first game but the second one is a massive improvement.

If you like SRPGs there's a better selection. All the Nippon Ichi games are great and I'd recommend Stella Deus for something a bit more traditional with a great storyline.

Odin Sphere is a great cross between an RPG and a scrolling beat'em up well worth checking out even if just for the gorgeous visuals and soundtrack.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

SRPG?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Last game I finished was Dark Messiah of Might and Magic on Hardcore.

That was fun. So fun I'm going to play through it again. Sure, the story sucks balls for lack of originality, suspense or even good voice acting, but the brutal visceral hackyslashy close combat makes up for all of that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

SRPG?

Strategy RPGs like Shining Force or Final Fantasy Tactics.

• Advertisement

Okay. Never played tactics Im afraid.

Coolio.

Okay. Never played tactics Im afraid.

Make an effort to change that, it's one of the best games ever :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Just finished Lost Odyssey. Now working on Advance Wars: Dual Strike.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Make an effort to change that, it's one of the best games ever :)

Yeah I have heard about it for years but never had a modded PS1, and am really considering buying a ps3 soon but a psp just to play tactics might be a bridge too far.

Maybe it'll be downloadable in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Hmm, PS2 was no where near as good as the PS1 in this regard. Rogue Galaxy is worth checking out considering you loved Dragon Quest VIII, it's by the same people and meant to be fabulous. I'd recommend Grandia 2 as well, probably the best RPG battle system along with FFX.Shadow Hearts Covenant I've heard good things about, didn't like the first game but the second one is a massive improvement.

If you like SRPGs there's a better selection. All the Nippon Ichi games are great and I'd recommend Stella Deus for something a bit more traditional with a great storyline.

Odin Sphere is a great cross between an RPG and a scrolling beat'em up well worth checking out even if just for the gorgeous visuals and soundtrack.

Am I the only one who has heard of basically none of these games?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I've never heard of half the games Retr0gamer mentions. I reckon he makes them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Sarky wrote: »
    I've never heard of half the games Retr0gamer mentions. I reckon he makes them up.

that's what being retro is all about :P

Sarky wrote: »

lol

Don't tell me you never heard of Soukyugurentai now :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Last game I finished was Grim Fandango (about a month ago). Past its sell by date in my opinion.
    I enjoyed Monkey Island III when I was younger. I found with Grim there were a few occasions I figured out what I was supposed to do but took me ages to figure out exactly how the developers wanted me to do it. Kind of frustrating.
    If adventure games are really your thing then I'd say go for it, otherwise steer clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Seifer wrote: »
    Last game I finished was Grim Fandango (about a month ago). Past its sell by date in my opinion.
    I enjoyed Monkey Island III when I was younger. I found with Grim there were a few occasions I figured out what I was supposed to do but took me ages to figure out exactly how the developers wanted me to do it. Kind of frustrating.
    If adventure games are really your thing then I'd say go for it, otherwise steer clear.

Blasphemy, Grim Fandango is amazing. The more people that experience it the better tbh.

WellyJ wrote: »
    Blasphemy, Grim Fandango is amazing. The more people that experience it the better tbh.

Agreed.

Grim Fandango was an incredible game. There was something magical about it.

Last games I've finished was The World Ends With You. The only problem with DS games is I tend to lose a lot of interest in them half way through. Don't even know what the last game I finished on the PC was.

The game that took me longest to complete was Monkey Island 2 - took a year to complete easy and hard settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Seifer wrote: »

I'm shocked.

Advertisement