Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What you are playing now" thread - Summer Edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Alone in the Dark. Got it cheap in GAME and it's a strange game that I love and hate in equal measures, there are so many good and original ideas in there that are often let down by some of the most basic game design oversights.

Halo 3 remains constantly in the 360 thanks to it's amazing multi-player - Grifball anyone? And I picked up Folklore for the PS3 this afternoon cheap so I'll give that a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

on ps3:team fortress 2
    metal gear solid4(also online)
    cod 4
    battlefield bad company
    oblivion goty

on pc:dont know why but age of empires2
    warhammer dawn of war

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

tman wrote: »
    Yep... Playing the beta of WotLK a hell of a lot (I just love rubbing that in:p)

Ohh yeah, i have a beta key for that...somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Grifball anyone?
    I've been dying to play this for ages. Do you play it in custom games or where? I saw on Bungie.net something about weekends where there are hoppers for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Finished GTA 4 last night and now going to gt into metal gear having not played mgs 1,2 or 3!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Finished San Andreas this evening, despite it saying I only have about 63% of the game complete. Having gone looking for all that missing percentage in previous gta games I think I'll give it a miss. Gears of war is in the post so will tear into that when it arrives. Been a very productive Summer so far ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Im thinking about getting LOst Oddyssey tomorrow so hopefully it will give me something to do. But with work I don't get time to game anymore.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

fitz0 wrote: »
    Im thinking about getting LOst Oddyssey tomorrow so hopefully it will give me something to do. But with work I don't get time to game anymore.:(

Thumbs up. Great game if you have time on to spare. Really grows on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

PC:
    BioShock
    GTA San Andreas multiplayer*
    COD4

PS3:
    GTA IV
    Oblivion
    Lost (crap)
    MGS4

* shut up, it's brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ShinjiIkari

fitz0 wrote: »
    Im thinking about getting LOst Oddyssey tomorrow so hopefully it will give me something to do. But with work I don't get time to game anymore.frown.gif

Absolutely recommended also, 27.99 on play too. Bargain.
    Make sure you can spare at least an hour every time you play, the spacing of save points is one of my only complaints with this game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

I'm playing:

DS:
    Castlevania Portrait of Ruin (first Castelvania game, enjoying this one)
    Anno 1701 (this one is hardly ever out of my DS for the past year:))

PS2:
    Metal Gear Solid 3 (Great game, replaying the whole series so that i might get a PS3 for the 4th soon)

PC:
    Dreamfall (Was in the middle of this but got bored recently, overrated!)

Wii
    Pro Evo 2008 (Hardly out of the Wii the past 3 months)
    Mario Galaxy (Must get around to finishing this soon, overrated as well, not a patch on Mario World or New Super Mario Bros.)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

FF6. DQ:VIII. C&C: Kane's wrath.
    Pes2008 periodically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

360 games I'll be playing are Soul Calibur IV, Top Spin 3, Alone in the Dark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

just started metroid fusion on the GBA, liking it a lot so far

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Like a poster above, I finally went back to GTA IV last weekend and finished it off. Lovely game. Picked up the first Condemned for cheap in Tesco a few weeks back so gonna pop that in next. Also, been bashing away with Civ Rev on the DS and wondering if I should get it for the grown up consoles?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Orange Box - Episode 2, really don't want it to end!
    Viva Pinata - Like crack (I beat up a girl today to feel manly.)
    GoW - Again, to feel manly after collecting all those Pinata)

Wii
    Gathering Dust

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Have had a hankering for the Point n' Click genre of late

- Currently making my way through Secret Files: Tunguska on the DS and its not bad.

- And have fired up Fahrenheit again on the PC. Visuals are dated now but narrative and soundtrack are superb :)

Will be playing FFIVDS as soon as it arrives on Sat (i hope), so much finish Tunguska quick.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

In the middle of a lot of games at the moment:

Wii: SSMB
    360: Rock Band, Eternal Sonata
    PSP: Me and My Katamari, Loco Roco, GTA Vice City Stories (and soon to start MGS PO)
    DS: The World Ends With You
    PS3: Devil May Cry 4, but won't have a chance to finish it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭hoppo254

FFVII Psx on my PSP. Played Crisis core on psp and it made me wanna play VII. Will probably watch Advent Children tonight and pick up Dirge of Cerberus over the weekend (although ive heard it isnt great)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Im currently going thru a phase of playing the original Formula 1 from the PS1! The graphics might be dated, but its still a lot of fun and Murrays commentary is legendary!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Haven't bought anything new in a while. I replayed the Half Life series recently, and played around with Tomb Raider Legend and Anniversary again. I mostly stick to Team Fortress 2 these days. Can't wait for Half Life 2: Episode 3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

www.iracing.com pretty much any gaming time i have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I got C&C Generals deluxe edition for really cheap, So i just finished the normal campaign and ill move onto the expansion pack soon.

I play every game on the xbox live, depends what mood I'm in, if i just want to chill out, ill play GTA IV on free mode ripping it around in a fast car. And if i want some competitive gaming, Ill play gears of war or halo 3.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just finished playing, or should that be watching, the brilliant MGS4, lovely stuff.
    Now I am turning my attention back to GTA4, Burnout Paradise and Gran Turismo 5 Prologue.
    My attentions should soon be further diverted soon, as the workmen will soon be finished putting in the stairs to my games room, and I can play all my retro goodies once again, I had a good session on the Vectrex Asteroids clone and it's brilliant, forget Asteroids on XBLA, get Vecteroids and be happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

PC: Team Fortress 2... it's taken over any addiction i had to DOD or CSS, combined.

360: Getting back into halo3 and mass effect

PS3: Battlefield, GT5P and back to FIFA amidst all the 09 hype

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Never finished Psychonauts, so I'm doing that now. Same with GTA Vice City
    MooseJam wrote: »
    just started metroid fusion on the GBA, liking it a lot so far

Good craic, quite Super Metroid-esque.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Ive been playing a lot of everquest 2 (too much).
    And a PC game called Mount & Blade, if anyone knows it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Just started playing Battlefield 2142 again recently out of boredom last weekend, actually really enjoying it this time around. When I first bought it I quite after a few weeks, but they've since patched it a few times and it's actually a pretty decent game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Im playing company of heros at the moment,I cant stop playing it,i have 50 million other new games I could be playing,but all I play is coh :eek::pac:.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 giggsy99

America's Army (Online FPS- free on PC),
    Ghost Recon 2 (Xbox, got back into it recently),
    Ninja Gaiden (Xbox again, great game),
    Pro Evo 6 (a classic on ps2),
    Halo 3 (360).

Oh, and Forza 2.

Advertisement