Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postcounts dropping?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Boo hoo hoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Karoma wrote: »
    Boo hoo hoo.
    who do i send my written complaint to? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Simplicity

nevf wrote: »
    who do i send my written complaint to? :pac:

PearTree House//

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

/checks postcount

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I don't really mind Boards. Take away my post count if you like. It's hardly important. I know the majority of them in my case is pure waffle anyways! :o:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Amz wrote: »
    Did a certain forum or something stop contributing towards post count?

Yes,I asked Cult to stop the posts counting on the Soccer Access forum.I did not want to have 100s of my posts just been 'granted'.

This should only effect the Soccer Mods.Do you lot post much on the Soccer forum...?maybe Cult changed the main soccer forum instead of the Subforum.Just a taught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

No.

I don't have access, and only lurk there, and I think I'm down.

I was near enough to the thousand, be that 7, 8, 9, I dunno (but looking to the left, probably 7k). Someone remarked on it to me t'other day on msn, which is why I recall.

edit: Not that it matters in the least, I'm sure CuLT has bigger bugs to be swatting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Dub13 wrote: »
    Yes,I asked Cult to stop the posts counting on the Soccer Access forum.I did not want to have 100s of my posts just been 'granted'.

This should only effect the Soccer Mods.Do you lot post much on the Soccer forum...?maybe Cult changed the main soccer forum instead of the Subforum.Just a taught.
    Eh, I seriously doubt that's it. I don't think I've ever posted in that forum more than once or twice, if at all.

It's not the type of forum that would affect so many people's post count so dramatically.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

It's not the type of forum that would affect so many people's post count so dramatically.

It would if he did it to the main Soccer forum by mistake.

Dub13 wrote: »
    It would if he did it to the main Soccer forum by mistake.

No...

Even if he did it to Sports, it certainly wouldn't affect me to the extent that I would notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hagar only has 48 posts in Soccer. This is exciting, what can the answer be?! Shall we take bets? I reckon it's a Sys forum cull, maybe Feedback.

Well, I've only a handful of posts in that forum, not the number that my post count appears to have fallen by.

Gordon wrote: »
    Hagar only has 48 posts in Soccer. This is exciting, what can the answer be?! Shall we take bets? I reckon it's a Sys forum cull, maybe Feedback.

Definitely a cull I reckon. I've posted in all my usual haunts today, and for the first time ever, I'm watching the ticker go up ;)

edit:@Amz: How many do you think you've lost? I'm guessing around four five hundred, or fourteen/fifteen hundred-probably the former going on what others say.

Ooh the excitement!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I haven't noticed that much of a drop, less than 100 I'd say. I'm sure I probably have more than that in Feedback, and definitely more in Soccer, so I don't think it's either of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I used to have over 4,000. :(

Anyone know the answer to this?

edit:@Amz: How many do you think you've lost? I'm guessing around four five hundred, or fourteen/fifteen hundred-probably the former going on what others say.

Ooh the excitement!

It's only a couple of hundred, I only really knew approximately how many I had as I was surprised at how quickly I was nearing 12,000 and thought to myself I'd take a wee break when I reached that number.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Your dicks are all going to fall off!!!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

It's only a couple of hundred, I only really knew approximately how many I had as I was surprised at how quickly I was nearing 12,000 and thought to myself I'd take a wee break when I reached that number.

Well there's your answer-someone doesn't want you to take that break :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I can't really tell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

BuffyBot wrote: »
    I can't really tell.
    What he said.

Edit: Phew, I see Sherifus alright for the time being. No need for the suicide watch just yet it seems...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Best mystery ever. CuLT in rec with the server imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I seem to have lost about 50. Remember going over 7k posts a couple of weeks ago.

Meh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Brings me back. :) Random vBulletin shenanigans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

These threads are great for outing those who care about their postcounts :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Unless CuLT did extra hacking, when postcount is turned of in a forum - it doesnt deduct previous posts in that forum from your overall postcount.

So, if everybody was posting in Feedback and had each over 100 posts each from posting there and CuLT disabled post count for the Feedback forum - it wont remove the 100 or so posts from your postcount but any future posts in Feedback wont be counted. UNLESS, someone made a script to do so.

In this case, thats very unlikely.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I thought it would, as moving a thread to somewhere where there is no postcount lessens your postcount.

Rb wrote: »
    These threads are great for outing those who care about their postcounts :D

I'm surprised grimes isn't back complaining. :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I thought it would, as moving a thread to somewhere where there is no postcount lessens your postcount.

Everytime you post, it checks a few different things before going live. I assume it checks to see if the forum allows postcount increases for posting in it, and if so, adds to your postcount. If not, it doesn't increase your post count and carrys on. If disabled later on, when a post is being made the script checks again does posting in the forum add to the post count and finds out that it doesn't - so doesn't add to your postcount.

I doubt there is any script that runs over each user who posted in that forum and decreases their postcount. That would be a lot of resources to use.

(I could be wrong of course).

• Advertisement

I'll just test this and see...

edit: It decreases you postcount if you move it to another forum that has postcount == all right, I doubt it takes up too much resources.

Advertisement