Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postcounts dropping?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Bah I'm down about 100 posts. And I was hoping to be at 10,000 by next month :mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I'll just test this and see...

edit: It decreases you postcount if you move it to another forum that has postcount == all right, I doubt it takes up too much resources.

I think thats a bit different then just turning of the option tho... can you imagine if they did that in AH, and the amount of checks it would have to do and postcount--; ?

Im probably wrong tho. Its probably no harm at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

It does not mean your penis is any smaller, not something really to worry about. Remember its the quality of the post which really counts. I do choose to ignore that most of the time. I don't even know what my actual postcount is anyway it's been altered so many times :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I've no idea if I lost any. Last time I looked I was somewhere between 5-6k posts...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I did glance a my post count earlier and thought last time i looked it was higher but I don't pay a super amount of attention to it so I can't be sure. Interesting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

sorry don't mind me I am just posting to see what my post count is

edit 5671 it seems. man I'm a waster

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I think I may have lost 500, was above 9K anyway last I looked.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I would like the posts lost paid back in time please. That way I can waste it on boards again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

whats your thoughts on turning off postcount?
    It seems a bit pointless for normal users to need to see.

edit: Almost 5k posts, jesus if only the boss knew ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I seem to have lost about 100 - 200, maybe ? I only know becasue my posts per day dropped to 2.88. I was working on getting that number up :o

Must be somewhere I post often then ... No idea where to even start guessing ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

/posts to see his postcount.

EDIT: Yep, I reckon there's some missing (not many though).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

postcount +1?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

/checking. Don't know why, I haven't got a scooby doo what it was though.

Maybe CuLT removed the post count from the 'bitch about a user' mod sub-forum. That would account for Hagar being so badly hit.

On another note, feedback should be postcount -1, just for a larf.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Post count check...

Edit...
    Nope still have all of my mighty 500ish posts.....

I have to lurk less...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I'm guessing it is Feeback or the Reported Posts Forum.
    I post a lot in those forums and have dropped a few hundred, was nearly at 22,000 (I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Beruthiel wrote: »
    I'm guessing it is Feeback or the Reported Posts Forum.

well this will tell if it is feedback

edit: no I got +1 there so not feedback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

test

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I lost around a hundred I think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Maybe CuLT removed the post count from the 'bitch about a user' mod sub-forum. That would account for Hagar being so badly hit.
    That brought a wry smile.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I have no idea how many posts I have, even though it is displayed beside every single post I've ever made. In fact I don't even know if I've ever posted, or even what my username is.

That's how much I don't care that some posts might be missing from my count!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,106 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I must start spamming to get my couple of hundred back :cool:

Dades wrote: »
    I don't even know if I've ever posted, or even what my username is.
    Multiple accounts have that effect on people :D

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

There are a lot of words in this thread, so rather than read through to see if anyone actually posted the solution, I will :)

Postcount has been disabled on several forums over the last year (most notably the Reported Posts forum, and yesterday Soccer Access Requests). This just would have prevented posts from going up thereafter in those forums.

I regenerated postcounts boardswide yesterday, this is a task that is not run very often. As a result, it has rolled all these changes into one, causing some significant drops.

emot_ms.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 30,269 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

SeriousCat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I feel sorry for those who posted celebratory 10000 posts threads and who now have less than that.

But really I don't feel sorry for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

CuLT wrote: »
    There are a lot of words in this thread, so rather than read through to see if anyone actually posted the solution, I will :)

Postcount has been disabled on several forums over the last year (most notably the Reported Posts forum, and yesterday Soccer Access Requests). This just would have prevented posts from going up thereafter in those forums.

I regenerated postcounts boardswise yesterday, this is a task that is not run very often. As a result, it has rolled all these changes into one, causing some significant drops.

emot_ms.gif
    Hmmm... I've never posted in Soccer Access Requests and I'm guessing I've very few (if any) posts in the Reported Posts forum.

I guess that means that my postcount was this small all along. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

janeybabe wrote: »
    But really I don't feel sorry for them!

Just wait till you make your 10k post ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Just wait till you make your 10k post ;)
    You appear to have gained some posts.

*snigger*

janeybabe wrote: »
    I feel sorry for those who posted celebratory 10000 posts threads and who now have less than that.
    But sure they get to celebrate again ;)

Like having two birthdays in the one year :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Rb wrote: »
    These threads are great for outing those who care about their postcounts :D

Indeed.

;)

Advertisement