Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CD DECKS HELP

• 13-07-2008 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

hey all,
    getting a new set of cd players in the next few weeks and i need some advice:confused:
    At the moment i have a choice between 2 second hand sets,one being a set of denon dns 1000's and the others being stanton c 314's..,and im not sure which to go for.
    iv used the denons before and found them good,but iv never used stanton cd decks....

any advice/opinions welcome!

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

denon,avoid stanton.
    can i ask what your budget is

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭VODKA-MAN

seannash wrote: »
    denon,avoid stanton.
    can i ask what your budget is

can i ask why?is it a reliabilty/function issue?as i said iv never used stanton cd players before.

budget is about 500-600.
    i can get the denons for 500 and the guy selling the stanton wants 650(seems a bit overpriced for second hand).the denons seem like a good deal:confused:

denon have a great reputation with cd decks.anything ive tryed from stanton just doesnt cut it imo
    dns 1000s got really good reviews in magazines
    if you wanted to play it safe you could probably pick up a pair of pioneer cdj 800s for that price on ebay
    just look up reviews of both decks

denon have a great reputation with cd decks.anything ive tryed from stanton just doesnt cut it imo
    dns 1000s got really good reviews in magazines
    if you wanted to play it safe you could probably pick up a pair of pioneer cdj 800s for that price on ebay
    just look up reviews of both decks

i have looked up reviews,and they have been mostly positive for both cd players.The guy i know is selling the stanton for 650euro,is this a fair price?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭cono121

VODKA-MAN wrote: »

budget is about 500-600.
    i can get the denons for 500 and the guy selling the stanton wants 650(seems a bit overpriced for second hand).the denons seem like a good deal:confused:

Keep your money, and save for a pair of pioneers, CDJ 800's, i have a pair. An extra 400 quid should get you there.
    There quality man, reliable, robust, never have any problems and not very different from the club industry standard the cdj 1000's!

When buying dj equipment, my advice, is go for the pio's and technics...
    I do like stanton though, i have 2x stanton st8-150, best turntable around although haven't a clue of there cd decks?

• Advertisement

cono121 wrote: »
    2x stanton st8-150, best turntable around although haven't a clue of there cd decks?
    id say alot of people would people would disagree with you on that one.imo there turntables arent great,same for there cd players.
    i do agree with your advice about saving though,he wont regret it

id say alot of people would people would disagree with you on that one.imo there turntables arent great,same for there cd players.

Yup, i no...lol
    I no i no...Technics. You cant beat a turntable that has been and still around for, what is it...30 years or something...:eek:
    But personally i prefer my stantons, but still love 1210's

Yep best option in my view, save, cause if you talk to most djs/bedroom djs...etc I would say 70% of them end up upgrading to the industry standards or something very close...i.e stanton st8-150's :p, after forking out God knows hows much money on other pieces of equipment, in the long run its better.

well not only technics but vestax too.stanton imo arent great,useable yes but not great.not saying you cant mix on them.
    but thats neither here nor there.
    my choice would be
    1.save for pioneer 800s
    2.denons
    3.pioneer cdj 200s
    4 stanton cd players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

clearly you've never used the stanton str8 150's - fecking unreal deck, i give out any time i have to use bloody technics

:D

• Advertisement

clearly you've never used the stanton str8 150's - fecking unreal deck, i give out any time i have to use bloody technics
    i have actually.
    it doesnt cut the mustard imo.
    giving out whenever you have to use a technic,well i think most people would be happy to have the industry standard in front of them,but not you i guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Luke! Broughan

Go denon.

the japanese get it right.all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Luke! Broughan

if you have a joice between stanton and denon,and both are the same price,get the denon's.

stay well away from stanton,they just dont last as long as the pioneer or denon.

someone mentioned pioneer CDj 200's,well,these cd decks arent made anymore,try n go for the pioneer cdj 400 if its going second hand.

and another tip with buying second hand dj gear,always go for stuff thats still in production,if at all possible.....trust me,youll thank me on your wedding night.....

if you have a joice between stanton and denon,and both are the same price,get the denon's.

stay well away from stanton,they just dont last as long as the pioneer or denon.

someone mentioned pioneer CDj 200's,well,these cd decks arent made anymore,try n go for the pioneer cdj 400 if its going second hand.

and another tip with buying second hand dj gear,always go for stuff thats still in production,if at all possible.....trust me,youll thank me on your wedding night.....

hey all,
    thanks for all the replies they have really helped!.....i ended up buying a pair of denons new from thomann.de:)they were delivered last wednesday,think i made the right decision im very impressed with them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

CDJ 400s are better than the 200s - Mackie out in Aquarius, Celbridge has them in stock at a decent price . . .otherwise go all out for 800s. You'll regret not spending the extra bit when you have to sell and buy brand new if you want to upgrade but if you've only started djing buy cheap to ensure its not a fad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

claiming the stanton decks, while good, are as good as THE industry standard (when people still used vinyl!!!) is madness i have used the stantons and owned two sets of technics back in the day and i know which i would prefer...

Advertisement