Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which dealer?

Options
  • 13-07-2008 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone dealt with these folks?

1. Bill Griffin motors - I went over to them during the week. They had a car I liked, but refused to budge on the price, on the basis that it was the lowest on the internet.

2. Car Nation Bray - plan to drop in this week, seem to have good prices. I found mixed reviews about them on boards.

3. Webb Motors, South Circular Rd. - plan to drop in this week.

If none of the above, can you mention the dealer from where you have bought a car, and what your experience was like?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Are you buying a car or having a popularity contest?

At the end of the day you'll have to make a decision on a type of car and a price your willing to pay for it. Some body's going to have to sell it to you

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I can't see the problem checking whether boardsies have dealt with a particular garage, especially with all the horror stories that pop up here

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

depending on what ya want to buy, I have bought two cars from Lismard Autoworld in Portlaois.
    I found them very good service wise as well...
    You are right to ask..best of luck in the hunt:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭ibook

>Are you buying a car or having a popularity contest?

Most certainly trying to buy a car. After a LOT of research and helpful advice from boardsies, I've decided on 3 models that suit my budget.

Oblivious to a certain dealers history, I went over to them and realized they were quoting 1000 Euros above their ads carzone.ie price. My experience with them, plus a clocking issue mentioned with their garage on boards will ensure I take my business elsewhere.

Please feel free to PM me opinions that can't be mentioned on the forum.

@Hotwheels, thanks for the recommendation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I haven't dealt with any of these garages, but I would adhere to a personal rule that if a salesman lies to me or deliberately misleads/mis-advises me, I walk immediately with no regrets.

Honest mistakes are ok, but not assumptions/lies - if you don't have a documented, verifiable service history, you can't say Full Service History on your ad.

I had a friend that was looking at buying a Yaris last week from a dealer. Car was advertised, well prices and well presented. When her dad went to talk to the dealer he said the car was being sold as is and would not offer a warranty on the car at all.
    Her dad walked away from the deal.
    I fully agree with that - all dealers should offer a warranty on cars they sell, and if they advertise a car online to punters but refuse to offer warranty and will only sell "as is", then that rings alarm bells in my head and would cause me to walk away.

Go and visit a few dealers.
    Know what you want and how much you want to spend.
    Find a salesperson that you trust.
    Make sure nothing seems too good to be true or smells fishy.
    Look for recommendations rather than a lack of bad reviews. A recommendation is worth it's weight in gold.

• Advertisement
Advertisement