Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football forum & website partner

Options
  • 13-07-2008 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭

First of all, I realise this might be the wrong forum, it's just I found it difficult to find a proper category for this to go in!

I've always had a passion to create and run a successful football forum and recently made on called Fans' Football Network.com. With lots of help from a great designer and another person in creating the site it finally got going, however it's tough going on my own and I'd just like to get out there whether or not a person is feeling similar to myself, and would they help in the running of the site (keeping forum up-to-date and spam-free, posting new articles to main site etc...)

I'd really appreciate a reply via PM or simply here!

Thanks,
    Eire

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Perhaps this might be better suited in the Soccer/GAA forum as appropriate. Better to check with those forums mods before posting just in case, however...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Perhaps this might be better suited in the Soccer/GAA forum as appropriate. Better to check with those forums mods before posting just in case, however...

I was thinking the same thing. Sounds like you want football enthusiasts to help you with an already built website. Rather than web developers/designers to build it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I suppose your right, but do I get permission from the moderators of the Soccer forum first before anyone can move it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Okay well to get on topic : I've ran a few forums in my time and generally if you have a bit of time (an hour a day I'd say) you should be able to run it by yourself until it gets very popular. There are things out there to help prevent spambots registering and posting, and generally your forum shouldn't suffer too much spam.
    If you have any dedicated members you could ask them if they'd like mod/admin status to help around. Usually the novelty means they'll be happy to do so.
    Feel free to PM me any questions. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Thanks for your help Walsho, but I've found a very helpful person from this ad and we're already planning for the future of this site.

Thanks,
    ED

• Advertisement
Advertisement