Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

metallica now dire live?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭dbs_sailor

yea hes pretty mental, seen him when they played in 2005.

except he's pathetically bad.

thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

lyndy wrote: »
    The reason why Metallica play headline outdoor arenas is because they play what the majority of people want and like to hear,QOTSA-Megadeth are fantastic bands but headline acts at a 30,000+ person gig ????

Fact is most other acts are headline at the Ambassador to a couple of hundred people.

Well what bout QOTSA supporting Smashing Pumpkins in New Zealand? A band that size supporting them(or co-headlining, whatever they call it nowadays). Most people would just want to hear the popular songs, but it didnt hppen, and its cooler that way.

But if ya wanna compare headline only...try Pearl Jam! Much much better than pretty much everything out there.

Oh, and please dont think I'm totally anti-Metallica here, the only thing I hate about them is the rarely changing setlist.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Ross Mc wrote: »
    Where is For Whom The Bell Tolls
    More importantly, where is Whiplash?
    or Battery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

tonights setlist from bergen,norway. it's pretty varied and they played breadfan and my favourite song,leper messiah:D

Creeping Death
    For Whom The Bell Tolls
    Ride The Lightning
    Leper Messiah
    The Unforgiven
    Breadfan
    ...And Justice For All
    Bleeding Me
    No Remorse
    Master Of Puppets
    Damage, Inc.
    Nothing Else Matters
    Sad But True
    One
    Enter Sandman
    - - - - -
    Last Caress
    So What
    Seek and Destroy

pro shot vid of the intro to bellz and ride from last nights show in norway. you'll love it or hate it i guess:rolleyes:

http://www1.nrk.no/nett-tv/distrikt/ndho/verdi/65395

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

I'm not really knocking QoTSA or Pearl Jam here;), but I saw them both live. Once was far too often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

redfan wrote: »
    im bringin my eldest kid simply to see jack black hahahahah

Im bringing myself to see Metallica, my fave band for nigh on 14 years now.

Ha indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

lord lucan wrote: »
    pro shot vid of the intro to bellz and ride from last nights show in norway. you'll love it or hate it i guess:rolleyes:

http://www1.nrk.no/nett-tv/distrikt/ndho/verdi/65395
    Cant seem to get the vid working, anyonw else having problems with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 TheMelodyOfRain

There's something very contrived about their stage presence these years. Its just not as fluid as it once was. The performance seems 'forced'; too deliberate.

Yea its very rehearsed and rehashed, no spontinuity about it. Its fake as hell and the fans can see through it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Mr Tim Buktoo

that rock am gid they showed on mtv was from 2006 not 2008. the bastards. im going to see them in august for the first time so hopefully wont be too disappointed . agree about lars tho. **** drummer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

There's something very contrived about their stage presence these years. Its just not as fluid as it once was. The performance seems 'forced'; too deliberate.

Ah ha...this person has hit the nail on the head!

Patricide wrote: »
    Yea its very rehearsed and rehashed, no spontinuity about it. Its fake as hell and the fans can see through it.

which is why they continue to sell out shows all over the world i guess:rolleyes:

Theyl always sell out shows regardless its metallica, That doesnt mean there shows are good. Therel always be the new younger generation looking forward to there first metallica gig aswell as the guys who never seen em before and the die hard fans who are expecting that theyl change up there show.

Me hell id go check em out live but the whole way they talk to the crowd just makes me cringe...i mean cmon, Metallica loves you. Its grand when your drunk but when your sober u realise the cheese factor. At the end of the day though im there for the choons.

Patricide wrote: »
    Me hell id go check em out live but the whole way they talk to the crowd just makes me cringe...i mean cmon, Metallica loves you. Its grand when your drunk but when your sober u realise the cheese factor. At the end of the day though im there for the choons.

gotta agree on that. i don't pay much attention to the onstage banter anymore,it usually consists of "we love you","you're the craziest crowd we've ever played to" and the ever faithful lars with "we'll see you next year".:p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Its very easy to Metallica bash. Ive enjoyed all their live gigs ive seen. (ive seen all in ireland bar the gig in the Top Hat). Some have been better than others, but as a stand alone concert they were great.

Given the band has been gigging for 26 years now, its not easy to put on top class shows each time.

I always find the quality deteriorates with some festivals gigs, it almost seems like set ups and sound are rushed. Best example was the Freddie Mercury gig where Metallica's sound was really poor and the music suffered as a result. HOwever one of their documentaries showed that they had very little control over the sound on the day.

Advertisement