Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Media Sat SMTP mail server

Options
  • 13-07-2008 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

a friend has media sat and i cant seem to get the correct outgoing SMTP server

does anyone know it

tks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It would be astounding if it worked :)

http://b-dsl.net/
    Due to unforeseen circumstances Mediasatellite Ireland Ltd is no longer in a position to service or support consumer satellite broadband. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your custom.
    Note: The network is presently reactivated and more information will follow in relation to continuation of service beyond Mediasatellite 21st March 2008

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

However if the connection is working, it may now be another ISP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

And a different smtp server would therefore seem to be de riguer :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭tech

i knew they were bought out, but I still cant find a smtp outgoing that will work :(

aaagggghhh

You need to identify which ISP you are now with. Various previous customers are on different ISPs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

We have a client in the same boat, it appears digiweb bought mediasat's subscriber base, the former mediasat address range is being listed as belonging to digiweb by RIPE. We have tried to use smtp.digiweb.ie (as instructed by digiweb tech support) but the mails are being rejected, it seems mediasat address range has yet to be trusted for relaying by smtp.digiweb.ie.

REGI start whipping your lads into shape and get it sorted out or i'll resort to giving you a hiding for 10 minutes on DM4 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Short Grass

tech wrote: »
    a friend has media sat and i cant seem to get the correct outgoing SMTP server

does anyone know it

tks
    Digiweb did not buy out MediaSat. National Broadband Ltd www.nbb.ie bought the assets of MediaSat (in liquidation).
    I am sure if you contact NBB they will be able to solve your problems.

Not entirely true.

It may depend on who supplied the MediaSat VSAT.

Ring whoever is taking money from you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Short Grass

If somebody is taking money from him then for certain he should ask that person. If, as I suspect, nobody is dealing with him due to the demise of Mediasat then I suggest that he contact National Broadband to start the ball rolling.

If somebody is taking money from him then for certain he should ask that person. If, as I suspect, nobody is dealing with him due to the demise of Mediasat then I suggest that he contact National Broadband to start the ball rolling.

Or eircom or Digiweb.

• Advertisement
Advertisement