Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travellers On Carrickpherish Road.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Jesus Sully, you are gone way down in my estimation, the real daily rag ffs..:D

I was getting my hair cut the other day and while I was waiting I picked yp a daily mail, had to have a shower when I got home....I still feel dirty :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Phsyche

Sully wrote: »
    Wasnt a sign of any guard outside A&E last night anyway. Only guards I saw was at the enterance to the Williamstown site, they had those lights setup that are used when doing CSI stuff during the night (without the tent :p). Looks like they were stopping everyone coming and going.

Is this it?

busy1.JPG

(am I going to get in trouble for this?)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

dlofnep wrote: »
    Here's the thing. This shouldn't be noted as an attack against hte travelling community. I wouldn't mind if they had nowhere to park up, and just parked up for a day - cleaning up after them. But that's not the case. They park up for however long it suits them, destroy the area with litter and fires, and never clean it up after them. They get away with it because society lets them get away with it.

RE: Bringing the army in.

If the Gardaí aren't going to enforce the law, then who is going to? What will happen is what happened a few years back up yonder. Local folk will create vigilante groups out of lack of faith with An Gardaí and it won't be a pretty sight.

Locals are a lot more afraid of them then the the Guards. Dont listen to some of posters here, there full of ****e. They winge and complain but they would never stand up to a traveller and tell them where to go.

The Army cant do anything about it either. There is no laws in place to deal with it. Its an issue the government just refuses to deal with and blocks out. Not even the opposition discuss it.

Its their way of living and we have to respect that. We should accommodate them so they don't have to take over side of our roads. They should be fined just like everyone else for violating any laws. But, at the moment, nobody will do anything at all despite winge.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Jesus Sully, you are gone way down in my estimation, the real daily rag ffs..:D

I usually get the Irish Indo / Irish Times but I get the Daily Mail sometimes because its cheap and does the job. Its nothing like the red tops.

But yes, I know, its not the best paper. Sometimes the Irish Times has nothing but politics though, which can get annoying despite my interest in the area :p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sully, well said,

• Advertisement

Phsyche wrote: »
    Is this it?

busy1.JPG

(am I going to get in trouble for this?)

Yup... its fine and is the correct place. Nobody can be seen in the picture, so im sure nobody will complain :)

Cabaal wrote: »
    Sully, well said,

See, The Daily Mail isnt that dirty that I can make an educated response :P

See, The Daily Mail isnt that dirty that I can make an educated response :P

twas in response to this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56571533&postcount=34 though

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Cabaal wrote: »

thats kinda gay to be honest. one on one most people would, and a lot have, stood up to or told the pavee's to f*ck off. but one on three or four is a discussion nobody is gonna win

longshanks wrote: »
    thats kinda gay to be honest. one on one most people would, and a lot have, stood up to or told the pavee's to f*ck off.

First I ever heard of it!

• Advertisement

which doesn't mean it doesn't happen

edit: why only quote half what i said?

which doesn't mean it doesn't happen

Well then, it very rarely happens. It certinally doesn't happen that much!
    edit: why only quote half what i said?

Because I was replying to only that part of your post?!

Well then, it very rarely happens. It certinally doesn't happen that much!?!

well if you say it, it must be true. cheerio, i'll leave you to your daily mail

well if you say it, it must be true. cheerio, i'll leave you to your daily mail

Sound man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

There certainly seems to be a more noticable Garda pressence in Waterford over the last few days... i have seen more patrols and stops etc... i was away on holidays and only returned on sunday evening and as i was dropping one of the lads home out by ardkeen direction i even said to him "man, something is going down here, i have seen way to may cops since we crossed the bridge for a normal sunday" then low and behold when i arrived into work monday morning i heard all the news.. i was crossing the bridge last night about 12am and they had a checkpoint on it.. but not your usual one car checkpoint.. there was 2 vans and a car and a lot of manpower.. wonder were they expecting a few more down from some of the families?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

Gardaí stopping people in Birchwood today and since the weekend.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

south wrote: »
    Gardaí stopping people in Birchwood today and since the weekend.

Thats where all the action was over the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Apparently they've moved from the Carrickpherish road today. Something must have happened or been said because they have been there for yonks!

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

They'll be back.

One week. Two, tops.

Started a fire on Hennesys Road. Apparently there has been an arson attempt every night since Saturday and one has only been sucesfully. Believed to be related.

One person charged so far with assault causing harm

• Advertisement

Started a fire on Hennessy's Road. Apparently there has been an arson attempt every night since Saturday and one has only been successfully. Believed to be related.

One person charged so far with assault causing harm

I passed by there at around 1pm today and there was a hole in the from window, possibly caused by throwing a petrol bomb in through it. The house was unoccupied at the time.

There still seem to be an awful lot of guarda activity around the city alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Was all this something to do with an organised fight last saturday? Heard the eru were around as well

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

angry_fox wrote: »
    Was all this something to do with an organised fight last saturday? Heard the eru were around as well

Yep, the gardz wit gunz.

Pretty hectic what's goin on this week. Kinda has me asking why it's still happening, are they not gonna arrest anyone until someone get's killed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

I know of a fella in mooncoin who stood up to a traveller a few years ago, he ended up with 28 stitches in his face.

Ordinary people are AFRAID to stand up to the travellers because they know that they could probably end up in hospital if they did. A lot of travellers don't give a crap about what laws they break as they know theres less chance of them being brought to book for it than a settled person. And then the travellers have the likes of the equality authority and pavee point sticking up for them and not criticising them as well.

Three charged over Waterford violence
    Wednesday, 16 July 2008 17:15

Three more men have been charged in relation to an on-going feud and fighting between families from the Travelling community in Waterford city.

Willie Burke, 22, from St Herblain Park and 27-year-old John Burke of Kilcohan Park, appeared at Waterford District Court earlier today in connection with an assault on Christopher Stokes on Saturday afternoon.

Mr Stokes is still recovering in hospital following an incident at the Six Cross Roads in the city on Saturday.
    Advertisement

A third man, Thomas Quilligan, 36, and from Carrickpherish, Waterford was also before the court. He is charged with the possession of ammunition.

Yesterday, 24-year-old Anthony McDonagh from Aisling Court, Waterford was remanded in custody, also charged with carrying out an assault on Mr Stokes causing him harm on Saturday.

Mr Stokes remains in a critical but stable condition in intensive care at Waterford Regional Hospital, while a strong garda presence remains in place there and at other locations in the city.

All three men before the court today were remanded in custody by Judge Elizabeth McGrath and are due to appear at a sitting of the court again next Tuesday.

There was a large garda presence at the courthouse today, which was sealed off for a time before and during the court hearing.

So we now can take it that last night petrol bomb on a house on Hennessey's road (Aisling Court)was part of this on going fued.

Link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think we can. All the mayhem has been well away from where these scumbags actually live.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Why have so many of them taken up "residence" in Waterford in recent times? I dont think Waterford has had this problem before or at least not as bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

There are actually a good few stories about travellers messing witht he wrong people. But, in fairness, the average person just can't. You live in a fixed place where it's very easy to get at you. And you can be sure they know a lot more people willing to get rough than you do, so it's really a tough situation to be in.

So we now can take it that last night petrol bomb on a house on Hennessey's road (Aisling Court)was part of this on going fued.

First time I ever heard Hennessy's road called that!

Does anyone have any detail/anecdotal evidence of the very first incident in all of this? Out on the Six Cross Roads I believe?

nkay1985 wrote: »
    First time I ever heard Hennessy's road called that!

Aisling Court is a small little development just off Hennessys Road. It past Blakes Lane and before Bunkers Hill as you head towards town direction.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Aisling Court is a small little development just off Hennessys Road. It past Blakes Lane and before Bunkers Hill as you head towards town direction.

That little place in on the right with the birch trees?

Advertisement