Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travellers On Carrickpherish Road.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I know of a fella in mooncoin who stood up to a traveller a few years ago, he ended up with 28 stitches in his face.

Ordinary people are AFRAID to stand up to the travellers because they know that they could probably end up in hospital if they did. A lot of travellers don't give a crap about what laws they break as they know theres less chance of them being brought to book for it than a settled person. And then the travellers have the likes of the equality authority and pavee point sticking up for them and not criticising them as well.

Agreed. But, in life in general, a lot of people tend to avoid confrontation but more so in the case of a traveller. I know I certainly wouldn't stand up to a lot of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Aisling Court is a small little development just off Hennessys Road. It past Blakes Lane and before Bunkers Hill as you head towards town direction.

Oh that's what that place is called. You learn something new every day.

Front page news in the Waterford Today anyway. Not saying too much. Reactions from city councillors and a few small facts.

Did say they were using member of the Public Order Unit whatever that is. That may be how they've been able to have two Gardai posted on the Carrickpherish Road.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Roen wrote: »
    That little place in on the right with the birch trees?

That would be the exact place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Sully wrote: »
    Agreed. But, in life in general, a lot of people tend to avoid confrontation but more so in the case of a traveller. I know I certainly wouldn't stand up to a lot of them.
    A guy back home got married recently and his house was robbed by persons unknown. He got into a bit of a scuffle with a group of local travellers who he suspected and got beaten up. Thats not the end of it. He has been robbed twice since by persons unknown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

one on one with a knacker no worries any more than that be just stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭SLOOPY

Another house done about 3:10am in MSJ.

Seems as though they got wrong house.

AFAIK theres 2 young kids living in that house.

These scumbags don't give a **** who they hurt/maim/kill.

Where next?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Infractions issued to those who cant read the charter. Ill make it simpler this time and quote the charter;
    [*]If you feel the need to go insulting the travelling community in Waterford, certain areas of Waterford, or certain people in Waterford (Add your own minorities to this list), whether it be using derogatory terms, insults, slurs, or the like, please expect a swift banning from the forum.

Yes its a sensitive topic. But no, if you cant discuss it sensibly you will be asked to leave the forum.

Stick to the charter and to the topic folks.

SLOOPY wrote: »
    Another house done about 3:10am in MSJ.

Seems as though they got wrong house.

AFAIK theres 2 young kids living in that house.

These scumbags don't give a **** who they hurt/maim/kill.

Where next?

Also a failed petrol bomb attack in St Herblain at around 1am. The petrol bomb failed to break through the window. House was unoccupied at the time.

Jeez its getting like Limerick. Whats needed here is a higher presence of Gardai, probably armed. Sticking to the city center isn't going to solve the problem. Sooner those CCTV cameras get in operation the better.

Are they picking unoccupied houses on purpose or is it just a coincidence?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Are they picking unoccupied houses on purpose or is it just a coincidence?

Perhaps they've doing it as a warning?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I was wondering what that smell was. Fire was just up back of my house.

dlofnep wrote: »
    I was wondering what that smell was.

Come on now, lets not say they smell THAT BAD! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭sonners

sorry but, where's MSJ?

sonners wrote: »
    sorry but, where's MSJ?
    Manor Saint John

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭sonners

Cheers Aquos, thats what I thought but just wanted to double check.

This is continuing to make national headlines
    Two new Waterford arson attacks probed
    Thursday, 17 July 2008 11:11

Two more arson attacks in Waterford city in the early hours of this morning are under investigation.

No one was injured in either attack, which gardaí say is the sixth arson attack to take place in Waterford since Saturday.

One attack happened at a house in St Herblain at around 1am but the house was vacant at the time.

The other incident took place at Manor St John sometime after 3am and it is believed the house may have been wrongly targeted.

These latest attacks are believed to be related to the ongoing fued between two families that erupted on Saturday in Waterford.

Link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Anyone know if these are Deise families or blow-ins from Limerick? ;)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

they are unfortunately Deise families and probably known or at least heard of by most Waterford people

in other gossip, i was out picking up the missus from the airport (work) on Tuesday night and there was 2 Hiace vans in the parking lot with a gang of Travellers waiting for the last flight from Luton. Thankfully whoever was supposed to be on that plane either wasnt, or somehow evaded being seen

Come on now, lets not say they smell THAT BAD! :p

Oi! :P

Im not very familar with these locations in Waterford but iv spotted that two of them are in the same area (well, not the same estate but general area). Im supprised that after 6 arson attempts more isnt being done to combat it.

• Advertisement

Im not very familar with these locations in Waterford but iv spotted that two of them are in the same area (well, not the same estate but general area). Im supprised that after 6 arson attempts more isnt being done to combat it.

robocop.jpg

dlofnep wrote: »
    robocop.jpg

If only.

I think folks, its time we setup our own force. Called, TRIPF (The Real Irish Police Force) - A Boardsie production.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Massive trouble brewing in Johns Park - Farron Park area.

kensutz wrote: »
    Massive trouble brewing in Johns Park - Farron Park area.

In what way?

2 big groups travelling through St Otterans towards the Farron Park area.

2 big groups travelling through St Otterans towards the Farron Park area.

As in, at present? Any Guards about to break it up or keep an eye?

They were there around half an hour ago. No cops as far as I'm aware. Parents saw them over there so I'm not too sure of the size of the groups but apparently they look like they're going to start trouble.

Go take some photos and maybe a video :p

Sell it to the press and make a small fortune :p

I think I value my life ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

They were there around half an hour ago. No cops as far as I'm aware. Parents saw them over there so I'm not too sure of the size of the groups but apparently they look like they're going to start trouble.

Unbelievable! Just blatantly walking along?

Advertisement