Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How come white space gets eaten in replies

Options
  • 13-07-2008 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

So I was replying to a post your pc specs in building and Upgrading and had it all formatted nicely with the use of white space, but I find upon posting that all the white space gets eaten, is there any particular reason for this ?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Do you have the noscript addon for firefox installed or javascript turned off? If so this will do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

MooseJam wrote: »
    So I was replying to a post your pc specs in building and Upgrading and had it all formatted nicely with the use of white space, but I find upon posting that all the white space gets eaten, is there any particular reason for this ?
    T u t f
    r s h o
    y i i r
      n s m
      g   a
          t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Do you have the noscript addon for firefox installed or javascript turned off? If so this will do that.

no neither of those, funnily enough when you mouse over a thread the pop-up box will show the white space but when you open the thread it doesn't display the white space, I guess it must be something with my config so and when you post it does display white space ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Have you tried clearing your cache? That usually solves most problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

sounds like a plan, ill give it a go

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

It gets eaten for regular posts.

You can use the [noparse]

[/noparse] brackets for situations where whitespace formatting is necessary. 

Advertisement