Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Wireless Cycle Computer, Anygood??

Options
  • 13-07-2008 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭

Aldi are selling a Wireless Cycle Computer on Thursday for 19.99 anyone know if its anygood link here> http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/58_6416.htm

Info

Functions:

Actual time
    Temperature
    Auto shut-off after 5 mins.
    Stopwatch
    Speed display
    Speed comparison
    Speed graph
    Odometer
    Trip distance
    Memory storage for 2 wheel sizes
    Service reminder after 600km
    Actual heart rate measurement
    Measures training zone
    Shows total and actual calorie consumption
    Shows actual fat burn
    Kit includes:

Computer
    Transmitter
    Chest belt
    Mounting plate
    3 × 3V lithium batteries

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

It is very good value for the spec, you will not get a HRM for less. However I have bought an Aldi computer myself before that just never worked. Others have found them absolutely fine however.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

I haven't used an Aldi speedo/HRM, but they provide a 3yr warranty on it (standard on a lot of their stuff) which is more than you will get on most/all alternatives. Also, as far as I know their returns policy is similar (and perhaps the very same as) that of Lidl where you can return an item within 28 days for a full refund if you are not happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭kcools

blorg wrote: »
    It is very good value for the spec, you will not get a HRM for less. However I have bought an Aldi computer myself before that just never worked. Others have found them absolutely fine however.

I got one from Aldi a good while ago - from the pic in the link above I'm pretty sure its the same one, and its worked perfect since I got it. Used all the features apart from the heart rate monitor. For €20 you can't really go wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

I had one from Aldi - not sure it's that one. It was crap and never worked. Always had trouble getting a signal from the sender.

I preferred my cat eye wired one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Got this yesterday and tried it out this morning. Well, it works !

The heart strap is grand, decent quality. Mounting unit, sensor etc are all decent. The computer unit seems to be good quality, there is a 3 year warranty, support phone number etc. The computer user interface isn't fantastic, it's awkward to set the training zone on it. But as a basic wireless HR monitor cycle computer it's pretty good !

My commute was 15.4km with an avg speed of 24.6 km taking 38 minutes in total.

For 20 quid, it's not bad at all !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

I got Aldi's basic wireless cycle computer last year. Despite the dubious manufacturer name ("Tronic") it works perfectly. Well, it did last Summer, which was the last time I used it. I intend to use it again on a cycling trip to Scotland in a couple of weeks. If it bursts into flames or otherwise stops working by then, I'll let yiz know...

Advertisement