Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 broadband - on more than 1 PC - HOW?

Options
  • 13-07-2008 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I have O2 broadband at home on my laptop using the basic 20euro modem.

i wanted to connect more than 1 pc to the internet?

how do i do it?

any suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

You can setup one pc with internet connection sharing (the one with the modem connected). Here's a general microsoft guide. The other computers can only connect if the pc with the modem plugged in is turned on. Also you'll need a basic network for this to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

OR you could use a 3G compatible wireless router.

problem with the 3g routers is getting one that's compatible with your modem. I remember people saying that the Dovado was good, see if your O2 modem is supported. The connection sharing is the cheapest, being free and all :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

BoB_BoT wrote: »
    problem with the 3g routers is getting one that's compatible with your modem. I remember people saying that the Dovado was good, see if your O2 modem is supported. The connection sharing is the cheapest, being free and all :P
    Is a baisc network free?:p

haha, well next to free, :P I withdraw my use of the word free lol
    although all you need is a means of connecting the two pcs, a crossover cable would do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

thanks for the replies lads...will see if pc to pc using crossover cable is possible

Advertisement