Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lazy Sundays

• 13-07-2008 8:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭

I'm not normally a fan of Sundays, but I've done absolutely nothing all day, and I'm topping it off by sitting back and watching Top Gear.

*contented sigh*

Anyone else enjoying a good Sunday evening?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Yep

Just had some Foxs' Classic round shortakes, yum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Today is a rarity during the summer for me: I've been at home on a Sunday afternoon. Usually I am in Croke Park for a big match, as I have been for a number of Sundays of late. There were no matches there today, but Dublin will be playing Wexford in the Leinster Football Final next Sunday, so I'll be back there again. While I may not have been at a match today, I got my fix by watching two games on TV today, one Hurling and one Football, and by going to Cork yesterday to see Dublin play Cork in Hurling. From here through to September, I'll be at matches every Sunday. I love summer Sundays. As a GAA person, it's the winter ones that can be boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

yeah, pretty good. called out to my mates house for a while, came home and whipped up a chow mein. had a bowl of ice cream. watching clarkson now driving around japan and blowing the froth off a cold one. staunch

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TirEoghain

I'm having a rather lazy one myself, and with having no work tomorrow, I might go for an inpromptu beer. Anyone else fancy one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Nothing productive all day. It's great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

A lazy day

visiting mates and all...
    Just had the best homemade brownies ever :)
    Too lazy to go home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Got up at 3PM, was out last night and decided it was not worth fighting the demons that come with that.

Mam and Dad in work, walked the dog and got a take away.

Ate the takeaway. Obviously enough.

Popped on the Arrested Development season II DVD, and lol'd my way through a few hours.

Now watching sh!te telly. Great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,443 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I hate Sunday's purely for the fact that it's boring good on, there's nevedr anything on TV however they've started showing Futurama and Gladiators on Sky One now so at least that will keep me occupied

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Why doesn't Clarkson ever lose in Top Gear?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Played a lot of Brawl, had an epic sandwich about 4 or 5 and walked the dog. Had a nice beef dinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

Sundays are fun

I was up for work this morning at 6:30 :P Finished up before 5pm

Came home and watched top gear!

Great Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

aawww crap! i missed top gear :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Sunday is my only day off at the moment, so I tend to just spend it sleeping in until as late as possible... :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Damn, I forgot about Top Gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Clytus

Brought my toddler son to the park,on the swings in the play ground....gave my son a shot aswell.....tried to stop him from eating stones....reported a lad walking his 50kg Rotweiler off the lead.......brought the car to the car wash....and paid €2.50 for a coffee.......Mrs Clytus cooked a rack of lamb for dinner....watched Top Gear....suppin on a bud...listening to republic of loose....and typin this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Damn, I forgot about Top Gear.
    they raced from one end of japan to the other.

i feel like crap today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 jells bells

lazy sundays are the best! i met friends for brunch, lay in the garden reading the paper and munching on popsicles, baked cranberry orange muffins, made a nice dinner and opened a bottle of red wine. still have the rest of the paper to finish (and the wine thank you very much), plus a face mask and a bath.

only downside is i'm stuck watching a crap queen latifah movie on rte. where is my self-control?

I had quite a nice Sunday. Watched the second half of Internal Affairs, followed it with Breakdown and just there I watched Death Sentence. Now it's time for a shower and a quiet pint or town as I savour our town festival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Joe Cool

Hate Sundays with a christlike passion.

Nothing on the horizon except work.

Top Gear aside there isn't much on the tv. I know Pulp Fiction is on tonight but that's not every week (BBC2 22:20, I think).

Don't get me wrong I like doing nothing as much as the next person, maybe more, but as soon as Sunday evening hits it's just crap.

Can never sleep on Sunday nights either, possibly due to the excess of weekend but it still bites.

I guess it's more work that's my problem as opposed to the day itself.

In conclusion Libya is a land of contrast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Was out last night.
    Drove down to Punchestown with my mate to drop one of the lads to ******.
    Came home and watched 'Deep Blue' Sea on VHS.
    Went and played golf.
    Now chilling.

Aces

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭earlyevening

Does nobody go to mass anymore??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Not in the last ~7 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭newname

good sunday too - read the papers, played golf, ate plenty and watched TV!
    Mass - no not in a decade now, mite go back at 70!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Yeah, drinking is my religion so i went to the pub;)

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Yeah, drinking is my religion so i went to the pub;)

You can get a free sup of wine at mass as far as I remember!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Joe Cool

Might start goin' again, sure it's what we did during the last recession and that worked out alright in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Lovely Sunday - OH's bday so he cooked a goose :D for dinner following a lunch of sausages, eggs and steak. Meat madness. Delicious.

Missed Top Gear though, got caught up in Junior for the millionth time. There's just something sick and wrong seeing Arnie preggers that I have to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭deebee08

Fab Sunday for me...caught some rays in Tramore in Waterford this morning then drove back up to Dublin early afternoon and am now having a lazy evening and drooling over Tom Cruise in Top Gun!! :D:D

• Advertisement

I love lazy Sunday mornings watching the Hollyoaks omnibus with the remnants of the night before.

I haven't had one of those in months though. :(

I've not had a bad day.

Only thing is, I'm waiting to go away, and don't have work, so I wish I had more to do. I really do. :rolleyes:

Anyways, been a good enough day for me. Watching Mean Machine now. I know it's awful ****e, but I love football and it's the closest thing to football these days. ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭birdie08

Mmm lazy sundays...well woke up at aprox 8, pressed snooze and reset alarm till bout 11.30...had breakfast and latte...then what should of taken an hour and half to drive home took bout three and half..from getting lost to stopping to get choc to gettin giddy with friend etc.... come evening....flake out with snack box and what better having an affair with my PC...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Today was so boring. Got up at one and sat on the couch for the day. I would have preferred to have been doing something.

I couldn't find anyone willing to do anythign tonight which sucked. All my friends are being lazy bastards. The downside to lazy Sunday. ;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Why doesn't Clarkson ever lose in Top Gear?

Because of who he is up against.

• Advertisement

Nicely put. ;)

Lazy?? I went out on a 16 mile run. Being lazy now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

slept off my hangover til around 12, watched a bitta the corrie omnibus and then went to work until about half an hour ago... firing on dinner and doing laundry now, which will be followed by a beer, yummmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I work Sundays :o

Boo-urns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Grumpy ya poor divil, I'd have a similar username if I worked Sundays too. Had a lovely Sunday just myself+himself relaxing and enjoying ourselves. Kicked off with a leisurely stroll around a local market to get some fresh local produce, followed by an afternoon reading the papers and watching GAA. Took my lovely bf out for dinner to an Indian restaurant then this evening, amazing food and great service and ended with a nightcap in the local before heading home for the night. Cant beat a nice Sunday!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

sundays depress the hell out of me. I'm usually hungover, broke, sleep far too late thus f*cking up my sleep pattern for a few days, broke, have to go to work the next day etc., worst day of the week for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭lost marbles

Clytus wrote: »
    Brought my toddler son to the park,on the swings in the play ground....gave my son a shot aswell.....tried to stop him from eating stones....reported a lad walking his 50kg Rotweiler off the lead.......brought the car to the car wash....and paid €2.50 for a coffee.......Mrs Clytus cooked a rack of lamb for dinner....watched Top Gear....suppin on a bud...listening to republic of loose....and typin this!
    i know how you feel :)
    those lazy days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭bealbocht

Flukey wrote: »
    Today is a rarity during the summer for me: I've been at home on a Sunday afternoon. Usually I am in Croke Park for a big match, as I have been for a number of Sundays of late. There were no matches there today, but Dublin will be playing Wexford in the Leinster Football Final next Sunday, so I'll be back there again. While I may not have been at a match today, I got my fix by watching two games on TV today, one Hurling and one Football, and by going to Cork yesterday to see Dublin play Cork in Hurling. From here through to September, I'll be at matches every Sunday. I love summer Sundays. As a GAA person, it's the winter ones that can be boring.

fair play to ya.. support the dublin hurlers..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭bealbocht

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    sundays depress the hell out of me. I'm usually hungover, broke, sleep far too late thus f*cking up my sleep pattern for a few days, broke, have to go to work the next day etc., worst day of the week for sure.

yup.. its not good lying in bed at 3am, knowing you are only out of bed 12 hours... and not going to sleep for another ... well, falling asleep on the couch on monday evening is a cert.. , blame saturday... , you could stay in... but , you could shoot yourself in the head too.. where is the fun in that.

Advertisement