Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crating for slipped disc

Options
  • 13-07-2008 8:26pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭

All of a sudden this afternoon, his lordship (17 year old mongrel) started to go a bit wobbly on the back legs. He isn't in any pain at all and just has spurts of a slightly amusing supermarket trolley style walk.

The emergency vet suggested it might be a slipped disc and I will take him to his own vet first thing tomorrow to have it checked out.

I don't think surgery will be an option because of his age, but I guess the vet will decide about that, if it is indeed a disc. My question is whether anyone has experience crating a dog for the period of time suggested for treating a disc - is it easy to do? Do they try to escape? My guy will happily sleep for most of the day now, but loves the challenge of a set of stairs and I would hate for him to undo any good the crate might do.

Advertisement