Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MultiFuel Burner

• 13-07-2008 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi, am building at moment and looking at heating options. Want to have dual oil/solid fuel heating. Has anyone installed an Aarrow Stratford S140c or know of Irish stockist. Its an inset for fireplace which also has backboiler so can also heat rads. So far have only found manufacturers website which is www.aarrowfires.com.

Also when I'm at it interested in comparison of Aga v Redfyre.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

instead of starting a new thread would like to expand pat1's...
    currently have a back boiler that I would like to replace with a multifuel stove, would need to take coal/briquettes/wood and take advantage of my current hot water/rads setup i.e. 11 rads working no problem, would also be great to retain my existing fireplace......appreciate any advice or pointers
    TIA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭Avns1s

slave1 wrote: »
    instead of starting a new thread would like to expand pat1's...
    currently have a back boiler that I would like to replace with a multifuel stove, would need to take coal/briquettes/wood and take advantage of my current hot water/rads setup i.e. 11 rads working no problem, would also be great to retain my existing fireplace......appreciate any advice or pointers
    TIA

Stanley Erin or similar.... Oh and plenty of fuel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 janiemary

try the Dunsley site they are the only wood burning stoves that are acceptable in a smokeless area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Heatherview

Hi pat 1

Try waterford Stanley Eirn -Enamel or matt black HPB 12 Rads output but you have to feed it?
    www.waterfordstanley.ie or your nearest builders merchant for brochure.
    Heatherview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

You won't find anything else much like the arrow stove you mention in Ireland, if you have to pay £100 for delivery (you can get a pallet load from the UK to Ireland for less) it would still work out much cheaper than a Stanley Erin which is not a inset type stove.

If you have any questions on any of the arrow stoves I noticed they have there own forum on their website so perhaps you should ask there.

Not sure about the diffences between Aga and Redfyre if I wanted an oil fired heating and cooking solution either would be fine for me perhaps it will all boil down to price and colour.

• Advertisement
Advertisement