Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Connect Email

Options
  • 13-07-2008 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭

Not sure what's happened, but I can no longer send mail through an external email client using UCD's server. I can receive it fine, I just can't send anything. I don't know if I entered the server details wrongly when I upgraded to OS X Leopard or if the Connect upgrade has thrown things out.

These are the details I'm using, could anyone using Apple Mail, Microsoft Outlook etc. please confirm if these are right?

Server name: studentmail.ucd.ie
    Server port: 25 (I've also tried 993)
    Use SSL: Yes

As I said, I can log in to this server fine for receiving mail... :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

I'm using Thunderbird to the same server, but connecting via IMAP (port 143), not POP/SMTP. I have TLS security enabled too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

I'm just after trying Thunderbird and no joy either. I'll try port 143.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

I use outlook. Make sure the setting is for IMAP and incoming mail port is 993 with SSL on.

Edit: I just saw you have a problem with sending, not receiving.

Outgoing mail sever is mail.ucd.ie not studentmail.ucd.ie (thats for incoming)

Figured it out. Outgoing server should be mail.ucd.ie, not studentmail.ucd.ie. Thanks guys.

Made a balls of my post so I'll just list the settings:

Server type: IMAP
    Outgoing mail server (SMTP): mail.ucd.ie (port is 25 with SSL off)

• Advertisement

UCD_Econ wrote: »
    Made a balls of my post so I'll just list the settings:

Server type: IMAP
    Outgoing mail server (SMTP): mail.ucd.ie (port is 25 with SSL off)
    Yeah I got it just before you posted, cheers. SSL on seems to work too.

Edit: Apparently just after your post! Lots of people helping me tonight it seems! Thanks again :)

Hmm, maybe they fixed the problem they had before. Thanks, I'll turn it back on.

Advertisement