Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattooing help!

Options
  • 13-07-2008 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭

Does anybody know what the Irish tattoo laws re ages are and where there is a website listing them?

Thanks!
    :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

It's an unregulated industry but most/all places wont ink you unless you are over 18

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Ciaramb92

So I legally I don't need parental permission aslong as the tattoo shop is happy to tattoo me?

Do you know where I can get proof of this for my parents?! lol!!

Legal issues im not familiar with, however if you are under 18 they will not tattoo you. end of.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Looby_Loo

What age are you?
    You dont want to go to the type of shop that will tattoo an under 18

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Ciaramb92

I'm nearly 16 and I have known people who got tattoos under 18 and the tattoos turned out good and they had no infections, problems etc. The place they got it done has gotten good reviews online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Looby_Loo

You are 15, how can you be sure a design you like now will still appeal to you in another 10 years. I changed a lot in the last ten years and my last tattoo took a year to decide on.
    Dont do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

At the risk of sounding patronising, you would be better off waiting until you can go to a very good place. It also gives you another 2 years to decide if you're 100% positive you really want to go ahead with it and you will know you will be looked after well.

You don't want to end up like this guy:

http://www.bmezine.com/tattoo/A80709/tatworst.html

Ciaramb92: Do not get inked at such a young age. you will be growing still and developing. wait until you are older, heed the advice of people on here for your own good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement