Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lolly the Vampire Slayer.. Anyone else get this?

Options
  • 13-07-2008 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭

I don't know if this is a boards issue as such, I think it is. Or at least I hope other boardsies have seen this aswell. LOL it's a bit bizarre, I feel mad typing it.

Anyway, I had my boards window open, I left the laptop alone and came back a few mins later. When I looked at my screen, this had popped up on it.

http://www.workfinders.net/jobs/job.asp?id=62273

Just wondering if it jumped up on any other boardsies pages or any explanation as to why it was on my screen... :confused: Why would pages just automatically jump up on a screen like that?

It's really weird, I know the Nocturnal Forum tends to chat a lot about vampires and stuff... but geez..

.. not to mention it's two months out of date!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Did you inadvertently click a banner ad or summat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I don't think so. I was viewing the Nocturnal Forum, left my laptop for a few mins, came back and this thing was there! So I wasn't around when it came up on my screen:confused:

I know it's not a big deal or anything. I'm just curious to see if anyone else got it on their screens.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Might have some spyware/adware installed on your computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Are you by any chance bi-polar?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

MizzLolly wrote: »
    I don't think so. I was viewing the Nocturnal Forum, left my laptop for a few mins, came back and this thing was there! So I wasn't around when it came up on my screen:confused:

I know it's not a big deal or anything. I'm just curious to see if anyone else got it on their screens.

Relax, I'm just interviewing you for a position. :)

It would make sense as one of those google ad things, vampires/werewolves/ puppies etc are oftened discussed in the Nocturnal forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

you left out mudkipz.

oh crap,is that ad out of date, i was gonna get around to replying :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

CuLT wrote: »
    Might have some spyware/adware installed on your computer.
    :eek: How? Why? Help!
    humanji wrote: »
    Are you by any chance bi-polar?
    Erm.. no, sorry to disappoint you :(:cool:
    SDooM wrote: »
    Relax, I'm just interviewing you for a position. :)

But we like vampires? Why would I slay them?? :eek:
    Nerin wrote: »
    oh crap,is that ad out of date, i was gonna get around to replying :cool:
    Same goes for you! :cool:

Erm.. that's weird. I thought there would've been some more boardsies who got it. Well thanks for your comments anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

MizzLolly wrote: »
    :eek: How? Why? Help!

best spyware removing thingy i've found

http://www.spybot.com/en/index.html

i found it on ultimatebootdisk when fixing a mates laptop. simple and effective

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

danniemcq wrote: »
    best spyware removing thingy i've found

http://www.spybot.com/en/index.html

i found it on ultimatebootdisk when fixing a mates laptop. simple and effective

and free!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

oh yeah forgot to mention that! you can give them a donation though if you really want

• Advertisement
Advertisement