Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Cable query

Options
  • 13-07-2008 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking to update one of our upstairs rooms. I want to put in a TV cable and am wondering which is the correct type. What I would like to do is to run cables suitable for NTL (or UPC) and Sky. Do they use the same type of cable or do they each use a differnt type of cable?

Can I then use a regular TV booster for the NTL line to boost the incoming NTL signal going to each room (I plan to do the other two rooms later)?

Thanks in advance for any help or people's experience.

Regards,

B.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

as far as tv coax goes there are some better then others. ntl and sky usually use sat 100 which is 75 ohm and an overall good cable. its relativly cheap too.
    its the same as everthing else you pay for what you get.
    cables in the lower end of the scale are usually airspaced where as the higher spec ones are usually foam insulated.
    when getting a booster/splitter imo the type with f connectors gives a better quality signal and arent as finiky as the old rf type.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

get some ct100 cable. you'll know it as if you stip a bit of the plastic insulator back it will show a copper foil underneath, the cheaper stuff has aluminum foil like tin foil..

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭bjroche

Thanks guys!

Advertisement