Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vintage Rolex question

• 13-07-2008 11:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭

Hello All..

Does anyone know where I can get information on a vintage Rolex gold wristwatch? I do not have any pictures at the moment.

It was a present to my Grandfather from my Grandmother circa 1934. It has a rectangular face with art deco styling (somewhat similar to the Rolex Prince range, but the independent second dial is passed over by the main hands.)
    It has a five digit serial number on the back followed by a three digit and one letter code. ie:

234x

I would love to know what this model was called and find out the correct date of manufacture. I have no intention of selling this watch.

If anyone can help or point me in the right direction, I would be most grateful.

- Dan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 GUNMONEY

If you bring it to a rolex dealer he should be able to find the details the serial number on the back goes with the watch any time it is serviced or repaired and Rolex keep records of all of the serial numbers.
    Yes I did say serviced, like all good machines they need to be serviced.

danpatjoe wrote: »
    Hello All..

Does anyone know where I can get information on a vintage Rolex gold wristwatch? I do not have any pictures at the moment.

It was a present to my Grandfather from my Grandmother circa 1934. It has a rectangular face with art deco styling (somewhat similar to the Rolex Prince range, but the independent second dial is passed over by the main hands.)
    It has a five digit serial number on the back followed by a three digit and one letter code. ie:

234x

I would love to know what this model was called and find out the correct date of manufacture. I have no intention of selling this watch.

If anyone can help or point me in the right direction, I would be most grateful.

- Dan

Advertisement