Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eyre Square Tonight

Options
  • 13-07-2008 11:54pm

Was anyone else in Eyre Square tonight? They were showing the Sigur Ros documentary - Heima, and it was incredible. The grass was absolutely packed with people lying, sitting with knees bent, or cuddling up to loved one. Some stood dancing as the music drifted over the Square. People drank, cheered and just sat there listening.

Was certainly a brilliant evening. Anyone else see it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 flashterry

sigur ros are **** imo chick's brother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

yea great atmosphere there, nice evening for it and a good vibe there amongst the people, mind you the iwank quick movie at just before it made this woman and her two very young teenage daughters leg it before the movie started at all, the 3am- 3pm essex street quick movie was a funny reminder of what we irish can be like with too much drank,
    great evening there should be a big screen there all the time.

Might need the chainsaw for a few trees though, anyone mind?:D

yea great atmosphere there, nice evening for it and a good vibe there amongst the people, mind you the iwank quick movie at just before it made this woman and her two very young teenage daughters leg it before the movie started at all, the 3am- 3pm essex street quick movie was a funny reminder of what we irish can be like with too much drank,
    great evening there should be a big screen there all the time.

Might need the chainsaw for a few trees though, anyone mind?:D

I know! Some of those trees were annoying as hell. I arrived shortly into Heima after finishing work and it was just perfect to relax to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

did u think the first song had a beginning theme of music similar to the build up of U2s where the streets have no name?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

The Godfather music was playing when i got the bus home tonight at 10.. wonder were they showing the movie.. that'd have rocked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

Was there a couple of nights ago, Des Bishop and Kila were there, again great atmosphere etc. Isn't Galway a great place to live? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Weidii wrote: »
    Was there a couple of nights ago, Des Bishop and Kila were there, again great atmosphere etc. Isn't Galway a great place to live? :D

Agreed.

Nuts, I missed all of the film fleadh stuff again. Did anyone see that surfing movie Wave Riders on friday night?

As for Sigur Ros: "yuppie shagging music" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Sounds great. It's damn nice to relax on the grass.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Don't know where you were sitting but where I was perched there was guff from the "professional outdoorsmen" and loud fat women in need of euthanising.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

Was anyone else in Eyre Square tonight? They were showing the Sigur Ros documentary - Heima, and it was incredible. The grass was absolutely packed with people lying, sitting with knees bent, or cuddling up to loved one. Some stood dancing as the music drifted over the Square. People drank, cheered and just sat there listening.

Was certainly a brilliant evening. Anyone else see it?

Why does this stuff have to happen when I move home to Longford. I miss Galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

O pants, can't believe I missed that. I love Sigur Ros and love outdoor films too.

Double frown...:( :(

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

Weidii wrote: »
    Isn't Galway a great place to live? :D

At first it is. But after a few years you find yourself going to the same places week in, week out meeting the same people and having the same conversations. It's like Groundhog Day after a while.

That Sigur Ros thing sounds pretty cool though. Have they got a big screen or something up there? Good that they're making use of the place these days. When I left it was only good for getting yourself mugged :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Crap, dammit, why do i always miss this stuff.

Advertisement