Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opinions on this Passat?

Options
  • 13-07-2008 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Volkswagen/Passat/130-bhp/979346/

Just wondering about what opinions ye have on this guys.

Is it a bit overpriced, what do you think the dealer would be looking to sell for?

Also it says many extras but doesn't go into any detail. Has anybody a similar model, what kind of spec does the Comfortline model have?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It'd want to be 2 years newer for that money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭darrenoneill33

Was thinking it seemed overpriced alright compared to others on carzone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I knew when i first saw it that that model did not look like an irish car.It has body coloured everything which i find quite uncommon for passats of this age.It didnt surprise me that the reg is very high too.Almost certainly an import IMO.WAY too overpriced as well btw

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It looks like a UK import alright. The give away is the interior, Irish Passats bar the baseline model of that time had terrible fake wood around the dashboard. UK models didn't even in high spec. I also think the exterior bottom parts of the bumpers, side moldings are an aftermarket spray job. Any Passat I have seen had black plastic around where the front fog lights are fitted.

BTW that dealer is dreaming with that price.

Surprised they haven't dropped the price some bit, that car is up there at least 5/6 weeks, i can remember seeing it up there when looking before.

What would ye think is a realistic price for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Well, well overpriced...! Go private perhaps?
    For a TDI passat, going up north is the way to go - or at least it was when I was browsing a month or so ago.
    I seem to recall paying in the region of 6k, 7k for a 02' TDI passat with 90k miles, VRT paid. Food for thought?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dirty_Diesel

I bought this (2001 model) from the uk almost 3 years ago and sold it after a year for €12,500. Bear in mind that the B5.5 passat is now the old model! One thing about the PD TDI engine, make sure it's been serviced with VW 501.01 approved oil or it could get costly.

PC040035.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I bought an 01 passat for 6500 a couple of months ago. It's a 1.9TDi 130Bhp Comfortline so, with the market the way it is that passat is probably only worth between 7 and 8k IMO

Whats surprising me is that its been up on Carzone for a long time now at that price, why is the dealer not doing something to try get rid of it. A price drop or something

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

that dealer is in my county. we always deal with him. he is a main dealer for nissan hyandai and mitsubhi even though we always buy our new peugeots from him. he will order in any car you want and give you an excellent trade in. ask for martin nyhan.

• Advertisement

I know they're a good dealership alright, just surprised that they seem to have really overpriced this car

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

maybe they're giving themselves room to play around on the price.

Possibly, what would you offer for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Definitely a UK import. Reg number is very close to my own UK import.

would it come with many extras as standard if its a UK import?

Advertisement