Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scam websites [Read before posting..'has anyone used/bought from..'?]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭jos22

ya seem like seems like our accounts were harvested by botnets that infected PCs with keylogging or data stealing Trojan horses.

see artice
    http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9139098/Researcher_refutes_Microsoft_s_account_of_hijacked_Hotmail_passwords?taxonomyId=82

this seem likely as dont buy MS and Google phishing scam story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 hihohelen

anyone know if this site is fake profiledetective@newmailmarket.com. My son says to steer clear but I would love to join. I really would like to see if anyone has heard of it. dont see it mentioned on google.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

hihohelen wrote: »
    anyone know if this site is fake profiledetective@newmailmarket.com. My son says to steer clear but I would love to join. I really would like to see if anyone has heard of it. dont see it mentioned on google.

thats an email address for a start.Listen to your son methinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 hihohelen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

First off did you get an un-solicitated(spelling?:o)email off them?if yes its dodgy.

Secondly its only for people in the states so unless you are living there its no good to you.

And lastly it looks cheap as hell.Like something i'd cook up after reading the first page of a web design site.

EDIT:also when you click on 'about us' right at the bottom it just just refreshs the page and gives no info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭rameire

Got this address in a friends email that was hacked.

www.ollsu.com

the below is the email.
    <DIV>Dear friend,<BR>I am willing to give you a big surprise. I found
    a website:  www.ollsu.com . last week. They mainly sell phones ,
    laptops, tvs ,digital cameras and motorbikes. I ordered a tv . now I
    have got the product after 5 days. Its quality is very good.<BR>By the
    way, they only sell new and original products and their products have
    international warranty. Now , they are promoting their products, so
    the prices are very competitives. If you need these products, you can
    have a look. Don not miss the good chance !<BR>Best wishes! </DIV>

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Yellowsubmarine

http://www.adoos.ie/l/pet

I was looking at this website at the puppies for adoption and there was one ad. offering free yorkie terriers but said they were located in almost every county in the country! I knew this was probably a scam so i sent them an e-mail asking where abouts she lived. She sent me one back asking where I lived and saying she wanted to come and see my house and meet me and make sure it was a good home for the dog so I told her what county I live in and asked did she live nearby and told her it definately would be coming to a good home. She then sent me an e-mail back saying thats perfect, she lives in South Africa and if I could just send $200 for her to send the puppy over on a plane that I would soon have my free puppy! I know not all these adverts are scams but I just hope nobody falls for this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 lollipop08

Great thanx:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I was looking at this website at the puppies for adoption and there was one ad. offering free yorkie terriers but said they were located in almost every county in the country!

There is a woman in Galway who offers puppies or 'unloved' dogs to 'good homes' that she 'rescued' but she usually advertises in the paper .

Then you get an invoice and enough people pay to make it worth her while .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Anyone ever hear of this site .I think its a bit dodgy but nothing coming up in searches to say its fake

www.dvdhotspot.co.uk. Appreciate any help .Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 paul20990

Did anyone hear of this website??

www.skprice.com

Seems to good to be true!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

paul20990 wrote: »

www.skprice.com

If seems too good to be true then it probably is...
    That's a scam site...i mean come on, everything is crazy cheap, macbook pros for 400euro! And the only payment methods are western union!
    I have to say the standard of those sites has improved, but seriously it's still obviously a scam.

Apparently a friend of a friend got an iphone off it with no problems but i'll be chatting to that friend this weekend to find out. I'll post back when i find out.

It does look fake though but they have customer care and everthing. Its very frustrating and annoying!!

Apparently a friend of a friend got an iphone off it with no problems but i'll be chatting to that friend this weekend to find out. I'll post back when i find out.

It does look fake though but they have customer care and everthing. Its very frustrating and annoying!!

Did your friend "get" or "order" an iphone, it's a scam, you'd be absolutely mad to even consider buying from that site. It looks convincing, there's no doubting that, but it's got scam written all over it. The fact that they sell everything from motorbikes to laptops and cameras would be enough to put me off, but when you put the fact that western union is the only payment method it's just scamtastic.
    There's no question here, it's a scam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Speeds

Has anyone bought a customised DS games cartridge from mydsgame.com?
    They only accept PayPal payments, and only have a gmail account/contact form.
    No idea where they are based, other than the ether....

• Advertisement

www.skprice.com is a big fake website. Someone hacked into my friends e-mail account and sent a message saying she bought an iphone from skprice.com and it had great deals. The email was personal enough but when i rang her and asked her about her new mobile she didn't have a clue what i was on about.

Big fake website! www.skprice.com

Stay well clear of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You usually end up dealing with someone like this

used_car_salesman.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Eemia

http://www.adoos.ie/l/pet

I was looking at this website at the puppies for adoption and there was one ad. offering free yorkie terriers but said they were located in almost every county in the country! I knew this was probably a scam so i sent them an e-mail asking where abouts she lived. She sent me one back asking where I lived and saying she wanted to come and see my house and meet me and make sure it was a good home for the dog so I told her what county I live in and asked did she live nearby and told her it definately would be coming to a good home. She then sent me an e-mail back saying thats perfect, she lives in South Africa and if I could just send $200 for her to send the puppy over on a plane that I would soon have my free puppy! I know not all these adverts are scams but I just hope nobody falls for this :)

LOL yeah i was looking for a yorkie puppy back in February and came across that site too. I emailed them like you and got same response so i kept up the emailing for amusement and eventually they got the picture and stopped. Hate to see someone getting caught out by them!! Think they are selling Capuchin monkeys on it too :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kells girl

ive recently used a site www.goodluckyou.com has anyone used this site before as i have paid €85 and have not even gotten an email!!
    :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

They claim to be in Shanghai ???

Never heard of them but with a name like that I be very suspect

Best of luck with it though.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

kells girl wrote: »
    ive recently used a site www.goodluckyou.com has anyone used this site before as i have paid €85 and have not even gotten an email!!
    :mad:
    Misspellings galore ("Sunglass","Jewelry"), poorly designed website, a Hotmail address quoted as being the contact address, Western Union preferred method of payment.

All signs point to scam site!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kells girl

thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Berberis

Speeds wrote: »
    Has anyone bought a customised DS games cartridge from mydsgame.com?
    They only accept PayPal payments, and only have a gmail account/contact form.
    No idea where they are based, other than the ether....

Have'nt bought of them, but have of this site twice. once this time last year and 2nd time was 2 months ago. no problems either time.

http://www.ndsmulti.com/store/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Nimblescot

A site here that seems too good to be true,
    www.rightwholesele.com... Any feedback?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Nimblescot wrote: »

Just clicked on the contact us link and it went into a chat room style form. Their English is not very good. The first message I got from them was
    11:10:11
    Hello, what I need help?

Followed by
    Hi, What can you do?

They also seem to be a bunch of spammers.

I would avoid it to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mansoor

ShaneU wrote: »
    Anyone know if this site is fake? http://www.xboxliveuk76.com/

They're selling xbox live subscriptions at under half price.
    DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THESE SITES.

All users shoud be aware of this company, its IP address is 62.233.142.44 and its contact email is dobrytata@gmail.com. they claim to offer a 13 month subscription to xboxlive for £28. What actually happens is they take your money through paypal and then send a email of a scanned voucher which has been already used. Paypal do not protect against this type of fraud, the owner of the site Magdalena Luczak claims he/she is based in Estonia but the site is registered in Poland (www.xboxliveuk76.com). They have posted many testomonials from happy customers but these are fake. When you contact them about the used voucher they will claim to contact their supplier and all communication will then cease. They have defrauded children all over the UK and as they only accept payment through Paypal they have ensured minimal comebacks as Paypal do not offer protection to buyers for these types of products.
    you have been warned, please pass this information to other forums in the UK as i checked before making the purchase on behalf of my 12year old son and nobody had reported them as they are new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 EIL46

www.skprice.com

This site sent emails in my name to all my contacts saying I had bought a tv I have never heard of them and did not buy a tv but they hacked into my contact list so beware

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

Hi

Was just wondering if people could add suspected phishing or malware websites to either Web Of Trust or the Phishtank antiphishing filter in Open Dns. Its all well to post up here on boards here but when it comes right down to it not every reads about website ratings on a internet forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Berberis

Anyone had any dealings with this site
    http://doghdhair.com/
    offering ghds for as little as 84 dollars and free shipping.
    I'm very interested but a bit dubious

Update I just checked out this site on fake ghd's and it appears that the site above may not be what it seems.
    http://www.compare-ghd.com/index/GHDfake/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

And their associated companies.

I had to give my name and address first, then I was given a Total of $3 for a trial pack. Then the site asks for your credit card details, I thought ok. Then I get a receipt for $11.90. I contacted them through the online chat support straight away and was told my order had been canceled. Fine I thought.

They did charge me the $11.90, which I didn't notice as I didn't go through my visa bill, they also charged $87 on the 5th of Dec, which I did notice and they already had charged another $87 on the 15 of Dec which will appear on my next bill. I have now canceled my subscription.

On these sites there is no where that asks you to tick a box to say you've read the terms & conditions and it wasn't obviously advertised that it was a subscription service either.

I haven't received the first product yet and my credit card company has said that if I receive the item to return it registered post and if I don't receive it then after a further 30 days to contact them and they will contact the company on my behalf to get my money back. Hopefully all of it. The lady in my credit card company has said that they have had many complaints about Dazzlewhite and Premiumwhitepro or their associated companies.

It's a hassle I didn't need at this time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Cadoche

My sister is after buying some things off this website registered in China www.ezsaling.com looks fake to me but hopefully someone can prove me wrong? She said she payed be paypal, but should she cancel her card just in case?
    Thanks.

I've just checked out that website, they have very little items and they're very expensive too. Goodluck!

Post probably too old now :-(

Cadoche wrote: »
    I've just checked out that website, they have very little items and they're very expensive too. Goodluck!

You do realise that the post you quoted was over a year old right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Cadoche

Bros123 wrote: »
    http://www.trade-beauty.com/

Just a warning on these guys.
    Do NOT even think of buying anything from them!Prices ARE too good to be true and if you send them money through Western Union you can say goodbye to it!
    The website looks professional but its all just one big scam!
    Just letting everyone know before someone gets burnt.;)

The site has lots of pretty things but the prices are sky high. I personally use www.amufi.vstore.ca

The site was introduced to me by a work colleague about 6 months ago and I have made up to 4 orders, all in perfect condition. Guess what? I now sell their products on Ebay and make some change for myself.

Please note that I am not promoting this site in any shape or form, I just think its nice to share good info. Moreso, someone introducedd them to me and I'm now a trader thanks to my friend.

You can PM me if you need any proofs and I actually got some of my xmas presies from them. I love the designers ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

My brother found this site www.velemobi.com which has really good price for electronics. The website itself at the bottom says it that is mcafee secure and paypal verified. I did a google search of it and just found some posts that say they got some spam from the website. Has anyone had any dealing with them or found anything else about them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭The Oggmonster

I know i'm a month late with this reply but that website is definitely dodgy. Have a look here http://www.verisign.com/identity-protection-online-security/index.html

The Verisign button should be clickable and then it will confirm the details of the website.

On that site, none of the buttons/awards they have on the bottom left are clickable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 MrsBunnsy

FAKE!!!
    The site has lots of pretty things but the prices are sky high. I personally use www.amufi.vstore.ca

The site was introduced to me by a work colleague about 6 months ago and I have made up to 4 orders, all in perfect condition. Guess what? I now sell their products on Ebay and make some change for myself.

Please note that I am not promoting this site in any shape or form, I just think its nice to share good info. Moreso, someone introducedd them to me and I'm now a trader thanks to my friend.

You can PM me if you need any proofs and I actually got some of my xmas presies from them. I love the designers ;-)

A quick google of www.amufi.vstore.ca and:

http://www.fraudwatchers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36412

There were also loads of similarly worded reviews on other forums from different users. My advice would be dont buy anything from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 arbuckle1

this is a total scam. it's not to be confused with rightwholesale.com who appear legit. I got stung by them for a laptop and when I asked why it had not been delivered they said it had been stopped by chinese customs and they would need another $200 fine for it to be released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 arbuckle1

this is a total scam. it's not to be confused with rightwholesale.com who appear legit. I got stung by them for a laptop and when I asked why it had not been delivered they said it had been stopped by chinese customs and they would need another $200 fine for it to be released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Post probably too old now :-(

She did recieve her stuff although it was fake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

Guys,
    I got burnt on a site in november while doing some of the christmas shopping - www.toyrocket.com - which now appears to be directed to www.puzzlezoo.com.

Payed for order through paypal - however order has never moved from "in stock processing"
    Company has never replied to my emails.

Paypal have said

"After reviewing your PayPal account we can confirm that this case was found in your favour.

As our policy states, we conducted this investigation on a best effort basis and made no guarantee of funds recovery.

We regret to inform you that we were unable to recover funds from the sellers account. If this transaction occurred on an auction site, we encourage you to contact that auction site, as they may provide you with insurance coverage."

So I would suggest people be wary of toyrocket/puzzlezoo - and also read the small print on paypal usage - as there appear to be as many cases where you arent protected as when you are ! :-)

- In my case it was only 30 dollars lost - so imo a lession well learned regarding paypal !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

A friend sent me a link to this earlier today.

http://www.tvshowsboxset.net/the-wire-seasons-15-24-dvd-box-set-p-196.html

Have never heard of the site before. Has anyone bought anything from them?

scam%20alert.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Aye, I thought as much but thought I'd post it on the off chance it was legit.

Reckon I'll just order it from Amazon instead. Seems to be the best price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭RayCon

Man , look at their M*A*S*H Box Set ... fake or what ...

3.jpg

Gonna merge with with the existing scam websites thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with CDWOW.ie or elysiandreams.ie?

Danniboo wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with CDWOW.ie or elysiandreams.ie?
    CDWOW.ie are legit, although typically quite slow with despatching orders!

And Elysiandreams.ie certainly looks legit also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

basquille wrote: »
    CDWOW.ie are legit, although typically quite slow with despatching orders!

And Elysiandreams.ie certainly looks legit also.

I thought as much just said i'd double check before handing over my dosh, Kerastase at really cheap prices if any ladies are interested :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Hi all,
    Mate of mine sent me this site: http://www.bizzibargains.com/

Anybody got any experience of these ? It seems to good to be true (and in that case, it usually means it is too good to be true)

(BTW - I did a Bargain Alerts search for "Bizzi" and got no results)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

That site looks so fake it's not even funny...

And just to confirm it's fakeness, after a google, the first word I see is 'South Africa'

nuff said

• Advertisement
Advertisement