Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2001 VW Golf 1.4

Options
  • 14-07-2008 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I cant lock my drivers door with the key. Have to lock it from the inside. Is there any easy way of me fixing this myself?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

That's strange. Does the key turn but not lock it? Or does the key not turn at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 nige78

key turns and sometimes will lock the other 3 doors but never the drivers door.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Bloody golf's electrics. My golf's passenger door lock has a mind of it's own. And of course when i try show it to some1 to get it fixed, it works perfeclty lol... I think they are known for it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Boggins127

Yo have a 99 golf 1.4 the door lock on my driver side door dusn wrk
    have ta lock it from the passenger side
    but biggest problem yet is that the speedo is bouncing all over the place
    my mechanic put it on a diagnostic machine wen i was buying it and it came up as a failed speedo sensor...now sent it to vw main dealer...nw heres the shock they rang and said the diff is pulling off left becuz of a bearing or sumting tht its losing connection wi the sensor then :confused: all very confusing which will require a f**king new transmission aswell which will cost 2,500k wen i paid 3,750k for the car they must b tryin ta screw me?????

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

@OP - the door lock is probably dodgy and will need to be replaced. Common enough fault. Not too difficult as a DIY job if you're handy at that sort of thing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement