Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20 Sq/m of Elastilon stuck to Contrete Subfloor

Options
  • 14-07-2008 1:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi,

After getting a recommendation of an excellient chipy i came home today to find 20sq/m of 18mm solid oak flooring glued together and floated with the 10 euro sq/m elastilon underlay sticky side down to the sub floor :mad:. Worse yet in some places the expansion gaps over a 10m run are 5mm or non existant and then is a lots of gaps while acceptable in size its clear the boards were glued without clamping. Also elastilon on the newly preped walls and the fact he had the cheek to ask from money before he could continue another day nearly save me off to the Midlands Prison on murder charges but as the chippy is a work colleuage of my brother i refrained from actually murdering him.

Any advice on what to do bar scrapping the entire floor and have to sand the subfloor clean. its near a 1000euro worth of materials.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

I'd be having stern words with your chippy about this if I was you.. I would make him take it all up scrape all the sticky stuff off the back of your floor and sort out your sub floor as well.... If he cannot pull the floor apart (without causing major breakage) cause he has it all glued together I would make him supply a new floor at his own expense as the underlay is inproperly put down and further more he will more than likely damage the floor if he tries to take it apart..

Are there no expansion gaps left under the skirting (around the wall) 5mm seems hardly enough for a solid floor. I would be thinking 10mm would be what you would want.. Anyhow that is not a mojar huge problem.. Ya get increase the gap around the wall with a biscuit jointer...

Advertisement