Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OMG purleeeease help!!

• 14-07-2008 1:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭

OMG hysterical thread. Looked on the tech one and seeing as it is 2am and this one has the most live viewers maybe can someone please help!? Deleted cookies/history earlier and now I can't access my gmail/hotmail any other sites that require a password! Did I press the wrong button? How do I access those sites again? Essentially I went to the Tools option and pressed OK for everything but really need to send an email asap. Thanks in advance!!:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

If you can't accress any sites that need a password how did you get on here?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

No idea. Boards was open while I cleared all cookies but can't get into anything since:confused:

Miss Fluff wrote: »
    No idea. Boards was open while I cleared all cookies but can't get into anything since:confused:

How do you mean you can't get into anything since? Is the login page coming up? Did you have your passwords saved on your computer?

I know it's a ridiculously stupid thread but this email I need to send is important so thanks! Have a gmail and hotmail and sporadically they will come to the landing page and when I enter the password it results in the following message if it lands on the homepage at all, tried facebook and youtube too and it brings back to the same message. Every other non-password site is fine. Thanks a million, appreciate it!:o

Edit: yes, passwords were saved

The page cannot be displayed
    The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
    See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
    Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
    On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
    Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
    Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
    If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
    Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
    Internet Explorer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

What's the error you're getting exactly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,897 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

PM me all your passwords and I'll send the email for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Have you tried following the instructions regarding connection settings ?

nessyguin wrote: »
    If the cookies have been deleted you'll have to re-enter your username and password on any login pages . The cookie is a small file that effectively keeps you logged in to accounts when you have ticked the 'Remember Me on this computer' type box that appears on many login pages . I cant think of any way to recover deleted cookies .
    Many sites will email your login details to you when you first create an account so remembering your email login info is the first step here :( . Maybe there's a reminder question on the login page ?

The OP has her password and has entered it for the sites she has tried to log into, but she is getting the error message displayed above

Thanks so much for your help everyone, the problem is that every single site, as mentioned above gmail/hotmail/facebook/youtube I can't even get there and just end up with this page http://search.mywebsearch.com/mywebsearch/AJmain.jhtml?searchfor=www.gmail.com&PG=SEASUSH&SEC=DNS&st=dns&ptnrS=ZSYYYYYYYYIE and seeing as this is my Mum's old laptop I think that may be the default page......aaaaghhhh!:(Is there any bizarre chance that these sites are all down at once??? It seems strange if they are!!

Thanks so much for your help everyone, the problem is that every single site, as mentioned above gmail/hotmail/facebook/youtube I can't even get there and just end up with this page http://search.mywebsearch.com/mywebsearch/AJmain.jhtml?searchfor=www.gmail.com&PG=SEASUSH&SEC=DNS&st=dns&ptnrS=ZSYYYYYYYYIE and seeing as this is my Mum's old laptop I think that may be the default page......aaaaghhhh!:(Is there any bizarre chance that these sites are all down at once??? It seems strange if they are!!

Nope afriad not as those sites are working for me!

I can't think of any reason why they aren't working for you though!

• Advertisement

Have you tried following the instructions regarding connection settings ?

Yes:o

Sorry if this is the wrong forum btw! Seriously owe everyone a pint, thanks a million for being so kind, can normally sort these things out but am flumoxxed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Also try Opera or Firefox if you need to get the mail sent quickly . You can then work on fixing IE at your leisure ...

Also try Opera or Firefox if you need to get the mail sent quickly . You can then work on fixing IE at your leisure ...

Good point.

Miss Fluff, have you tried signing into your accounts using firefox instead of internet explorer?

This is hugely embarrassing, I turned my computer off and rebooted and now I can get into everything again by re-entering my details. Sorry to be a headwreck and THANKS SO MUCH, promise I will buy you all a drink at next Boards Beers, appreciate your help!!! MWAH!x

This is hugely embarrassing, I turned my computer off and rebooted and now I can get into everything again by re-entering my details. Sorry to be a headwreck and THANKS SO MUCH, promise I will buy you all a drink at next Boards Beers, appreciate your help!!! MWAH!x

Glad you got it sorted. That is really strange that it should play up like that. Did you have internet explorer open when you cleared the cookies and just keep using it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ohhh boy... just like every computer novice out there your PC is infected with Spyware.

Check the following link:
    http://www.pchell.com/support/mywebsearch.shtml

Also the fact that a link to My Web Search shows up when trying to log into a page is disturbing, that little Spyware app could very easily be archiving your passwords in a passthrough submission form embedded into websites that you're visiting.

BrynW wrote: »
    Glad you got it sorted. That is really strange that it should play up like that. Did you have internet explorer open when you cleared the cookies and just keep using it?

Yes I did, it is most bizarre though. Thanks a million.

As for Welsh (looking at your username, am an old Lampeter head myself so maybe it's just part of the old Welsh Triangle....only Welsh people or UFO hunters will know what I mean!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,961 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Xavi6 wrote: »
    PM me all your passwords and I'll send the email for you.
    lol was that a joke or honest charity work for our Miss Fluffy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

How do I know OP is an actual girl?

"IE passwords issue" - man title
    "OMG purleeeease help!!" - girl title

Yes I did, it is most bizarre though. Thanks a million.

As for Welsh (looking at your username, am an old Lampeter head myself so maybe it's just part of the old Welsh Triangle....only Welsh people or UFO hunters will know what I mean!)

I'm not Welsh, just have a Welsh name ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement