Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very boring series imo...

Options
  • 14-07-2008 2:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭

anyone else just bored of this series?? think the BB producers picked alot of dull people, even the new housemates didnt do much to entertain me..... early days i suppose, but just not much happening, nothing funny happening...i dunno, maybe im just bitching to much!!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

The main problem is that there's no entertainer in the house. Nobody is providing the laughs.

Nowadays it's seen as a spring board into z list celebrity status. The public get bored of people's "love interest", it's not going to get steamy, so there's little to look at. The fighting and bitching usually gets stopped in the early days and for Health & safety reasons (!) BB can never let it get out of control, so it never becomes more than a molehill.

Quirky and interesting people aren't enough to sustain the peanut gallery, we want to be entertained. The only time that watching people doing ordinary things was viewable was when CBB was on.

But doesn't BB always go into a mid season lull every year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

The problem is that the participants and the viewers knew from day one who had been selected as winner, removing tension and the competitiveness of the players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

In other years I'd agree with that but this year there is no clear winner in my eyes. There are too many in there that are very quiet and are sitting on the fence hoping it takes them through to the final. There is very little entertainment in it this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I think you've got to say the blind guy is pretty much predetermined.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

I would agree with you that the winner this year seems re-determined, but it not Mikey 'the blind guy', not a chance he will win. He will go far though as I don't see him being nom'd for eviction all too soon.

For anyone that has had a passing interest in BB this year, I think it's obvious Kat is the predetermined winner. Hell even, BBLB and Davina never stop sh/ting on about her, as if she is the best thing since sliced bread. I don't see it myself, but I know that all those people that voted for Nadia to win, will strike again with Kat.

If they took her out of the equation, then yeah, I think it would be a tough one to call this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

No I don't think so, he is pretty universally disliked outside the house. The housemates may not nominate him for fear of looking bad but he won't win. I think BB want Kat to be the one but she is obviously faking all that "hirarious" stuff and once that slips she will fall out of public favour. I think its the most open series yet. Darnell has a lot of momentum right now but could blow it. I could see someone like Lisa or Dale putting in a good surge towards the end and taking it too. Usually at this stage you know who is going to win. So although it is boring this year the lack of a clear front runner this far in is the only thing going for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

nipplenuts wrote: »

I can see Mikey being in the final week.
    Not because he is a good/entertaining housemate because he is not but because nobody will nominate him until near the end.
    Up until now he hasn't got very many nominations.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It has got really boring. It peaked with the fight and has fizzled out since.

Mikey I think is who BB bosses want to win. They love to present these stories of people overcoming difficulties in their life. Brian - gay guy who becomes accepted, Nadia - transsexual who becomes accepted, Pete - Tourrette's sufferer who becomes accepted.

The public are so stupid and gullible that they usually give bosses exactly what they want.

I don't think Mikey will win though because he hasn't got enough personality. He will make it to the final week because I can't envisage many people nominating him and how many people will waste their own money to evict a blind chap?

I think Darnell will win and it will be presented as 'albino man gains acceptance' and so on.

The whole thing is panto and needs a decent panto villain. For example the Jungle Cats, Charlie, Nasty Nick.

Luke is the most likely one to fill that role but he's not so much a villain, more like a gossiping old biddy playing up to the cameras.

If it continues the way it is I'll probably switch off. I think if they allowed housemates to discuss nominations it would make things far more interesting. We'd see pacts and so on. It would be way more fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I stopped watching when Belinda arrived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 fawnwillow

The only ones that are providing a bit of entertainment are Luke and Bex, and maybe Kat although she seems to be putting on an act all the time, i find it hard to believe that she is really like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

I don't call what Luke and Bex are doing, entertainment.
    They wreck my head.
    Bex is always on about how she is the fun one and the entertaining one.
    All she does is get naked, throw food and scream.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Mabey so, but Luke and Becs are giving BB something to put out every night, and since Mario was evicted they need to fill in gaps left by the Facilitator, No other housemates apart from Luke and Becs are giving them anything.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

IL TELL YOU WHAT THE PROBLEM IS...... the public are evicting the ones who may stirr up some trouble, or provide entertainment in the form of a fight!!, or a love interest(ok its getting old in bb, but its better then nothing)
    steph shouldnt have gone the 1st week.(lisa should have)
    jen should have stayed ahead of rex.
    sylvia should have stayed ahead of mo.

yes, they are nasty people ok, but for entertainment purposes they should have stayed.
    they were never going to win, so why not keep them in.
    I dont always agree that we should vote for our favorite person, i think the public should be keeping the people in who are providing the more entertaining television.

im totally gone off the program tbh.
    Belinda shoud be taken out by the local sniper.
    Mario aka Brent being evicted was a disaster, he would have got even funnier if the public kept him in another week. his 'fan club' are behind him!

the tasks arnt great. no way could they have expected them to pass the irish dancing, big bro did this on purpose to have them on a 1$ budget pp. to cause tension.
    anyway. im done!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Worst series so far.. Every other year I've warmed to at least some of the housemates by now, can't get interested in it at all.. Not even the eviction shows... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I'm enjoying it more than most years, probably because there is no standout characters/storyline taking over the whole show like has tended to happen in previous years. This has allowed it to develop more naturally. I don't watch any of the live feed, just the nightly highlights, and have rarely been bored so far.
    I'd concede its not particularly actionpacked or anything, but in that sense its 'almost' a throwback to BB1 (for those who can remember).

Less interference by TPTB in the nomination process (compared to previous years) is helping as well.

There has always been a flaw that you tend to lose the stronger characters early and a few manage to fly beneath the radar to the final 2 weeks by not offending anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

worst series ever

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

worst series ever

Arrives
    :rolleyes:/
    Leave's.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Roses are red

Its the worst I have seen Bex is driving me mad hope she goes soon

Advertisement