Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping a Surfboard

Options
  • 14-07-2008 2:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭

Hi im living in California for the summer and im wondering does anyone know a cheap way to send home to Dublin a board that i have bought?

I tried DHL and UPS but there both expensive:mad:!! Its a 6'5" board that i only paid $100 for. Suppose i could sell it if I had too.

Cheers
    Sean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭sickpuppy32

try a freight company, partial loads cost less as they are over sea and take longer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Thanks ill have a look at a few companies!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Paddle it home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭yank_in_eire

Try booking it as cargo with whatever airline you're flying back here on - just make sure it's gorilla-proof padded!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭missmorbeg

fly it back with you . put it in the oversize luggage place get it on the plane for about € 50, it actually may be less, i did that when i flew to supertubos portugal, sure ring the flight company and they'll be able to give u a rough estimate , its not unusual

but do padd it up and take the fins off . lock the zip on the bag too

• Advertisement

Yeah a board bag would help, with loads of bubble rap, some cardboard too if you have any, make sure to protect the nose and rails and take off the fins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Only problem is Ive to fly to salt lake city then fly to new york for a week b4 I fly home!!
    Im having no luck with the freight companies either I think ill just sell it!:(

Have you any friends in California that are coming on a more direct route home? One of them could take it for you and you could collect it from them here, depending on how good a board it is, there are thousands of Irish over there for the summer so surely you will bump into someone

Advertisement