Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a green bottle of buckfast tonic wine

Options
  • 14-07-2008 3:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

i really want to get one in the republic of ireland and i am wondering does anyone know where to get it.it usually comes in a brown bottle

it is a popular drink in galway

EDIT:sorry i would like to add that i am look for the GREEN bottle and not the brown one.they are rare enough but im sure somewhere sells it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

You might have better luck asking over here

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=598

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

eyresquare wrote: »
    i really want to get one in the republic of ireland and i am wondering does anyone know where to get it.it usually comes in a brown bottle

it is a popular drink in galway

LMAO!!

Try tesco for that high quality beverage

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Moved from BGRH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭RDM_83

Isn't the green bottle the Northern (UK I presume) type, you can pick up the northern type occasionally in offy on Talbot street (down connolly station end)

edit
    Sorry no idea about galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

The green bottle is for nordies, i think the ingredients and alcohol level are different or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

yeah the northern bottles are green, anywhere boadering (ie monnaghan) sells green bottles i think!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

weemcd wrote: »
    yeah the northern bottles are green, anywhere boadering (ie monnaghan) sells green bottles i think!
    There's a fierce amount of laundering the green Buckfast for sale across the border goes on up that way.

whats the appeal of the green bottles compared to the brown?

when you screw the cap on and off repeatidly the lid grinds the glass off and you end up having a green mouth.

good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

weemcd wrote: »
    whats the appeal of the green bottles compared to the brown?

when you screw the cap on and off repeatidly the lid grinds the glass off and you end up having a green mouth.

good times.
    The Nordie (UK) one is higher in alcohol content and isn't as sweet tasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Heading up to Newry soon and would like to pick up a few green buckys for a friend. Anyone know where exactly to get em?
    Do the supermarkets sell em? Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco etc?

HB

• Advertisement

hamsterboy wrote: »
    Heading up to Newry soon and would like to pick up a few green buckys for a friend. Anyone know where exactly to get em?
    Do the supermarkets sell em? Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco etc?

HB

Supermarkets tend to never stock bottles of buckfast in my experience, one of the very few drinks you can't find in those massive supermarket off licences, aside from that any other regular off-licence should have stacks of them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I have a feeling Tesco in Derry sells the stuff in both normal sized and half bottles but I might be wrong. I'll have a look when I'm up on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

I think the Sainsburys in Newry are too good for buckfast, but ya can get the good (green) stuff in any of the little offy's around Newry, whenever I'm up I usually pop into the off licence beside the pup thats around from the Brass Monkey pub I think it's called or the Drink Link thats on the left as you come off the M1 and go past the roundabout on the way into Newry

Advertisement