Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

campag / shimano

Options
  • 14-07-2008 7:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Can anyone shed any light on this ? am currently running shimano 10 and want to put on srm cranks , only problem is the srm cranks are campag ! are they compatable ? any help on this would be great .

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Cranks are groupset agnostic. As long as they're ten speed cranks, they'll work with any other ten speed group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭coggs

i think the cranks are 9 speed so i presume i just out on a 10 speed campag chainring and its job done ?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I can't say for sure. Manufacturers will say not to mix ten speed drivetrains with nine speed cranks. But I've seen some people say it works fine and others say the rings are too wide for ten speed chains. If the latter's the case, swapping out the rings might make a difference, but I'm not sure if the spacing between rings on nine and ten speed cranks is different and if it is, whether it would affect shifting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

It will work fine. Theres a small chance you will need to change the rings to make it smoother, but even at that it should still be ok e.g. FSA Carbon cranks are Shimano/Campy/9/10 speed compatible. I have ridden record cranks on a dura-ace drivetrain whilst one of the lads in the club has full campy but with a Dura-Ace Crankset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭coggs

cheers lads , just have to get the boys in superstore to fit them and we are motoring ! thanx a million for the advice

• Advertisement
Advertisement