Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Neighbour Totoro showing on Thursday in the IFI.......

Options
  • 14-07-2008 8:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭

Possibly my favourite Ghibli film. I know most people prefer Mononoke or Spirited Away but for sheer heart and fun you cannot beat Totoro. On at 11:00AM Thursday 17th in the IFI. Wonder if it's subtitled or dubbed. Think the IFI normally use subtitled versions don't they?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

What's IFI ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Irish Film Institute I think. Its in Temple Bar near Meeting House Square. They show some very good films. Can't wait to get back to college and go back to it. Maybe (hopefully) they will do a Ghible season and show one movie a night for as long as they last

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

FilmFour [Sky, Chnl. 315] still show Studio Ghibli films every now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Brilliant! I love Totoro so much. Makes me all emotional. Why can't life really be so whimsical and innocent?? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Agreed! We could all do with a bit more whimsicality in our lives. The real world is too serious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    Brilliant! I love Totoro so much. Makes me all emotional. Why can't life really be so whimsical and innocent?? :(

..... I don't think I could have done the double bill. It was originally shown with Grave Of The Fireflies. What a double bill!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Definatly one of my favourite films of all time. Gave me goose bumps the first time I saw it.

That scene where the two little kids were having a bath was especially good...weh weh.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Yazacoo

..... I don't think I could have done the double bill. It was originally shown with Grave Of The Fireflies. What a double bill!!!

Whoa- I would be in such bits!
    Grave of the fireflies made me cry so much....

I really loved totoro, but I have to say I adored Howls moving castle. Maybe it's just a chick flick... Miyasakis sons earthsea was better than I expected too

Advertisement